DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Your Personal Leningrad Plan

wherebee

The siege of Leningrad lasted 872 days.  The city had about 3.5 Million citizens before the seige.  About a million died.  Those that prepared, even a small amount, did substantially more than those that did not.  Having even a small amount of food or coal made the difference between life and death.

Despite the growing cracks in the narrative, and opposition I can see globally, I think there is a pretty good chance we have 1-2 years of absolute shitstorm in the west, especially against the unvaxxinated at certain times.  Being unable to work freely, being denied access to some services, and maybe being blocked from medical services such as checkups and dentistry, is all possible.  It's your own personal Leningrad - and I don't say that lightly.  People are going to die in some countries.  If what most of us suspect happens, the vaccinated are going to die in noticeable numbers, and fear will rocket.  During times of fear, crowds look for scapegoats.

So - what are you doing to protect you and yours for the worst case scenario.  Put aside the food and goods prepping; I think most DOSBODDERS have some food and supplies prepping already locked in.  What preparing are you doing beyond that?

After the shitty push this week in Australia of the banning of ivermectin and general agreement that airplanes will be off limits for the unvaxxed, Bidens declaration of war against republican states, and the very obvious UK government plan to fuck the country in the winter and then roll out passports.....

I'm focusing on:

1. getting the entire family to the dentist and getting any work done
  2. Getting the wife to bring forward her smear test
  3. looking for more stable employment instead of consulting; I suspect the sacking process for being unvaxxed will be more drawn out than just not renewing a temp contract
  4. Identifying which friends are 100% trustworthy and which might waver if incentives are around for dobbing people in for breaching rules
  5. finishing the capital intensive work round the home which will mean future costs minimise, plus runs down fiat cash in exchange for a useable benefit.  That includes security, heating, and insulation.
  6. get serious about the food production on my property.  I've been lazy and only have potatoes in - my fruit trees are too young.  I should be seeding now for other veg
  7. Losing weight and getting healthy.  I've been lazy, and used the lockdowns as an excuse
  • Agree 6
  • Cheers 2

The Masked Tulip

I did plan the dentist thing but dentists in my part of the world are only seeing emergencies.

Otherwise, I have made my peace with God and the Universe as best as I can. Trusting in them and trying to adopt a mindset of whatever will be will be.

Other than that, if the jabbed start dying like flies then I will consider burying them head first in the ground, with their torsos and legs sticking up in the air, such as Russians did to Germans at Stalingrad. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

The Masked Tulip
4 minutes ago, Stuey said:

My plan is not to listen to any of the above shite.

First point would be ditch the wife, which you've not even considered 

Yes, drive her into the outback and leave her there. When they find her dehydrated half-eaten remains in a few years they are bound to put the cause of death down as the China virus. 

• Lol 1

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes, drive her into the outback and leave her there. When they find her dehydrated half-eaten remains in a few years they are bound to put the cause of death down as the China virus. 

Well.

You heard it here first 

images (4).png

We have all the usual preps re food.

I have water purifying means.

Shotgun and air guns on premises - meat and/or marauders.

Solar lamps.

Hundreds of books.

Active garden and plenty of seeds.

Full log store plus further wood available in garden.

Open fires for heating/cooking (in a fashion) if necessary.

Both have lateral thinking and because we are very different in skills and personalities can find ways around problems.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Lightly Toasted
53 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

A collection of items that are innocuous by themselves but together can be used to iimprovise effective weapons.

• Lol 3

Lightly Toasted
47 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I did plan the dentist thing but dentists in my part of the world are only seeing emergencies.

Otherwise, I have made my peace with God and the Universe as best as I can. Trusting in them and trying to adopt a mindset of whatever will be will be.

Other than that, if the jabbed start dying like flies then I will consider burying them head first in the ground, with their torsos and legs sticking up in the air, such as Russians did to Germans at Stalingrad. 

We recently registered and got seen (not having been for years after our old dentist retired). Private though, there's no NHS dentistry available around here (Llandeilo). It was £85ish for a check-up, £60ish for hygienist. Since being forced to go private, I'd always choose to do so because the relationship is different and the work is higher quality.

