DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Jab status poll

hapax legomenon

Current jab status  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mirror Mirror
3 minutes ago, Mcozzy said:

No jabs and absolutely no intention of being coerced into being jabbed.

Yep. Think the poll needs this as an option. ‘No jabs yet’ implies that I’m just waiting for the right moment.

• Agree 9

Democorruptcy

I did one for the end of March and June and was going to do another for end Sept but using the same questions, so it was easier to see any trend. These are the others first and second.

4 of your 5 questions only relate to people who have been jabbed and they were a tiny minority on here.

• Informative 1

Double jabbed due to age and temporarily immune system knackered.

No more.  No flu jab.  No saying what's swimming around in my blood stream now.  Wish I hadn't needed it.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Cheers 3

mattydread

I'm seeing my Dr about getting exemption - if this doesn't work I'll go legal route & quite happy (not that happy but if it means no jabs them so be it) to pay up to $10k or 5k quids

Snake Plissken
3 minutes ago, mattydread said:

I'm seeing my Dr about getting exemption - if this doesn't work I'll go legal route & quite happy (not that happy but if it means no jabs them so be it) to pay up to $10k or 5k quids

What's the legal route you pay for ?

The Masked Tulip
20 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

No jabs as want to become a pure blood sperm donor

You need to see a doctor about that.

• Lol 2

Yadda yadda yadda
33 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Yep. Think the poll needs this as an option. ‘No jabs yet’ implies that I’m just waiting for the right moment.

I thought that and then decided it is possible they will knock down my door mob handed at 5am for forced jabbing. Unlikely but possible.

unregistered_guest

Expecting to receive notification that it's time for a booster in the next month or two, provided my corner of the EU pulls its administrative finger out of its collective arse.

This will be preceded by a friendly email from the company HRpies, sweetly reminding me that they will need to update my vaccination status soon.

To give them their due, they are awfully good at arranging paid leave for double-jabbed individuals who succumb to the dreaded sniffles of doom for a couple of weeks, and time off to recover from the actual jabs too.

To the point where I'm feeling like I'm missing out on the party. Where's my extra time off as a reward for not getting sick in the first place?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, mattydread said:

Can you let me know how you get on with that? I tried my doctor and she said they hadn't been given any advice how to proceed with an exemption and I was the first person who had asked. Considering I might have already had covid and looking at the bad reactions on my medical record she understood why I was asking for an exemption and was going to get back to me if she found anything about it, not heard from her since.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

mattydread
2 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

What's the legal route you pay for ?

Not so sure at the moment...still looking into it.

mattydread
29 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Can you let me know how you get on with that? I tried my doctor and she said they hadn't been given any advice how to proceed with an exemption and I was the first person who had asked. Considering I might have already had covid and looking at the bad reactions on my medical record she understood why I was asking for an exemption and was going to get back to me if she found anything about it, not heard from her since.

I  have a 3 monthly injection for arthiritis/psoriasis, on the highest dose of HB tabs, currently waiting for results for arse C. 

Fairly active & normal weight etc - drink like a fish & quitting for 3 weeks this coming Wednesday.

I may have a solid case for exemption?

We'll see

Thombleached

No jab. No contact from NHS after the letter arrived "telling me" when my jab was booked for (and promptly chucked in the bin).

Surprised they haven't hounded me.

• Cheers 3

Democorruptcy
39 minutes ago, mattydread said:

I  have a 3 monthly injection for arthiritis/psoriasis, on the highest dose of HB tabs, currently waiting for results for arse C. 

Fairly active & normal weight etc - drink like a fish & quitting for 3 weeks this coming Wednesday.

I may have a solid case for exemption?

We'll see

The case for an exemption seems very limited. There's a pdf file here for care home staff to claim they are exempt, that buys them 12 weeks until their case has had a clinical review.

Examples of medical exemptions from COVID-19 vaccination could include individuals:

•Receiving end of life care where vaccination is not in the individual’s interests.

•With learning disabilities or autistic individuals, or with a combination of impairmentswhich result in the same distress, who find vaccination and testing distressingbecause of their condition and cannot be achieved through reasonable adjustmentssuch as provision of an accessible environment.

•With medical contraindications to the vaccines such as severe allergy to all COVID-19 vaccines or their constituents.

•Who have had adverse reactions to the first dose (e.g.myocarditis).

Time-limited exemptions will also be available for those with short-term medical conditions (e.g. people receiving hospital care or receiving medication which may interact with the vaccination). A time-limited exemption is also available for pregnant women should they choose to take it.

Exemptions for conditions listed in section 4.4 (special warnings and precautions for use) in the Summary of Product Characteristics for each of the approved COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Moderna) may also be considered

Re exemptions for conditions in the Summary of Product Characteristics this is the Astra Zeneca

Edit to add:

The Lancet did a paper on arthritis and rheumatism flare ups after vaccination.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanrhe/article/PIIS2665-9913(21)00108-9/fulltext

Edited by Democorruptcy
  • Informative 2

27 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

No jab but will be amazed if I haven't had it this time next year

Yeah same here.

I'll be shocked if they don't go all in to make life basically impossible for the non-jabbed over the next year - the next 6 months actually.

But it's their move.

• Agree 7

6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yeah same here.

I'll be shocked if they don't go all in to make life basically impossible for the non-jabbed over the next year - the next 6 months actually.

But it's their move.

They've just changed the rules for travel so that I can't, as an unjabbed, visit the UK without isolating even though the country I'd be travelling from is green under the current rules.

So, I'm afraid to say I won't be spending any of my NOK in the UK this year.

Actually if it all kicks off financially I'll be in a country which exports oil, gas and electricity and has all the infrastructure in place to maintain a good quality of life.

Might have to live on fish for a while but I'm ok with that :)

• Cheers 2

Just a thought, does anybody know how long the jab is supposed to be effective for?

Does the I'm double jabbed smartphone app have a countdown to expiry feature?

Mirror Mirror
2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Just a thought, does anybody know how long the jab is supposed to be effective for?

Does the I'm double jabbed smartphone app have a countdown to expiry feature?

I’ve seen half life of 68 days quoted, and data from Israel shows that efficacy drops rapidly around the 4 month mark. Austria and Croatia have a limit of 9 months from penultimate jab to qualify as double jabbed. 

No idea about any apps.

• Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Option5 said:

They're effective till the new extra effective jabs come out.

Which will be effective till the new super extra effective jabs come out.

Etc etc

Edited by Syd Germs
  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1