• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

The 'C' word...

Well it is now mid September so probably the time it is used in many households.

Started in mine today.

Christmas.

Who is hosting. Who is coming. Who isn't. 

So just three months of (almost) argument before the big day.

Feck.

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

I'm looking forward to my Xmas Market trip, i've settled on Molenbeek Karrveld Castle, just a short hop on the Metro from Brussels airport. 

Is this the start of you organising a dosbods outing?  

10 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Probably hosting the mother in law for the first time this year. Himself finally shuffled off this year and compromises must be made. It will be difficult as I'm not her cup of tea, to say the least.....

I have often declared myself "not a cup of tea". People think I have been taking drugs

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

Dosbods Xmas Market trip? 

sounds like a laugh, cheap as chips at the moment these market trips! 

@spunko2010 will need to get working on the bumper stickers. We could then wear them on our lapels or forehead so that we could recognise each other and also be returned if we got lost. 

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

Oh God...now I feel really depressed.  I fucking hate Christmas....I enjoy the day but the build up is sheer torture. 

I'm gonna fuck off to Australia for Christmas....I really can't cope with it any more.

Just do Amazon. Simples. 

17 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I'm looking forward to my Xmas Market trip, i've settled on Molenbeek Karrveld Castle, just a short hop on the Metro from Brussels airport. 

Molenbeek! There would be dosbodonians running shouting "I'm fucking dosbods" left right and centre over there. I suggest Edinburgh as a safer alternative!

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

Oh God...now I feel really depressed.  I fucking hate Christmas....I enjoy the day but the build up is sheer torture. 

I'm gonna fuck off to Australia for Christmas....I really can't cope with it any more.

You can have festive latkas and chicken soup on the beach.

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Santa won't have any presents in his sack for me as usual but I'm fine about that! I like the really nice family dinner but that's all.

Thankfully no kids around me now so I don't have to do Halloween either. It's as bad as Xmas these days. I know a few people who put Halloween decorations up inside and outside their houses.

I'd be tempted to put a nice jack o lantern in my window if I got bothered by guisers

IMG_0001.JPG

Brilliant EE!

I love Christmas though.

🎅 🎄 📦 🍾 🍊 🎁 

I never get bothered by halloweeners. It's possibly because I am a rotten bastard, that scares  kids and parents. I will also answer the door naked, and shout about Jesus a lot.O.o

I hate Christmas. I am by myself. The weeks running into Christmas are bloody painful for people like me - there are millions of us in the UK alone.

It is supposed to be one big happy family time where everyone is jolly and happy. I find it the most painful time of the year. I am not the only one I suspect.

In a few weeks I will start to get the usual - people asking me what I am doing? What I am planning. Hearing people talking about presents - in fact, it happened last Saturday for the first time this year.

Nope, I hate it.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I hate Christmas. I am by myself. The weeks running into Christmas are bloody painful for people like me - there are millions of us in the UK alone.

It is supposed to be one big happy family time where everyone is jolly and happy. I find it the most painful time of the year. I am not the only one I suspect.

In a few weeks I will start to get the usual - people asking me what I am doing? What I am planning. Hearing people talking about presents - in fact, it happened last Saturday for the first time this year.

Nope, I hate it.

Why not either bugger off somewhere non-Christmassy and warm, or do a turn with the Sally Army or similar down the soup kitchens if the alternative is mizzing about it?

Just now, swissy_fit said:

Why not either bugger off somewhere non-Christmassy and warm, or do a turn with the Sally Army or similar down the soup kitchens if the alternative is mizzing about it?

That has been the plan for years but health makes me anxious about going. Would like to go to Yemen, sit in the desert and watch the sunsets. I am one of these mad British people who likes the deserts. Well, a day at beach anyhow.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Or convert to Islam then you don't need to worry at all.  A readymade excuse. :)

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Nope, I hate it.

It's true that Xmas is a terrible time for many people who are on their own. IMO it turns out to be a terrible or disappointing day even for many people who have plans and made arrangements for the day.

Expectations run high with all the hype etc that starts from now and often the day doesn't turn out as hoped for. I've often read that after Xmas is a boom time for lawyers regarding divorce.