• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Syria gas attack. It seems to follow the same play book.

Rebels amass 10,000 combattants to attack Homs, after initial success they get halted and pushed back, push back seems to be turning into a bit of a rout now that the SAA elite troops have been brought in with village after village falling.

So there seems to be a gas attack. Western leaders are falling over themselves to condemn Assad however there is zero independent reporting on the ground. We have no idea what is happening. The rebels are saying it is Chlorine, European experts are claiming "Sarin". I'm calling bullshit. Why do these attacks always happen when Assad is on the front foot? Why attack civilians nowhere near the fighting? It doesn't make much sense.

35 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

They spend all afternoon most days on Radio 5 sarcastically referring to 'false news'. Make of that what you will.

I have listend to Fivelive since it started more years ago than I can remember. But in the last few years, and especially the last 18 or so months, it has become unlistenable to. It is so pro-islam, pro-EU, pr-feminist pumping out stuff that I simply cannot listen to anymore. I do wonder whether the job requirement for men is having their testicles removed.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I have listend to Fivelive since it started more years ago than I can remember. But in the last few years, and especially the last 18 or so months, it has become unlistenable to. It is so pro-islam, pro-EU, pr-feminist pumping out stuff that I simply cannot listen to anymore. I do wonder whether the job requirement for men is having their testicles removed.

I've stopped listening to, or watching, anything that portrays itself as news or current affairs. It's all gone the same way.  It's the sjw equivalent  to the old USSR reporting on tractor production. 

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

I've stopped listening to, or watching, anything that portrays itself as news or current affairs. It's all gone the same way.  It's the sjw equivalent  to the old USSR reporting on tractor production. 

Told you before. World service is more balanced.

Syria is a nasty civil war.

On one side is a despot, who stands for a relatively secular country.

On the other side stands Sunni muslim loons, who, if they win, will kill sll non Sunnis.

Pick yer side.

You need a despot, only strong rule is reluctantly accepted by the tribes and religeous factions. It's been this way for 1000's of years and 'democracy' or rather the illusion of it won't fix it. Sadam held a country together, Gadaffi held a country together, Assad held it together. The common theme here is the USA and to a lesser extent the Saudi's (who can also hold it together with lots of money but are no less despotic in the name of ****).

If there was no oil there the world would have truly been better for it.

Frickin loons.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

On the other side stands Sunni muslim loons, who, if they win, will kill sll non Sunnis.

Pick yer side.

I don't remember mentioning Syria?  

Anyhow, yes I do sometimes listen the the world service. It wobbles between excellent and interesting reporting to out and ane biased propaganda. It is very hit and miss.

my favourite at the moment is Steve Allen on the early morning slot of LBC. More camp than Christmas and quite  irreverent.

he's current got a thing about the death of George Michael which is a little disturbing which is a bit disconcerting.  

Over 200 civilians were kidnapped from Majdal and Kattab last week by rebel forces - were they kidnapped to be used in a false flag gas attack? And then there's the 'British' doctor (Shajul Islam) tweeting from the hospital - research the guy and it reveals some interesting stuff. And if this was Sarin then surely the white helmets who are wearing no protective gear would now also be dead. Whereas we all know others than just the government have chemical weapons such as chlorine gas.

Edit: Added doctors name - as he is being portrayed as a heroic medic by the MSM it's worth giving him a google.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I discovered Steve Allen about a year ago whe  LBC began broadcasting in my area. Very camp. Very funny. What is his George Michael beef?

He began with the cause of death and post-mortem. Then onto the family, inheritance, partner, shenanigans over the estate, the funeral, how he died alone, the way the family have treated the partner..... bit obsessive. But, he is very funny. And it's not all that propaganda carp that 'news' channels push down the throat.   

The anti Assad groups keep trying to pin gas attacks on the government. Some of those pictures from the alleged attack looked a bit staged as the "dead" were lying outside in the street in their underwear and didn't have that paler dead look.

