DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

the worlds first open monetary network is dematerializing all exisiting monetary networks

nirvana

Covid19 and life to go

I guess fiat will only be effed when the mentality isn't to convert crypto back to fiat but just to some other crypto currency.

I'll admit that if my crypto holdings could make me a fiat millionaire I'd be cashing out.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Bricks & Mortar

I'll pass.

No way do I want to become financially dependent on a social media provider that deletes anyone who doesn't share their worldview.  

When I think of the sort of places I want to send a little cash... I don't think Twitter would approve of them all... in fact, many of them have been dumped off the platform already

Interesting tech.  Replace Twitter with something that's open to all, regardless of politics and worldview, and I'd be interested.

Edited by Bricks & Mortar
  • Agree 3

goldbug9999
2 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

I'll pass.

No way do I want to become financially dependent on a social media provider that deletes anyone who doesn't share their worldview.  

Your ability to send money over bitcoin/lightning isn't dependent on twitter, twitter just makes the process a little more convenient.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, maynardgravy said:

Western Union move:

Gun to Hoodie's head: Bang!

that's when you know the system and the bankers wankers who control it have you beat...

A tremendous # on the lung

Chicago looks nice at that level xD

Not sure what I'm missing, but that doesn't seem very revolutionary? How did he get the dollars into his Twitter account in the 1st place?

goldbug9999

So heres my understanding of whats going on ...

The simplest case is vanilla bitcoin/lighting:

User A bitcoin in lightning wallet -> lightning ->  User B bitcoin in lightning wallet

What Strike does is transfer fiat between its bank accounts in different countries using lightning instead of an international bank transfer, this is analogous to the way skype can do local rate international phone calls - it uses the internet for the hitherto expensive cross border part:

User A [$ in Strikes account with bank X USA] -> lightning -> User B [yen in Strikes account in bank Y in Japan]

AFAIK strike supports both use cases and allows mixing so essentially can do lightning -> lightning, lighting -> fiat and vice versa, essentially a strike account is a combined fiat account and lightning wallet.

I think all that twitter is bringing to table is being able to send money to someone over strike using the twitter handle as the recipient Id and with that capability accessed directly from the twitter page without having to separately fire up strike (although you do need a linked strike account).  I guess its analogous to how paypal allow people to designate recipients using email addresses.

I'm less clear on the twitter/lightning relationship I'm not sure if you can do lightning -> lightning using twitter but without strike.

Anyway AFAIK twitter does not hold your money or bitcoin at any point.

Edited by goldbug9999
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Cometh the hour cometh the man ...

yup, it's the plebs vs the bankers........sadly most cnuts would rather support the bankers and their mates in the government....

scary thing change eh? don't be afraid, come into the brave new world of thinking for yourself and not being under the thumb of a load o control freaks

sheeple bah!

Edited by nirvana
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
goldbug9999
On 24/09/2021 at 09:41, Covid19 and life to go said:

I'll admit that if my crypto holdings could make me a fiat millionaire I'd be cashing out.

Yeah thats what a lot of people say, the problem is that if you are pre disposed to "cashing out" then most likely you would never get anywhere close to a £1 million crypto holding in the first place having been tempted to cash out at 10k or 50k or 100k etc.

• Agree 1

Green Devil
On 24/09/2021 at 09:42, Bricks & Mortar said:

I'll pass.

When I think of the sort of places I want to send a little cash... I don't think Twitter would approve of them all... in fact, many of them have been dumped off the platform already

Interesting tech.  Replace Twitter with something that's open to all, regardless of politics and worldview, and I'd be interested.

Something that is open to all regardless of politics and world view will never be adopted by the west. Sorry. You should know that from posting on here.

The next best thing is to have one of the platforms ie Faceache, Twatter to adopt bitcoin or lightning (which is whats happened).