DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The absolute state of the UK property market.

swiss_democracy_for_all

Frank Hovis

Two bed cottage with vanishingly small garden Port Isaac.  £1.25m.

Apparently it was used for "Doc Martin", not that I ever watched more than five minutes of that with the ludicrous accents, ideal for lunatic fans or people who think that they can make money letting it out to lunatic fans.

Also great if you like people peering through your windows and having their photograph taken outside it.

624586f64c587_Fern-Cottage-7-website.jpg

https://johnbrayestates.co.uk/properties-for-sale/fern-cottage-cottage-port-isaac-north-cornwall-5144/

One and a quarter million giphy.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yadda yadda yadda
7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Apparently it was used for "Doc Martin", not that I ever watched more than five minutes of that with the ludicrous accents, ideal for lunatic fans or people who think that they can make money letting it out to lunatic fans.

Also great if you like people peering through your windows and having their photograph taken outside it.

https://johnbrayestates.co.uk/properties-for-sale/fern-cottage-cottage-port-isaac-north-cornwall-5144/

"Viewings strictly by appointment on changeover days".  Must be a holiday let and probably makes loads of money from fans of the series.

Nice enough but small house. Excellent views. They appear to have placed a 1 at the beginning of the price in error. Or would have if it wasn't for the TV connection. 

With a crooked smile
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Lovely part of the world. We regularly stayed at Port Gaverne as kids and would walk into Port Issac when on holiday. Worryingly when I looked at few years back Port Gaverne was even more expensive. Its north Cornwall too so faster to reach if you are going on holiday from SE than say Penzance.

• 3 weeks later...

Pas ex burd just moved into her brand new Persimmon house. £250k for a tiny 3 bedroom where you will be lucky to fit a bed in any of the rooms. Well outside Edinburgh. 

Washed her hands in the upstairs bathroom. Went downstairs and water pouring through the ceiling. 

Project manager bloke said to her - I work here but I would even by a Barrets home over a Persimmon. :Jumping:

That's the level of shitty housing we have in the UK. Scandalous. 

5 hours ago, ccc said:

Pas ex burd just moved into her brand new Persimmon house. £250k for a tiny 3 bedroom where you will be lucky to fit a bed in any of the rooms. Well outside Edinburgh. 

Washed her hands in the upstairs bathroom. Went downstairs and water pouring through the ceiling. 

Project manager bloke said to her - I work here but I would even by a Barrets home over a Persimmon. :Jumping:

That's the level of shitty housing we have in the UK. Scandalous. 

He would be high on coke and an absolute tosser as most are. They have electric cars and don't give a f**k. 

How to *try* and make around £40k by creating an extra bedroom out of what was originally a 2 bedroomed council flat...

Exhibit 1:

2 bedroomed 2nd floor flat at Golding Place, Norwich, asking price £150k.

Photo

Exhibit 2:

3 bedroomed ground floor flat at Golding Place, Norwich. Asking price £190k.

1.jpg

To create the 3rd bedroom a builder has erected a wall in the middle of the otherwise spacious living room. That leaves a pokey living room. 9_9 FFS, does the wall and the extra door give a higher value of £30-40k?

There is also a shower cubicle in place of a bath, which is a deal breaker for me. ¬¬ I shower mostly but I do like my Sunday evening baths. :$

That's just how it goes. 

At least there are some bricks, lets face it, in the past decade people have been getting £30k+ for just a coat of paint and some carpets.

However for a lot of places I have seen (in London) it appears that this magic trick is at an end once you factor all the costs of buying and selling.

Don Coglione
1 minute ago, Boon said:

That's just how it goes. 

At least there are some bricks, lets face it, in the past decade people have been getting £30k+ for just a coat of paint and some carpets.

However for a lot of places I have seen (in London) it appears that this magic trick is at an end once you factor all the costs of buying and selling.

I doubt there are any bricks! Just timber battens and plasterboard.

53sq.m and 3 bedrooms - my old 1 bed rental was bigger than that. Imagine a family of four in there.

Just smacks of greed.

I don't actually have anything against the design - the lounges and bedrooms with the big windows would be OK, but it is way more suitable for social housing. 

The large communal spaces in the centre of the building could house the council services they will need, and also the large security presence required. Stick a supermarket on the lower floor and they have all they need.

Of course it is a depressing shithole but then again social housing should be so, to encourage people to better their lot and go somewhere else.

Yadda yadda yadda
29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Norman Stanley Dosbods, you are an habitual renter who accepts shoebox-sized flats as an occupational hazard and presumably accepts living in a prison in the same casual manner.

Ronnie-Barker-is-Norman-Stanley-Fletcher

Nice....

NINTCHDBPICT000730533778.jpg?w=960

Nice...

NINTCHDBPICT000730533774.jpg?w=960

£575 per month.  That's you paying them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/18455345/trendy-block-of-flats-look-like-prison-inside/

Plenty of space for a table tennis or pool table on each of the communal landings. They ought to have netting across the, er, atrium to stop people being pushed or jumping to their deaths.

What is that in the top corner of the bedroom? Looks like it could be the electric trip switches but bizarre location and too many for a small flat.

Most shocking thing is the price. £575 for that in Preston!

JoeDavola
4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Norman Stanley Dosbods, you are an habitual renter who accepts shoebox-sized flats as an occupational hazard and presumably accepts living in a prison in the same casual manner.

