DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Do not get on trains

MrPin

There's going to be years of this propaganda, forcing people back to the office. In a month or so they'll start requiring masks again no doubt once the Lambda Delta Strain (TM) starts rising - no way am I getting on a sweaty train with a muzzle. I managed to avoid it all through 2020 and it's surprisingly easy to never bother with trains.

• Agree 7
  • Cheers 1

Mirror Mirror
59 minutes ago, spunko said:

There's going to be years of this propaganda, forcing people back to the office. In a month or so they'll start requiring masks again no doubt once the Lambda Delta Strain (TM) starts rising - no way am I getting on a sweaty train with a muzzle. I managed to avoid it all through 2020 and it's surprisingly easy to never bother with trains.

It was also surprisingly easy to travel by train without a mask, even when they were ‘mandated’.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

It was also surprisingly easy to travel by train without a mask, even when they were ‘mandated’.

I encountered one of those living Soyjaks on the train to London once. xD

• Lol 1

47 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

It's gone a bit wrong in that respect and the fact that it's also now at odds with the anti-car and pro-public transport message is even funnier.  

Yes, they can't make their minds up. It may be difficult to tempt travellers back into public transport.

• Agree 2

I used to hate travelling in buses. Don’t drive and you wouldn’t to centre of Manchester. 
Gripes include smelly people , sticky handlebars, listening to inane phone conversations , stinking of weed.

Smelly people was not just buses, working in offices where there was a number of certain ethnic women who had to wear certain attire. Offices get warm due to the amount of machinery.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Volcanic said:

I used to hate travelling in buses. Don’t drive and you wouldn’t to centre of Manchester. 
Gripes include smelly people , sticky handlebars, listening to inane phone conversations , stinking of weed.

Smelly people was not just buses, working in offices where there was a number of certain ethnic women who had to wear certain attire. Offices get warm due to the amount of machinery.

"I used to hate travelling in buses.  Gripes include smelly people , listening to inane phone conversations , stinking of weed."

Same here.

And the passengers were even worse.

Edited by Syd Germs
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 6

Yadda yadda yadda
3 hours ago, spunko said:

Railways are another thing they need to raise taxes to pay for. Although extra petrol use will go part way towards paying for empty trains. They will end up having to hire a new Beeching to close the quietest lines down. Perhaps turn them into roads for electric cars only.

Yadda yadda yadda
2 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Half the staff didn't bother so it was easy. Also 'exempt!' was all that was needed if they could be bothered to question you.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I'm loving the contradictions that are now popping up everywhere.  I am now pretty positive that "the plan" was to scare everyone to death for a short while then inject them all and sound an all-clear siren and herd them all back to their previous lives.  It's gone a bit wrong in that respect and the fact that it's also now at odds with the anti-car and pro-public transport message is even funnier.  

On my way back from the filthy Stockport weekend I stopped off at my birth abode Walkden as it had a Total Fitness (membership carried from Teesside). Gym done and chilled I set off east around 0730...

The M60 where it merges with the M62 wasn't exactly bumper to bumper but when I looked at the four lanes of carnage on my side and four lanes on t'other, I thought to myself to make a mental note as I'd not seen it for years and it may shortly be a thing of the past. I could see probably 2000 cars and it was like looking into history.

Edited by Stuey
  • Agree 1

I just got the 28 year old car MOT'd again, with minor problems fixed. I am keeping off public transport like the government told me.

Mind you, I only drove 300 miles in the last year.

• Cheers 1

I went out driving in rush hour the other day. It was crazy busy with roads off the motorway junction log jammed and everyone queuing through the yellow keep clear zones with people merging from whatever direction they fancied. Cars doing 70mph with stationary traffic off the motorway and slamming on brakes to cut in.

No breakdowns just sheer weight of traffic which I assume is normal! 

• Agree 1

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, Ash4781b said:

I went out driving in rush hour the other day. It was crazy busy with roads off the motorway junction log jammed and everyone queuing through the yellow keep clear zones with people merging from whatever direction they fancied. Cars doing 70mph with stationary traffic off the motorway and slamming on brakes to cut in.

No breakdowns just sheer weight of traffic which I assume is normal! 

You wait til they're all lining up down the slip roads, waiting for their turn with the charger at the services.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Just checked, I've only put up about 1200 miles between the last couple of MOTs. I've been avoiding trains, tubes and busses since the covid thing liked off. I can't think of a better environment for spreading anything than the overcrowded public transport around here. Kahn is complaining because the numbers using the tube are only half what they were. I'd reckon that at half the previous numbers, travel on them might be just any bearable.

People aren't going to come back. Flexible working means that all commuter traffic is going to be down at least 50% on a permanent basis.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Errol said:

People aren't going to come back. Flexible working means that all commuter traffic is going to be down at least 50% on a permanent basis.

Car park in my office was fairly full I was surprised. We're working on a "come to the office if you feel like it otherwise work from home" scheme. To be fair some of them are secret squirrels who probably aren't allowed.

On 10/09/2021 at 10:17, MrPin said:

And people obeyed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58502589

Rail industry urges workers not to spurn the train

Cars are much better.

I like trains it's the other people on them I often have the problem with.

I do think it's funny they enjoyed fucking the commuters over with years of forced season ticket price rises but are crying now.

Edited by 23rdian
  • Agree 5

31 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Trains are the ultimate luxury way to travel for pleasure - in first class. I would choose them over planes at all times.

• Agree 4

35 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

I do think it's funny they enjoyed fucking the commuters over with years of forced season ticket price rises but are crying now.

Depending on the journey, it's sometimes more convenient to get on a long distance bus, for a third of the price.

Commuters, paticularly in the SE get skimmed, don't they?

13 minutes ago, Errol said:

Trains are the ultimate luxury way to travel for pleasure - in first class. I would choose them over planes at all times.

Looks like long distance night trains are set to replace air travel for the plebs. There are more and more being announced all the time.

https://press.siemens.com/global/en/pressrelease/obb-orders-20-more-nightjets-siemens-mobility

A total of 33 next-generation ÖBB Nightjets will be in service by 2025, providing climate-friendly overnight connections between various European cities.

• Informative 1