DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The absolute state of the UK property market.

swiss_democracy_for_all

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, CVG said:

Wouldn't someone come along, pay 800K for the plot, knock it down and build a beachside mansion?

It wouldn't surprise me if someone paid the full asking price and then did that. You only have to look at the house next door to see how much bigger you could make a new build property.

Seems these people got killed over parking, but look it how cramped in they are, bound to lead to conflict at some point.

Very sad as they had 2 young kids who were found with the dead bodies.

£250k for that slave box in Taunton where there is plenty of land, still at least the developers are coining it in, and no one pulls up planners for allowing such shite estates to be built.

image.png.84c4b75680ee95462ea87c512f69ef9d.png

image.png.170e8b4e07bde697551c7b44e5d4ecac.png

Bobthebuilder
21 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Have a look at that...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116733902#/?channel=RES_BUY

Unfinished house £1M in Milton Keynes.

My guess is the builder / homeowner, tried to re mortgage and bank said no. No windows, doors, bathroom or kitchen, so uninhabitable. Cash purchase only.

Some daft folk take on a large re-build on a two-year fix, and time just runs out.

47 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Seems these people got killed over parking, but look it how cramped in they are, bound to lead to conflict at some point.

£250k for that slave box in Taunton where there is plenty of land, still at least the developers are coining it in, and no one pulls up planners for allowing such shite estates to be built.

Seems fucking mad that it should come to that. But there is something about parking that makes people irate.

If the picture seems right I can bet it would be that they are 'sharing' a space, with the front car encroaching on the path and the back car take up some space on the road.

Going on Streetview there is only one parking space per house (not sure why they pixellated the numbers off when the street name already identifies it) with no real option for another car to go. 

Reckon rows must be really common there. Actually looking again those numbers were not done by the builders (as the other ones don't have it) so an amateur jobbie, so clearly things had to get bad for that.

56 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Surrounded by land, whilst  they are slaving away to pay a sub to the farmer who lives in a big fucking farmhouse.

HousePriceMania
3 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

My guess is the builder / homeowner, tried to re mortgage and bank said no. No windows, doors, bathroom or kitchen, so uninhabitable. Cash purchase only.

Some daft folk take on a large re-build on a two-year fix, and time just runs out.

It's 600K over priced !!!

3 hours ago, Boon said:

Seems fucking mad that it should come to that. But there is something about parking that makes people irate.

If the picture seems right I can bet it would be that they are 'sharing' a space, with the front car encroaching on the path and the back car take up some space on the road.

Going on Streetview there is only one parking space per house (not sure why they pixellated the numbers off when the street name already identifies it) with no real option for another car to go. 

Reckon rows must be really common there. Actually looking again those numbers were not done by the builders (as the other ones don't have it) so an amateur jobbie, so clearly things had to get bad for that.

Looks like blue car has come back home and found white car in their place, so blocked them in. How many lives destroyed over what to the rest of the world is a trivial matter.

Irony is the millions it'll cost to investigate, prosecute, jail, not to mention childcare etc could have enabled the builder to give the entire estate an extra parking space.

2 up 2 down terraces in early 20th century large city centres that were classed at slums had a similar amount of room, but post war council houses in Taunton would have had gardens and drive ways.

As the topic sums up this is the absolute state of the UK housing market.

HousePriceMania
47 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Looks like blue car has come back home and found white car in their place, so blocked them in. How many lives destroyed over what to the rest of the world is a trivial matter.

Irony is the millions it'll cost to investigate, prosecute, jail, not to mention childcare etc could have enabled the builder to give the entire estate an extra parking space.

2 up 2 down terraces in early 20th century large city centres that were classed at slums had a similar amount of room, but post war council houses in Taunton would have had gardens and drive ways.

A lot of Britain's ills now stem from the housing market.

3 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

A lot of Britain's ills now stem from the housing market.

Yes covid wouldnt have happened if house prices and the debt bubble were allowed to correct from 2008.

Thats communists for you!

5 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Shell basically but some idiot may be stupid enough to pick it up. 
probably looking at over 150k to finish that.

15 hours ago, Hancock said:

Actually I reckon it is the case that both houses had two cars:

image.png

The red one seems to be very shittily parked but that seems deliberate, if that household owns that horizontally parked black one as well, that seems to be a neat way of both of their cars being able to move. That option was not available to the victims so they had to 'share' a space.

In other estates you could create another space by parking across the dropped kerb but then whoever is in the drive needs that car to move so they can get out.

I can see this creating issues as if the blue car was more into the road even by a little bit that would narrow the space that the red car has to get out. That could be solved by the horizontal car moving forward a bit but then that affects the ability of the white car to get out. 

So no surprise that there was previous rows, probably had been simmering for ages.

If you have two cars why the fuck buy somewhere with insufficient parking? Both of these households would have known the deal.

20 minutes ago, Boon said:

Actually I reckon it is the case that both houses had two cars:

image.png

The red one seems to be very shittily parked but that seems deliberate, if that household owns that horizontally parked black one as well, that seems to be a neat way of both of their cars being able to move. That option was not available to the victims so they had to 'share' a space.

In other estates you could create another space by parking across the dropped kerb but then whoever is in the drive needs that car to move so they can get out.