Ronnie-Barker-is-Norman-Stanley-Fletcher

Nice....

NINTCHDBPICT000730533778.jpg?w=960

Nice...

NINTCHDBPICT000730533774.jpg?w=960

£575 per month.  That's you paying them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/18455345/trendy-block-of-flats-look-like-prison-inside/

The communal areas are horrific don't get me wrong, but £575 for a 2 bed flat sounds quite cheap to me.

I notice they don't show you the living room - it may actually be quite spacious, with larger windows since it's a converted building.

@spunkoloses, @The Masked Tulip wins 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/kent-rents-are-unaffordable-were-moving-to-wales-266398/

"Overall I love Maidstone, but I just can't afford to live here," she said.

Miss Parnham says a friend who found herself in a similar situation moved to a town in Wales - so she has decided to follow suit, successfully applying for a council house."

49 minutes ago, Herby said:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/kent-rents-are-unaffordable-were-moving-to-wales-266398/

Miss Parnham says a friend who found herself in a similar situation moved to a town in Wales - so she has decided to follow suit, successfully applying for a council house."

Conservative Craig Mackinlay says a "new-town" could be the answer to Kent's housing problems.

Like Ashford did so well? These people should be strung up.

2 hours ago, Herby said:

"It's just impossible to aspire - as a single parent working full-time - to have any quality of life outside of paying rent," the 34-year-old told KentOnline

Miss Parnham, who works as a cover teacher and has always lived in Kent, says she has looked "everywhere" in the local area for alternative accommodation

After making the life-changing decision, Miss Parnham broke the news to her children - Alex ,12, Ellie, 11, and Kaitlynn, eight

Knocked up 20/21. Last kid popped out at 26.

One, Id doubt she works FT.

Two, she wont we paying the rent,  UC is.

Rentrification n high immigration writ large -

• catboy77 wrote:
    01/05/2022 18:51
    Having lived grown up worked bought our property in kent (Folkestone) all my life its now time to leave. going to head west to somerset! the streets are clean,house prices are well :acceptable
    Folkestone now has become a renter's paradise, The streets are filthy with litter dog poo and mattres's & white goods (not just on the street but in the roads too!!) **** wages, young are forced to live in those HMO'S (Houses of multiple occupation!!!) (Grand seafront apartments for the rich ) wannabe gangstas roam the streets at night in bmw's and clapped out old mercs, dinghy's wash up daily on the beach, Psychopathic cops are killing young women, economic migrants burn down the local garrison barracks, TIME TO GO does anyone else see this or is it just me??

29 minutes ago, spygirl said:

"It's just impossible to aspire - as a single parent working full-time - to have any quality of life outside of paying rent," the 34-year-old told KentOnline

Miss Parnham, who works as a cover teacher and has always lived in Kent, says she has looked "everywhere" in the local area for alternative accommodation

After making the life-changing decision, Miss Parnham broke the news to her children - Alex ,12, Ellie, 11, and Kaitlynn, eight

Knocked up 20/21. Last kid popped out at 26.

One, Id doubt she works FT.

Two, she wont we paying the rent,  UC is.

Think she's prob maxing the bennies for her 'autistic son'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-8-stuns-mum-after-11869072

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

Think she's prob maxing the bennies for her 'autistic son'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boy-8-stuns-mum-after-11869072

Kayleigh Parnham, 30, is a wonderful Mum-to-three. She is also 20 weeks pregnant with her fourth child, speaking how it is ‘heartbreaking’ knowing that she is continuing her pregnancy against her doctor’s advice all so she can legally register her child.

https://www.bumpbabyandyou.co.uk/baby/brave-mum-continues-pregnancy-given-news-dread/

Maidstone: Kayleigh Parnham faces long wait for autistic diagnosis of son Alex Watson

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/mums-agonising-wait-for-sons-autism-diagnosis-122550/

Police hunt thug who punched and kicked autistic grandmother – before stealing £11

A VULNERABLE pensioner who has been diagnosed with autism was beaten to the ground and robbed by a hooded thug - who made off with just £11

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/961246/police-thug-robbery-leslie-wilson-grandmother-robber-mugger-autistic-autism-pensioner

Kayleigh Parnham, who has a daughter with Mrs Wilson's son, said: "When she was walking home somebody tapped her on her back. They took her bag and hit her.

Mother’s campaign for birth certificates for miscarried babies

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/08/mothers-campaign-birth-certificates-miscarried-babies-7297363/

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/04/2022 at 11:28, UmBongo said:

How to *try* and make around £40k by creating an extra bedroom out of what was originally a 2 bedroomed council flat...

Exhibit 1:

Photo

Exhibit 2:

1.jpg

To create the 3rd bedroom a builder has erected a wall in the middle of the otherwise spacious living room. That leaves a pokey living room. 9_9 FFS, does the wall and the extra door give a higher value of £30-40k?

There is also a shower cubicle in place of a bath, which is a deal breaker for me. ¬¬ I shower mostly but I do like my Sunday evening baths. :$

Wooden floor, high density block.

"I know. I'll get a piano"

Think what the daily racket must be like in revenge. 

13463_37159_FMN2459_IMG_04_0001.jpeg

On 30/04/2022 at 11:28, UmBongo said:

Exhibit 1:

Photo

Exhibit 2:

1.jpg

And it's sold. It's plainly due to LHA being based on number of beds with no minimum room sizes.

Archived