He went so far as to say to Mrs Toasted (who is more vocal about vaccines etc. than me) "you're my patient now, that means I will treat you no matter what."

Which might not hold water if there's a real clampdown backed up by law, but still encouraging to hear.

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
50 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

When you say half-eaten, you do mean he hasn't wasted all that fresh meat? @wherebeewill have fava beans and Chianti in stock.

• Lol 1

The main form of prepping the average pleb can do is try and get yourself in a position where you are, with a bit of luck, healthy enough not to need the NHS medical treatment for the forseeable.

So many people I know are chronically stressed, sedentary, on shit diets.

I earn less than them but my job is low stress, I walk 6K a day, and eat well. I think over the coming years/decades my approach should give me a better chance of staying away from a hospital but nothing is guaranteed.

I'd actually really like laser eye surgery - not for vanity - I may look worse without glasses - but because I fucking hate wearing glasses. I guess if I wanted that the best time would be now cause it's not gonna get cheaper.

I'd considered again moving back in with the folks - but they've announced having taken their house off the market after being sale agreed for 9 months (with a good 6 months of drama preceeding that when they put it on the market and had viewings/offers), they're putting the fucker back on in another 4 months and there'll be all that fucking drama all over again (they're convinced that a house has to look empty to sell, can't have a big family home that actually has people in it) and I could do without having to listen to it all. Value a peaceful life over being able to save more.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 7
  • Cheers 2

Mirror Mirror
5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

6 months of drama preceeding that when they put it on the market and had viewings/offers), they're putting the fucker back on in another 4 months and there'll be all that fucking drama all over again (they're convinced that a house has to look empty to sell, can't have a big family home that actually has people in it) and I could do without having to listen to it all. Value a peaceful life over being able to save more.

That reminds me of visiting friends in America a few years back.

They we’re selling their house at the time and we had to endure several viewings where every trace of our existence had to be obliterated, prior to the prospective buyers coming round - a bit like Anne Frank before a Gestapo visit.

This is the guy who lodged with me years ago, in a house that was also up for sale and the estate agent showed some people round and walked in on my mate shagging his girlfriend at midday. xD

• Lol 8
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

That reminds me of visiting friends in America a few years back.

They we’re selling their house at the time and we had to endure several viewings where every trace of our existence had to be obliterated, prior to the prospective buyers coming round - a bit like Anne Frank before a Gestapo visit.

This is the guy who lodged with me years ago, in a house that was also up for sale and the estate agent showed some people round and walked in on my mate shagging his girlfriend at midday. xD

It's absolutely mental - the idea that a big family home has to look like a showhome that has never been lived in - freshly cleaned and not a single thing out of place.

So they complain if there's viewings happening too frequently, or if there's too many uninterested viewers "because we have to clean the entire house every time".

No you fucking don't. It's all in your head.

I'm gonna enjoy the next 4 months because once the house goes back on the market it'll be the only topic of conversation again.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

The siege of Leningrad lasted 872 days.  The city had about 3.5 Million citizens before the seige.  About a million died.  Those that prepared, even a small amount, did substantially more than those that did not.  Having even a small amount of food or coal made the difference between life and death.

Despite the growing cracks in the narrative, and opposition I can see globally, I think there is a pretty good chance we have 1-2 years of absolute shitstorm in the west, especially against the unvaxxinated at certain times.  Being unable to work freely, being denied access to some services, and maybe being blocked from medical services such as checkups and dentistry, is all possible.  It's your own personal Leningrad - and I don't say that lightly.  People are going to die in some countries.  If what most of us suspect happens, the vaccinated are going to die in noticeable numbers, and fear will rocket.  During times of fear, crowds look for scapegoats.

So - what are you doing to protect you and yours for the worst case scenario.  Put aside the food and goods prepping; I think most DOSBODDERS have some food and supplies prepping already locked in.  What preparing are you doing beyond that?

After the shitty push this week in Australia of the banning of ivermectin and general agreement that airplanes will be off limits for the unvaxxed, Bidens declaration of war against republican states, and the very obvious UK government plan to fuck the country in the winter and then roll out passports.....

