DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What if we're wrong?

Mouse

https://www.rt.com/news/534785-israel-coronavirus-shaulian-poisoning-death/

As another prominent anti vax person succumbs to covid I can't stop the little nagging voice in my head from saying what if covid is as bad as they make out and wouldn't it make sense just to get the vaccine. It would make my life a lot easier, and let me see my son  in America, if nothing else.

I've always thought the vaccine would be worse for me than covid, but as I already suffer from breathing problems I'm not so sure now. If I caught covid I think there's a good chance it could be nasty :(

I've not changed how I feel about the jab, more about how I feel about the virus.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4

I understand that but what if the vaccination does help prevent covid becoming so severe that you end up needing hospital treatment.  That's without all the stories of been treated like a 2nd class citizen by the NHS if you've not been vaccinated.

Think I'm just having a bit of a wobble today.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mouse said:

what if the vaccination does help prevent covid becoming so severe that you end up needing hospital treatment. 

That is completely opposite to observable results

• Agree 8
  • Love 1

All I mean is, you can't just be a fat slob with appalling metabolism and inflammation, and expect to wield being anti-jab as some sort of magic shield.  It doesn't work like that. 

However, the prophylactics we've talked about ad infinitum would probably get you out of trouble more than the jab.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Just seen your edit Loki  thanks. I've remained anti vax from the beginning and so far haven't seen anything to change my mind, it's just the tiny 0.001% uncertainty when you see the unvaccinated dying from the virus. Though I suppose the msm will highlight these cases to pressurise more people into getting the jab. 

It's hard to know what to think and who to believe sometimes (outside of here of course).

• Agree 1

This still isn't the flu and the vaccines aren't vaccines as we know them and they replicate the deadliest part of the virus. 

Avoiding both could be ideal, but may not be practical.

Reckon whatever is the trend in Japan in regards avoiding / tackling and treating the disease is possibly the best steer available.

Is there even open travel to the US yet, what about paying for him to see you?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Just seen your edit Loki  thanks. I've remained anti vax from the beginning and so far haven't seen anything to change my mind, it's just the tiny 0.001% uncertainty when you see the unvaccinated dying from the virus. Though I suppose the msm will highlight these cases to pressurise more people into getting the jab. 

It's hard to know what to think and who to believe sometimes (outside of here of course).

So are you taking steps to improve your immune system, increase metabolism and lower inflammation?

I won't attempt to outline my health/diet 'routine' here as it's pretty contrary, and there is no one size fits all.

The paleo diet is a fairly good conventional take to start with.  Not perfect, but 1000x better than standard government dietary advice.  Bit heavy on polyunsaturated fats, and muscle meat, but not bad.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

If the science is right, then jabbing the older kids will reduce transmission, so the population is moving towards herd immunity even if its not actually achieved, so virus spread will be suppressed enough that now normal anti-catching behaviour may be all it takes to avoid catching it.

If the science is wrong, then the vaxx may be a bigger risk than covid long term, as new treatments are accepted, variants mutate into weaker strains, and the long term data on vaxx impact becomes clearer.

We all need to decide for ourselves whether the risk of the vaxx outweighs the risk of covid and how long it's realistic to be able to avoid both.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

All I mean is, you can't just be a fat slob with appalling metabolism and inflammation, and expect to wield being anti-jab as some sort of magic shield.  It doesn't work like that. 

I've taken steps to lose weight and am as active as my health allows, it's these factors that make me wonder if the vaccine would be beneficial, but I know it's a personal thing and no one can decide for me. 

I'll go and read some more of the  "don't take this vaccine" thread, that'll knock some sense into me 😄

Just now, Mouse said:

I've taken steps to lose weight and am as active as my health allows, it's these factors that make me wonder if the vaccine would be beneficial, but I know it's a personal thing and no one can decide for me. 

I'll go and read some more of the  "don't take this vaccine" thread, that'll knock some sense into me 😄

Good, that's a great start! Vitamin D is a good supplement to start with for immune system,  I think a lot on here take it.

No need to go mental with it as there are interactions/balances between D and A, and E and K.  Too much of a good thing etc.

• Love 1

stop_the_craziness
Just now, ashestoashes said:

think I'd be suicidal if I was forced to take the spike protein vaccines at the moment.

I've had one dream where I was force-vaccinated (literally) and I woke up in an absolute state of terror thinking "what have I done?" for a few seconds until I realised.  So regardless of whether I am right or wrong, at least there doesn't appear to be any doubt in what I do think.

• Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I've had one dream where I was force-vaccinated (literally) and I woke up in an absolute state of terror thinking "what have I done?" for a few seconds until I realised.

I've had a very similar dream

23 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I've had one dream where I was force-vaccinated (literally) and I woke up in an absolute state of terror thinking "what have I done?" for a few seconds until I realised.  So regardless of whether I am right or wrong, at least there doesn't appear to be any doubt in what I do think.

I've also had this dream and instantly regretted taking it and the sense of no going back was overwhelming. It seems my subconscious self knows more than I do!

• Agree 3

Bricks & Mortar
29 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

think I'd be suicidal if I was forced to take the spike protein vaccines at the moment.

I've thought about this too.  If someone is actually coming to force-jab me, I'm afraid its attempted murder in my book.  I'm intending to have a good go at defending myself.

• Agree 8