DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What if we're wrong?

Mouse

The Generation Game
17 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

To pose the question 'What if we're wrong' is to fall into the MSM/governmediament trap of thinking in binary terms about Covid, ie, either there is a deadly rampaging terrible virus that will kill us all, or it's all a load of made up cobblers.

The truth is probably somewhere in between but any scepticism I have comes from interpreting the official statistics etc in a calm and rational way.

Therefore in the case of all things Covid related, saying 'what if we're wrong' is a bit like saying 'what if the glass is really half empty, not half full?' In short the question is illogical.

It's like we're reading one of these but we're not in control of turning the pages. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choose_Your_Own_Adventure

Edited by The Generation Game
  • Cheers 1

@Austin Allegro I think the virus does exist but isn't natural and was released accidentally from the lab in Wuhan, hence all the initial hysteria from governments around the world.

I would also like to think that, if I contacted the virus, my immune system could cope even though it's a bit compromised.  At the moment I still think the vaccination would be more dangerous to me than the virus but this may change in time.

I'm usually a "glass half full" type of person, but yesterday was a particularly shitty Monday.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Mirror Mirror
20 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Assuming Covid is a natural virus, I would rather let my body cope with that in the best way possible (through my natural immune system) than take the risk with an improperly tested injection for which (whatever they try to pretend) there is absolutely no long term data available. That should be the end of the discussion with anybody.

Absolutely, especially given its IFR of what fractions of 1%, and it’s average age of mortality.

If it were an across the age range 10%er, things might be a bit different.

• Agree 3

Cheese Limit
20 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

To pose the question 'What if we're wrong' is to fall into the MSM/governmediament trap of thinking in binary terms about Covid, ie, either there is a deadly rampaging terrible virus that will kill us all, or it's all a load of made up cobblers.

The truth is probably somewhere in between but any scepticism I have comes from interpreting the official statistics etc in a calm and rational way.

Therefore in the case of all things Covid related, saying 'what if we're wrong' is a bit like saying 'what if the glass is really half empty, not half full?' In short the question is illogical.

Well said and this seems to be where I am - right in the middle of the full tin-foil hatter conspiracy of it being a man-made tool of mass oppression / control and it being a new naturally occurring virus that is potentially dangerous to some people.

There are so many permutations between these points that full analysis and drawing any conclusions is impossible.

At this point at least.

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I would also like to think that, if I contacted the virus, my immune system could cope even though it's a bit compromised.  At the moment I still think the vaccination would be more dangerous to me than the virus but this may change in time.

You also have to factor in what personal risk you think you are at of catching the virus. Mine is close to nil. If I worked all day every day in close contact with lots of people I might have a different view.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

You also have to factor in what personal risk you think you are at of catching the virus. Mine is close to nil. If I worked all day every day in close contact with lots of people I might have a different view.

Good point. I don't have contact with many people outside my immediate family so I don't think I need to worry there. 

Hail the Tripod
25 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I’d have to disagree. Unless you are planning on living as a Stylite, you really should assume that you will be exposed to the virus many times every year, forever.

Unless you are temporarily immune-compromised, adopting a strategy of avoiding exposure will just enormously constrain your life to no net benefit. You may as well try cycling to the moon.

• Agree 5

I still don't understand people who say "Oh I'll get it when I'm old"

They don't seem to work well, and might kill or injure you.

Just my personal take, get jabbed if you want of course.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I’d have to disagree. Unless you are planning on living as a Stylite, you really should assume that you will be exposed to the virus many times every year, forever.

Unless you are temporarily immune-compromised, adopting a strategy of avoiding exposure will just enormously constrain your life to no net benefit. You may as well try cycling to the moon.

Not sure I agree. We have apparently been in the middle of a pandemic but the vast majority haven't got it. Or they have and they didn't even notice. 

Remember many people on that Princess cruise ship sat in a tiny cabin with one other person and one got it and the other didn't. 

Or maybe the testing is shit. Or maybe a combination. Who knows. 

The one thing that's beyond doubt so far is the thing - whatever it is - is a minor risk to nearly everyone. 

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

Bus Stop Boxer
9 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Now I'm conflicted as Jacinda has been taking Ivermectin since she was a foal. 

Its to privint the diths.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5

The Generation Game
2 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Its to privint the diths.

How to speak kiwi 101. 

Change all a to e

Change all e to i

Change all i to o

Change all o to u

Change all u to a

• Informative 1

Bus Stop Boxer
34 minutes ago, ccc said:

Not sure I agree. We have apparently been in the middle of a pandemic but the vast majority haven't got it. Or they have and they didn't even notice. 

Remember many people on that Princess cruise ship sat in a tiny cabin with one other person and one got it and the other didn't. 

The one thing that's beyond doubt so far is the thing - whatever it is - is a minor risk to nearly everyone. 

London commuter deaths non event of Winter/Spring 2020 says you're right.

I was expecting carnage and when it did not materialise, it was the point at which i stopped giving a fuck.

As a tube user for 30 years i know how crammed and fertile an environment that could provide, as would many here.

Some 60 year old in the Derbyshire hills wouldn't have a scooby of that perspective.

Game over as a "pandemic" right there.

• Agree 8
  • Informative 1

Hail the Tripod
42 minutes ago, ccc said:

Exposure seems certain to be far more common than infection, which in turn is far more common than manifesting as a disease state.

Exposure can be far, far more commonplace than observable disease.

• Agree 2

Lightly Toasted
3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

True, you're going to be exposed to it but that doesn't mean you'll catch it (which is what @Wight Flight mentioned).

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I’d have to disagree. Unless you are planning on living as a Stylite

I am assuming that is all the .gov will allow me to do anyway.

For my own protection, of course.

• Lol 2

Bus Stop Boxer
11 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

That sounded like a South African accent to me in my head.

Yes, i think i over did it with "privint". Pravint? Might be better.

"Diths" is bang on though i think.

• Lol 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
11 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

How to speak kiwi 101. 

Change all a to e

Change all e to i

Change all i to o

Change all o to u

Change all u to a

That’s wrong - Fish and Chips becomes Fush’n Chups not Fosh en Chops. 

• Agree 1

Fully Detached
On 15/09/2021 at 22:37, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Yes, i think i over did it with "privint". Pravint? Might be better.

"Diths" is bang on though i think.

Agreed - and so is "Dicking" - as in, "I do love a nice bit of dicking in the garden".

• Lol 1

On 15/09/2021 at 16:00, Hail the Tripod said:

I’m in close, hands on contact, with people most days. I wear a visor, which doesn’t do anything and I always tell my customers they are welcome to take off their masks if they prefer. 

I’m actually trying to stay around as many germs as I usually would, back in the old days.   I don’t wish to be in a sterile environment. This makes me more exposed to COVID but also, I believe, keeps my immune system working against other general bugs etc. 

• Agree 10

On 15/09/2021 at 15:36, Mouse said:

Good point. I don't have contact with many people outside my immediate family so I don't think I need to worry there. 

In the long term, we are all pretty much certain to be exposed to the virus.

I would suggest that you are now younger and healthier than you will be at any time in the future -  the rational thing for you to do would be to go out of your way to get infected as it is likely that you will be protected for a very long time into the future.

• Agree 2