• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

The Ryanair Debacle

So, I actually don't give a shit that loads of people have had their holidays ruined and lives disrupted - what the fuck did the expect when they gave their money to a bunch of cunts like Ryanair? What really boils my piss is that, by giving custom to the thieving lying arsewipes over so many years, they've collectively forced all the half-decent airlines to lower their standards to similar levels. I don't want to save 10 quid on an airline ticket, I want to be sure - weather and bolshie French ATCOs allowed for - that the airline will get me where I need to go and provide some reasonable level of backup if something goes wrong. Twats.

13 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

So, I actually don't give a shit that loads of people have had their holidays ruined and lives disrupted - what the fuck did the expect when they gave their money to a bunch of cunts like Ryanair? What really boils my piss is that, by giving custom to the thieving lying arsewipes over so many years, they've collectively forced all the half-decent airlines to lower their standards to similar levels. I don't want to save 10 quid on an airline ticket, I want to be sure - weather and bolshie French ATCOs allowed for - that the airline will get me where I need to go and provide some reasonable level of backup if something goes wrong. Twats.

You are not wrong. I flew with BA earlier this year. They've stripped down their service and because so many people now opt to carry on luggage only the fecking plane was late as they didn't have sufficient room in the overhead lockers so had to move stuff to the hold. I was flying Club on that flight so just had another glass of champagne to while away the time but the chap sitting next to me was getting very angry as he had a connecting flight and was going to miss it. Piss off your business passengers enough (and BA have already done quite a bit of that) and you can kiss goodbye to your profits.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Word on the street is that they have lost 140 polots to another airline, a norwegion one and dont have enough spares ones to cover the remaining pilots leave.

Says a lot about the whole operation.

Only memorable thing I heard on the radio was they they changed holiday entitlements and that cause a a blip in the scheduling, that was a few days ago. How to you lose that many pilots though, you would have thought somebody would have raised the flag and tried to plug the dam at some point. I suppose just would have been too expensive as a sweetener would have been across the board. 

The only credit I can give is the founder was totally open, honest, and apologetic on the radio and didn't try to blame circumstances, third parties, or IT glitches as so many do.

I've not flow Ryanair and haven't been tempted to do so; I can't stand being cramped and uncomfortable.

The current situation is an embarrassment 

However in general budget airlines have been great 

In 1991 I flew from Belfast to London with BA , it cost £199 and at those level of fairs BA lost money on the route for years and eventually stopped flying it 

Easyjet and Ryanair offer cheap, generally on time flights on a young fleet, we use them regularly and have never had a problem 

I've flown Ryanair they charged me for not printing out my ticket something like 100 euro I think.

I was non compos mentis as I was returning from my mums marathon funeral in Ireland.

I didn't bother to complain, they are seasoned cunts

54 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

You are not wrong. I flew with BA earlier this year. They've stripped down their service and because so many people now opt to carry on luggage only the fecking plane was late as they didn't have sufficient room in the overhead lockers so had to move stuff to the hold. I was flying Club on that flight so just had another glass of champagne to while away the time but the chap sitting next to me was getting very angry as he had a connecting flight and was going to miss it. Piss off your business passengers enough (and BA have already done quite a bit of that) and you can kiss goodbye to your profits.

It's what happens when you put the ex-head of Vueling as CEO. 

No more complimentary food and drink in economy (some statement about paying giving customers more choice). 

BA are fast becoming another no frills airline, but the Lidls and Aldis of the market will eat them for breakfast. 

Just now, JackieO said:

I've flown Ryanair they charged me for not printing out my ticket something like 100 euro I think.

I was non compos mentis as I was returning from my mums marathon funeral in Ireland.

I didn't bother to complain, they are seasoned cunts

I've vowed never to fly Whizz again after they charged me £60 to check my hand luggage which dimensionally was fine but didn't fit the smaller luggage checker. 

It was like speeding fines. I'm sure the workers were on commission and had a quota to meet. 

Jet2 charges you a fee to guarantee that your hand luggage stays in the cabin. 

An industry of shysters. 

3 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

It's what happens when you put the ex-head of Vueling as CEO. 

No more complimentary food and drink in economy (some statement about paying giving customers more choice). 

BA are fast becoming another no frills airline, but the Lidls and Aldis of the market will eat them for breakfast. 

I thought BA had zero chance of competing because of crippling pension commitments from its glory days that will eventually bring it down.

Edit: looked it up. £2.8bn which they are paying £300m a year to bring down.  Those are big numbers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/26/british-airways-agrees-new-deal-to-close-28bn-pension-gap-by-202/

Edited by Frank Hovis

I've always had good flights with Ryanair, better than Easyjet who IMO never let any fresh air into their flights so you sit in a fug of airborne viruses and bacteria and contract something horrible unless you are wearing an Ebola suit.

But then, they've always been flying alone, I've booked early and paid a few quid more for the extra room seats. So nice and easy circs, it's when the plane is full and on a very tight schedule that you get the real feel for an airline.

Ryanair may be cheap but they are cheap for a very good reason. That reason is that they are a shower of utter shit, a boil on the arse of the aviation industry run by an air-pikey who'll do anything to save a buck. I wouldn't use them if they were free, on general principle.

