DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Your Personal Leningrad Plan

wherebee

I'm just gonna make one of these. I live in a city, no amount of prepping is gonna make a difference so I'm just gonna go down fighting. I've also got an 18in scaffold pole for close combat. Enjoy the apocalypse 🥴 

Edit: If this Leningrad situation were to ever happen it's because we let it happen 

Edit again: I can't believe I'm even fathoming this shit. Wowzers

Edited by lid
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

maynardgravy

I'm guessing if the Georgia Guidestones are accurate then there's gonna be a lot of unattended allotments to pillage. That and I can maybe fashion some kind of Steam-punk/Mad Max armour out of my plethora of brass instruments. Not sure it would protect me much against '@lid the Impaler' and his scaffolding mind. 

• Lol 3

Talking Monkey
29 minutes ago, lid said:

I'm just gonna make one of these. I live in a city, no amount of prepping is gonna make a difference so I'm just gonna go down fighting. I've also got an 18in scaffold pole for close combat. Enjoy the apocalypse 🥴 

Edit: If this Leningrad situation were to ever happen it's because we let it happen 

Edit again: I can't believe I'm even fathoming this shit. Wowzers

Dude get a short handle axe, they're ace for fighting in a confined space

• Informative 2

2 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

I'm guessing if the Georgia Guidestones are accurate then there's gonna be a lot of unattended allotments to pillage. That and I can maybe fashion some kind of Steam-punk/Mad Max armour out of my plethora of brass instruments. Not sure it would protect me much against '@lid the Impaler' and his scaffolding mind. 

Just you try and get your hands on my last pot noodle

Edited by lid
  • Agree 1

maynardgravy
1 minute ago, lid said:

Just you try and get your hands on my last post noodle

Urgghhh,

If your pot noodle was the last morsel left on Earth, I'd let you have it and I'd have a go at eating the scaffolding. 

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

Mr Fabulous

If they stop the unvaccinated from entering supermarkets / shops, I wonder if we'll see a resurgence of good old fashioned, Dick Turpin stylee highway robbery - namely all those Tesco & Asda home delivery vans.

• Lol 4

Lightly Toasted
2 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Hope you have a plan in place to occupy and fortify dinefwr. Always thought that would make an ace spot to call home.

The house would be okay; the castle would be a bit draughty -- though easier to fortify perhaps.

ninjaborrower

I personally dont think anything will happen, most people will plod along, stressing out over useless crap but never go hungry, the system has downgraded to the level of the average human

They are lazy and will eat any old shit as long as its cheap and they have money left over to buy there monthly netflix sub

Best way to beat the system is not to be beholden to it, get rid of debt, grow your own and dont watch tv

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

Bricks & Mortar

I have food in the cupboards.  I could fashion an emergency woodburner.

I plan to just keep doing my regular job.  Repairing peoples roofs.  I doubt there'll be any big projects on the go, but small leaks and whatnot.  If it goes full Leningrad, I reckon I'll be able to barter my services for food and other supplies.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

stop_the_craziness

I have no intention of living in some kind of post-apocalypse world of guns and eating each other's feet in order to survive another 24 hours.

I plan to carry on as normal, avoiding/resisting whatever restrictions I practically can but if it all goes Mad Max then I'm happy to top myself.  I've properly enjoyed my time on this earth and if the good times are stopping then I have zero interest in carrying on.

• Agree 5
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

VeryMeanReversion
6 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I have no intention of living in some kind of post-apocalypse world of guns and eating each other's feet in order to survive another 24 hours.

I plan to carry on as normal, avoiding/resisting whatever restrictions I practically can but if it all goes Mad Max then I'm happy to top myself.  I've properly enjoyed my time on this earth and if the good times are stopping then I have zero interest in carrying on.

How much do you weigh?  I'm trying to work out your calorific value.

• Lol 6
  • Cheers 1

stop_the_craziness
1 minute ago, VeryMeanReversion said:

How much do you weigh?  I'm trying to work out your calorific value.

I'd make a very poor main meal but a decent light snack with a cuppa.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I'd actually really like laser eye surgery - not for vanity - I may look worse without glasses - but because I fucking hate wearing glasses. I guess if I wanted that the best time would be now cause it's not gonna get cheaper.

I would recommend that, the survival benefits had crossed my mind.

An obvious one, take up some realistic self-defence, boxing, kickboxing, Krav Maga.

Edited by Panther
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Panther said:

I would recommend that, the survival benefits had crossed my mind.

An obvious one, take up some realistic self-defence, boxing, kickboxing, Krav Maga.

I had my long sight dealt with by laser surgery almost 20 years ago.  No problems since.  My reading sight is the problem I have now, getting old!

Joe - do a lot of research on which laser eye clinic to use.  Go for longstanding, plenty of customer feedback, etc.

24 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Joe - do a lot of research on which laser eye clinic to use.  Go for longstanding, plenty of customer feedback, etc.

Yes, don't go cheap, go for the latest technique from the best consultant ophthalmologist you can stretch to, top end should be around 5k

Edited by Panther

6 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Me too. If all my friends and family are gone then what is the point in carrying on? But I can assure you before I do top myself, I will take out a few, err, people that shouldn't be in this country (apocalypse or not).

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

King Penda
18 hours ago, lid said:

Just you try and get your hands on my last pot noodle

Just got 4 they are down to 50p at Tesco 

• Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

King Penda
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Me too. If all my friends and family are gone then what is the point in carrying on? But I can assure you before I do top myself, I will take out a few, err, people that shouldn't be in this country (apocalypse or not).

It won’t get that bad the worst I see happening is compulsory jabs for lots of jobs maybe even for those on certain benifits or lose there cash.a bail in is a possibility and so to is rampant inflation.possible bans from shops and the school yard is another

Edited by King Penda

12 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Just got 4 they are down to 50p at Tesco 

I prefer Super Noodles, mix in some corned beef - a good easy snack when you're drinking

• Informative 1

King Penda
34 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I prefer Super Noodles, mix in some corned beef - a good easy snack when you're drinking

I’m nealy out of room I could start stashing even more shit up the loft but that might be totaly ott.I wonder if you can still get that marvel powder milk I’ve got yeast and enough flour to make 16 loaves I even bought the tins you make it in 

King Penda
19 hours ago, Mr Fabulous said:

If they stop the unvaccinated from entering supermarkets / shops, I wonder if we'll see a resurgence of good old fashioned, Dick Turpin stylee highway robbery - namely all those Tesco & Asda home delivery vans.

Pisser but easier to get a friend to go shoping for you 

Battenberg

We’ve had a few of these end of days threads and the more we have the less I give a shit about things getting that bad.

Early in the pandemic, before it was a pandemic, I was stock pilling and getting stuff together. Again a month or 2 back with talk of shortages I started stocking up again. Now, I’m just going to let the chips fall as they may. 

My mood is seriously in my boots at the moment so perhaps I’m not thinking clearly. 

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

Hey - yeah I did research it a while ago - obviously if I did go for it I pay through the nose for the absolute best that was available, fuck going to some high street place.

There's an eye clinic down the street from me that claims to have the most advanced surgery available on the island; though I'd need to do some more resarch:

https://cathedraleye.com/treatment/visumax-smile-laser/

I think one good thing is that my prescription hasn't changed in 7 years, wasn't that strong to begin with, and when it did change 7 years ago I think it was a dodgy optician trying to make sure he got me to buy new glasses.

Edited by JoeDavola