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I discovered Steve Allen about a year ago whe  LBC began broadcasting in my area. Very camp. Very funny. What is his George Michael beef?

Another Steve Allen fan here. He is good easy company when the hound gets me up at 5am

1 minute ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Bloody rebels will be employing your thread killing skills! 😜

Not to worry, we will eventually wend our way back to the thread topic, as soon as there is another atrocity/controversy. One will be along soon. 

The attack is being presented as "fact" by the mainstream media. But they have no-one on the ground, the only "news" comes from rebel groups which, it has already been established, produce fake news.

Maybe it is Assad - but you still have to ask why do these attacks always occur when he is on a roll? It makes no sense.

12 hours ago, spygirl said:

Pick yer side.

Most concise explanation. Well done madam.

Is a chemical attack any worse than a conventional bomb? They both kill/ injure in their own way.

It's like when the media made a big deal about "barrel bombs". It's still a  bomb ffs, it doesn't matter if they made it themselves or bought one from the Americans.

Just now, Nosler said:

Is a chemical attack any worse than a conventional bomb? They both kill/ injure in their own way.

It's like when the media made a big deal about "barrel bombs". It's still a  bomb ffs, it doesn't matter if they made it themselves or bought one from the Americans.

I always felt the same about "Improvised Explosive Devices". Tell that to the guy trying to improvise his limbs back on.

17 minutes ago, davidg said:

The attack is being presented as "fact" by the mainstream media. But they have no-one on the ground, the only "news" comes from rebel groups which, it has already been established, produce fake news.

Maybe it is Assad - but you still have to ask why do these attacks always occur when he is on a roll? It makes no sense.

This time we have the Syrian government specifically stating that these chemicals were in the hands of the rebels. Totally irresponsible for other governments and media outlets to be stating rebel propaganda as fact before investigating both sides of the story. 

There should be a monthly news round up that re-runs news stories from past events and then reports on what the current understanding of the story is based upon findings from susbsuquent investigations. It would show the media for the shower-of-shit it really is. They have to be held accountable.

6 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

This time we have the Syrian government specifically stating that these chemicals were in the hands of the rebels. Totally irresponsible for other governments and media outlets to be stating rebel propaganda as fact before investigating both sides of the story. 

There should be a monthly news round up that re-runs news stories from past events and then reports on what the current understanding of the story is based upon findings from susbsuquent investigations. It would show the media for the shower-of-shit it really is. They have to be held accountable.

specially bearing in mind just who the rebels are...the ones planting bombs in our cities...one would have thought Assad would be the one receivng support as he has to cope with these loons en mass every day.

2 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Gas + kids == Obvious atrocity propaganda. It will work on its intended targets though. Always has, always will.

Indeed. The rebels are not rebels but terrorists, Al Nusra/Al Qaeda or one of their affiliates.

They have been using civilians at whim throughout the Syrian ''Civil'' War.

Only two days ago it was reported ISIS were also using human shields in Mosul

ISIS has found a new, deadly use for human shields in Mosul

ISIS seems to be arranging for residents in Mosul to be struck and killed by US-led coalition airstrikes, in order to boost civilian death counts and to create controversy around the coalition campaign.

The militant group has a long history of forcing civilians to serve as human shields — to ward off airstrikes. But in recent weeks ISIS has reportedly been placing Mosul residents at military locations, secretly, and then inviting airstrikes. 

Indeed the BBC even posted video of such activity.

The Russians have said The Syrian Air Force has destroyed a warehouse in Idlib province where chemical weapons were being produced and stockpiled before being shipped to Iraq, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman said.The strike, which was launched midday Tuesday, targeted a major rebel ammunition depot east of the town of Khan Sheikhoun, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Major-General Igor Konashenkov said in a statement.

Did the ''rebels'' force civilians into the area as shields? I would not be surprised.

All the jihadis in play in Syria have little or no respect for human life, muslim or no.