I'm focusing on:

1. getting the entire family to the dentist and getting any work done
  2. Getting the wife to bring forward her smear test
  3. looking for more stable employment instead of consulting; I suspect the sacking process for being unvaxxed will be more drawn out than just not renewing a temp contract
  4. Identifying which friends are 100% trustworthy and which might waver if incentives are around for dobbing people in for breaching rules
  5. finishing the capital intensive work round the home which will mean future costs minimise, plus runs down fiat cash in exchange for a useable benefit.  That includes security, heating, and insulation.
  6. get serious about the food production on my property.  I've been lazy and only have potatoes in - my fruit trees are too young.  I should be seeding now for other veg
  7. Losing weight and getting healthy.  I've been lazy, and used the lockdowns as an excuse

Got some food supplies, always handy to have some power or heat back ups, grew some veggies but the dentist is a big priority!

Yes I guess what @wherebee is referring to is basically how to reduce your reliance on anything outside of your immediate family/friends for the essentials of life.

So what are the essentials?

Food, clean water, shelter, heat, medical care. Is there anything else?

So if you stockpile food, figure out what veg you can actually grow yourself....what about medicines? Any use stockpiling any common meidcations?

What about solar - is that viable any more in the UK or is it all bullshit?

In terms of cooking, I'll give a shout out to my favorite device the Instant Pot pressure cooker....as well as being fool proof I think it's one of the most energy effective ways of cooking.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Chewing Grass
4 hours ago, wherebee said:

Getting the wife to bring forward her smear test

Booked mine in for a hysterectomy in 2006 as I new all this was coming, it turned out that it took a bit longer than expected.

Edited by Chewing Grass
  • Lol 3

5 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

A collection of items that are innocuous by themselves but together can be used to iimprovise effective weapons.

Hell is other people. I've just finally managed to get a psycho neighbour out of my life after 3 years of bullying behaviour from them. Unable to deal with the changes of the last few years, business failed, lashing out in my direction (not physically but a few hints received indicating that might be next stage). This will be more and more common.

The law in UK is very strict regards carrying any kind of 'weapon'.

Anyway, completely unrelated to that, I recently developed a taste for spicy food. So much so that I carry a little bottle of chilli sauce spray with me. Very useful if I ever have a "bland food emergency".

One such recipe for the chilli sauce spray here... (I used white vinegar instead of rubbing alcohol).

I have absolutely no idea why they call it 'pepper spray'.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

Cosmic Apple
5 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

We recently registered and got seen (not having been for years after our old dentist retired). Private though, there's no NHS dentistry available around here (Llandeilo). It was £85ish for a check-up, £60ish for hygienist. Since being forced to go private, I'd always choose to do so because the relationship is different and the work is higher quality.

He went so far as to say to Mrs Toasted (who is more vocal about vaccines etc. than me) "you're my patient now, that means I will treat you no matter what."

Which might not hold water if there's a real clampdown backed up by law, but still encouraging to hear.

Hope you have a plan in place to occupy and fortify dinefwr. Always thought that would make an ace spot to call home.

Snake Plissken

I think the lesson from Leningrad is you're better getting away then trying to stay put. Huge numbers died in the siege and for those that remained they starved and had the most miserable lives. Taking the 2nd world war and the Jewish who fled, both Germany and the countries they conquered, it was the once who fled and left everything who survived.

In case every gets that shit have an actual escape plan

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

I think the lesson from Leningrad is you're better getting away then trying to stay put. Huge numbers died in the siege and for those that remained they starved and had the most miserable lives. Taking the 2nd world war and the Jewish who fled, both Germany and the countries they conquered, it was the once who fled and left everything who survived.

In case every gets that shit have an actual escape plan

True but I reckon that most people will not be able to judge when they need to get out and wait far too long. So long that escape becomes impossible. 

• Agree 1

Exactly this. I rid myself of my bully/agressor by selling my land. Left it later than I should have and have paid a price for that. Boiled frog syndrome,  combined with the natural desire to defend and hold my land. No win situation though.

Am now applying the lessons learned to other things which we take for granted and view as safe assets.. assets can suddenly become terrible liabilities, overnight.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1