I can see this creating issues as if the blue car was more into the road even by a little bit that would narrow the space that the red car has to get out. That could be solved by the horizontal car moving forward a bit but then that affects the ability of the white car to get out. 

So no surprise that there was previous rows, probably had been simmering for ages.

If you have two cars why the fuck buy somewhere with insufficient parking? Both of these households would have known the deal.

Irony is only the partner of the killer will be needing a parking space now!

In the DM its saying alleged killer is a squaddie with 2 kids ... cant imagine he'll be taking them out for a drive ever again, on the basis the dead were killed in their own home.

Thread on mumnet makes me chuckle a bit:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property/4410005--525k-mortgage-at-47

To be honest I think these types of people are not uncommon, work and earn good money, but the need to trade up effectively puts them 'all-in' to the property market. 

In this case we have a mid-40s couple earning £160k between them, still needing BOMAD to buy a place. 

It isn't really the buying property that is the problem but rather the allocation of their assets into it - 90%+ and making the assumptions that prices will continue to rise and interest rates will always be low. 

If an interest rate correction comes to fruition in the middle of the decade these type of people will be fucked.

14 minutes ago, Boon said:

If an interest rate correction comes to fruition in the middle of the decade these type of people will be fucked.

We've been saying that for 20 years though - and up to now it's never occurred. 

26 minutes ago, Boon said:

To be honest I think these types of people are not uncommon, work and earn good money, but the need to trade up effectively puts them 'all-in' to the property market. 

In this case we have a mid-40s couple earning £160k between them, still needing BOMAD to buy a place. 

It isn't really the buying property that is the problem but rather the allocation of their assets into it - 90%+ and making the assumptions that prices will continue to rise and interest rates will always be low. 

"Not sure what the definition of decent is.. I have about £65k pension at the moment, not sure what that translates to in later life."

He's screwed.

1 hour ago, Boon said:

They've about 100k equity in the BTL, and 100K in cash.

If they had a brain they'd use this to buy a house for £300k outside of London.

Thus having a 470PCM mortgage if fixed for 10 years at 2%.

These people seemingly have rich parents, so will be OK.

image.png.d751d4136ffe7f763c4aaae69b2b57c8.png

• 4 months later...

'Struggling to buy a home? How spending your cash on land that DOESN'T EXIST could get you on the property ladder sooner'

How land that DOESN'T EXIST may get you on the property ladder sooner https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10646217/Hottest-Australian-real-estate-real-estate-metaverse-virtual-property-boom-explodes.html?ito=native_share_article-top

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

'Struggling to buy a home? How spending your cash on land that DOESN'T EXIST could get you on the property ladder sooner'

How land that DOESN'T EXIST may get you on the property ladder sooner https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10646217/Hottest-Australian-real-estate-real-estate-metaverse-virtual-property-boom-explodes.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Holy shit. That has to be a spoof site, surely? Not only is this obviously insane, but it was tried and failed a generation ago ("second life"). Plus, the wide-eyed enthusiasm from the author about how this will make everyone rich, rather than make almost everyone poorer, is horrifying. There have been so many, "this has to be the peak of the madness!" moments over the last 15 years I can't summon the energy to frame the thought any more.

A local estate agent (well the vendor I guess) is looking for £140,000 for this studio flat in Norwich that you couldn't swing a cat in. 9_9 Cook, eat, watch TV and sleep in the same room. Utter shite!

1 of 5

studio flat in Norwich £140k

The building was built in 1990 as it was an office block belonging to Norwich Union / Aviva for many of those years. It says a lot when the main pictures are of the communal area and the gymnasium (which still appears to have the original office ceiling tiles!) and not many of the flat's interior. Not that the photographer would have been able to get much into the shot. xD 

10 hours ago, UmBongo said:

A local estate agent (well the vendor I guess) is looking for £140,000 for this studio flat in Norwich that you couldn't swing a cat in. 9_9 Cook, eat, watch TV and sleep in the same room. Utter shite!

1 of 5

The building was built in 1990 as it was an office block belonging to Norwich Union / Aviva for many of those years. It says a lot when the main pictures are of the communal area and the gymnasium (which still appears to have the original office ceiling tiles!) and not many of the flat's interior. Not that the photographer would have been able to get much into the shot. xD 

Looking at the floor plan is there even space for a double bed??

Madness.

HousePriceMania
14 hours ago, UmBongo said:

1 of 5

It's the torys master plan....make the FTB fork out top whack for a tiny house, this allows them to increase their own property "wealth" through the housing pyramid.

These sorts of slave units should be 0.5% x salary

On 04/04/2022 at 08:06, BurntBread said:

Holy shit. That has to be a spoof site, surely? Not only is this obviously insane, but it was tried and failed a generation ago ("second life"). Plus, the wide-eyed enthusiasm from the author about how this will make everyone rich, rather than make almost everyone poorer, is horrifying. There have been so many, "this has to be the peak of the madness!" moments over the last 15 years I can't summon the energy to frame the thought any more.

I don't understand any of it. Same with NFT's.

I guess I could scam people out of some money if I timed the market right and found a greater fool to sell to, but I'm not brave enough to do that and it's morally questionable.

These are all things that I'd class as completely un-necessary things that I want no involvement in anyway. I'm trying to spend less and less time in the 'virtual' world.

I think humanity would be better off if most of this stuff just vanished.

Archived