I had a mate and his wife who flew to Italy with them, the day before they were due to fly back they received a text telling them their flight was cancelled, the next one was in a week and a half and, well, fuck you for good measure. They had an absolute nighmare getting back home and Ryanair gave precisely zero fucks.

They may be cheap but putting your holiday in the hands of these bozos and then moaning when it goes tits-up is like buying some bit of kit from poundland and being outraged when it breaks after a day.

You get what you pay for.

19 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Ryanair may be cheap but they are cheap for a very good reason. That reason is that they are a shower of utter shit, a boil on the arse of the aviation industry run by an air-pikey who'll do anything to save a buck. I wouldn't use them if they were free, on general principle.

I had a mate and his wife who flew to Italy with them, the day before they were due to fly back they received a text telling them their flight was cancelled, the next one was in a week and a half and, well, fuck you for good measure. They had an absolute nighmare getting back home and Ryanair gave precisely zero fucks.

They may be cheap but putting your holiday in the hands of these bozos and then moaning when it goes tits-up is like buying some bit of kit from poundland and being outraged when it breaks after a day.

You get what you pay for.

Ryanair is fine, so long as you don't have to get to your destination anywhere close to the scheduled hour (or day); don't mind being deposited at some grass strip airfield 100 miles away from advertised destination; are fine with doing a Le Mans style sprint to get a seat; and can put up with drunk hen parties waving giant inflatable dicks in your face.

Otherwise, book a reputable airline.

"Air-pikey" brilliant!

Great news as we are all progressive - less global warming!

Shame on all of you frequent fliers - no better than N#zis! Lives matter!

(not taken a flight in 5 years)

I'm better than you (there I've done my virtue signalling).

Edited by 201p

6 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Word on the street is that they have lost 140 polots to another airline, a norwegion one and dont have enough spares ones to cover the remaining pilots leave.

Says a lot about the whole operation.

Yup.   Sounds about right.

No pilots like Ryanair.

I've worked in the industry (a bit ,not a lot), and wouldn't fly Ryanair.  (eg, I would fly Whizz if I had to).

4 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Ryanair is fine, so long as you don't have to get to your destination anywhere close to the scheduled hour (or day); don't mind being deposited at some grass strip airfield 100 miles away from advertised destination; are fine with doing a Le Mans style sprint to get a seat; and can put up with drunk hen parties waving giant inflatable dicks in your face.

Otherwise, book a reputable airline.

"Air-pikey" brilliant!

I have always wondered when reading about their odd selection of airports, if any unsuspecting passenger has ever ended up further away from their target destination than when they started their journey as a result of a Ryanair flight.

I've only flown Ryanair a couple of times but they were OK. I love Easyjet though, I usually fly with them at least a couple of times a year and very rarely have anything to complain about, especially since they started allocating seats instead of you having to try and rush onto the plane. Personally I don't give a stuff where I'm sitting, but I'm usually flying with my wife and inlaws, who like to sit together for some reason, so we used to have to hustle on the plane. Now I try and get on close to last, if possible.

Hand baggage is starting to become a pain in the arse, though. For years I've had a little suitcase (now close to worn out) that's the size they guarantee to get on the plane; but since they started charging for checked in luggage it seems that 90% of other idiots go for something that's barely smaller than a regular suitcase, and stuff it as full as they can manage. They clearly state in their terms and conditions that those big cases might have to go in the hold on full flights, but people won't have it. What could they possibly have in there that they can't do without for three hours? Just put your kindle and ipod in your pocket and let them put your bag in the hold, you arseholes. Our plane back from Spain in May was delayed because of problems loading an earlier flight, and it took ages to get everyone tucked in to ours as well, with various people near me in the queue moaning like fuck about being separated from their bag. I handed over my small case with a smile, safe in the knowledge that it wouldn't be impinging on my legroom if there was no space in the overhead locker, and that it would almost certainly be waiting for me by the time I'd walked the mile and a half between the gate and Gatwick immigration control, and waited in the queue there.

I am a properly tight bastard, to be fair, so I'll put up with a lot of crap to save a bit of money. Budget airlines would have to get a lot worse before I'd be put off flying them.

Seems that American Air now has a similar problem. Makes you wonder.

A computer error means millions of Americans may be stranded over the coming holidays as some 15,000 American Air flights in the second half of December have no pilots assigned, Reuters reported with the Allied Pilots Association labor union explaining that a "glitch" in the system that bids for pilots’ time off based on seniority is behind the shortage . In total the group estimated that more than 15,000 flights from Dec. 17-31 - a critical holiday travel period - will be affected.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-29/christmas-crisis-15000-american-air-flights-without-pilots-over-holidays-due-glitch

It is plainly obvious to me that these companies are operating so close to the bone to make a profit that the slightest fuck-up causes chaos.

They have obviously been listening to some planning wizard who has told them they can save money by playing around with the rosters and leave.

No doubt whoever thought up the wheeze was handsomely rewarded for his brilliance and may have well scarpered before the shit hit the fan.