DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Furlough ends soon

sarahbell

Who the fuck is still on furlough?

The stories I've heard from those on furlough last year is that work is busier than ever as they've streamlined the number of people employed. In some cases only keeping those who worked.

It seemed that way from Wetherspoons earlier.

One burd running the show. Still got my two pints of Maxim in and a Freedom Breakfast + two extra rashers.

A Sunday morning pint with the breakfast is every clown's birthright..

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 4

assetrichcashpoor
1 hour ago, Stuey said:

It seemed that way from Wetherspoons earlier.

One burd running the show. Still got my two pints of Maxim in and a Freedom Breakfast + two extra rashers.

A Sunday morning pint with the breakfast is every clown's birthright..

I think with people ordering using the app they can cut down on the number of bar staff. I went to one in August and one of the people I was with ordered by app rather than walk up to the bar. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

The stories I've heard from those on furlough last year is that work is busier than ever as they've streamlined the number of people employed. In some cases only keeping those who worked.

Every case of furlough in my personal life was fraud. Every one.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

Furlough helped those most affected by societal lockdown.  Ie, bar-staff, shop workers, etc.

The problem we'll have is the impact in those industries impacted by covid itself.

But these are two different industries.  We've saved the casual labour end of the market that is easy to 'restart', but we'll see longer term impacts in those sectors that require investment to restart.  I'm not sure how this'll work out.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

In some cases only keeping those who worked.

Bit discriminatory mate.

• Agree 2
  • Bogged 1

mattydread
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I'm not.

One thing I've noticed over the years on here is you've gone & got yourself a right potty mouth! :D

Keep it up!

Edited by mattydread
Speeling

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Bit discriminatory mate.

:-D
Originally the one person I was talking to was miffed he was working whilst people were on furlough. He didn't like the fact that they reduced numbers so much though and found a different job.

1 hour ago, mattydread said:

I'm not.

One thing I've noticed over the years on here is you've gone & got yourself a right potty mouth! :D

Keep it up!

I normally have allotment Tourette's. Sometimes it blends with a bit of "I've watched the News Tourettes'" 

Edited by sarahbell
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Any family employee?

Do you think there have been any checks on people on furlough have been working? Loadsamoney to be made from that fraud. Especially if you have a cash business and can top up off the record. Like the minicab I had to get, when some bastard crashed into a railway bridge and broke the line, that was cash only.

Edited by Yadda yadda yadda

belfastchild

Just over half the people Ive spoken to who were put on furlough were in the hospitality/tourism industry here. Many students/retirees on occasional hours contracts, never once in history making the full number of hours in their contract.
Furlough, on the other hand was paid for the full part of the contract, well the government was paying them, wasnt that nice of their employer (about 40% of those being the government itself).

Most of the rest were being sacked and they didnt know it, companies were seeing if they could get by without them. Mate of mine was pissed off that the useless ones were being furloughed and he wasnt. You could almost see the lightbulb switch on...

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Wight Flight
5 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Do you think there have been any checks on people on furlough have been working? Loadsamoney to be made from that fraud. Especially if you have a cash business and can top up off the record. Like the minicab I had to get, when some bastard crashed into a railway bridge and broke the line, that was cash only.

None at all.

But it the government close down your business I don't blame anyone for getting something back.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

None at all.

But it the government close down your business I don't blame anyone for getting something back.

Although in my cases the businesses has never done better.

Wight Flight
3 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Although in my cases the businesses has never done better.

There were always going to be winners and losers.

Sadly at the moment I am on the wrong side of the equation.

It has happened before, and will no doubt happen again, and one day I will be on the winning side.

• Love 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Wight Flight said:

There were always going to be winners and losers.

Sadly at the moment I am on the wrong side of the equation.

It has happened before, and will no doubt happen again, and one day I will be on the winning side.

You will. You have tenacity.

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
19 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

unfortunately, he's on tena island

Possibly the worst pun in weeks.

But well done for trying. 😁😁

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

The people who did up our place last summer were all on furlough they even came back from Poland to do the work.

• Lol 6

Bricks & Mortar
12 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Me!

I'm like an employee, who also manages the business.  So, I'm taking this fortnight off as last chance for a holiday on the government coin.

Yeah, we're extremely busy, and after this, I'm booked up to next summer.

PS - due to taking unpaid leave in Feb '20, i missed out on furlough for the actual period we were required by Herr Sturgeon to be closed.  So, like 12 weeks unpaid for me.  
I don't feel bad at all about taking the piss a wee bit now.

Edited by Bricks & Mortar
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2

WorkingPoor

900,000 still on furlough and hanging on till dear death.

These will be the real dregs 

The scummers

The fraudsters

& people who should have never have been allowed to touch the hallowed soil of Blighty.

Bring on the fuken rinse. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Lol 1

InLikeFlynn
On 26/09/2021 at 13:12, Wight Flight said:

Any family employee?

This

Not sure what the rules are regarding furloughing employees but I bet they aren't enforced. I can think of several scenarios where small family companies employ family members (farms, BTL landlords, self employed consultants trading through shell companies etc.). Is there anything to stop them furloughing family members who then continue to work discreetly?

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

This

Not sure what the rules are regarding furloughing employees but I bet they aren't enforced. I can think of several scenarios where small family companies employ family members (farms, BTL landlords, self employed consultants trading through shell companies etc.). Is there anything to stop them furloughing family members who then continue to work discreetly?

A lot of family businesses have various relatives on the payroll doing made up jobs.

It is very easy to furlough someone that didn't actually do anything in the first place.

• Agree 1