DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Is anyone buying Oil Shares today ? 

If oil stays where it is or keep rising does the FED tighten and/or raise interest rates quicker.

Does it mean price of metals falls as people consume less, or that they rise as it costs more to produce/mine them.

Surely this wasn't part of the CB's cunning plan.

Yadda yadda yadda
13 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Is anyone buying Oil Shares today ? 

No, little nibble at Vodafone with oil divvies instead. They seem relatively undervalued.

Just sold 250 of XOM at a 100% profit.  Why?

Well, as someone said, you never go broke taking profits.  Plus... I told you I have been watching for the possible signs of a ADE/winter vaccine failure, and here we go:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MRNA

down 7% on the day as I write.  down a lot more from 5 days ago.  Something has spooked them. Wish I knew insider selling data.

Pfizer - similar drop since last week. 3% today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PFE?p=PFE&.tsrc=fin-srch

DYOR research, etc.  But.... 

I am sure this winter is going to be a shitshow in the west, and if so it could start the BK.  At the least, if lockdowns and the rest are slammed back on in the UK, it's going to shake the oilies.

I'll happily by XOM back in at 50, if it ever comes.

Holding onto Bp and Shell.

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

Well, as someone said, you never go broke taking profits.  Plus... I told you I have been watching for the possible signs of a ADE/winter vaccine failure, and here we go:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MRNA

down 7% on the day as I write.  down a lot more from 5 days ago.  Something has spooked them. Wish I knew insider selling data.

Pfizer - similar drop since last week. 3% today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PFE?p=PFE&.tsrc=fin-srch

DYOR research, etc.  But.... 

I am sure this winter is going to be a shitshow in the west, and if so it could start the BK.  At the least, if lockdowns and the rest are slammed back on in the UK, it's going to shake the oilies.

I'll happily by XOM back in at 50, if it ever comes.

Holding onto Bp and Shell.

Shell share price, I did buy some this morning, are at 1998 prices.

I'll keep these for retirement now. The BKK is too hard to time and energy companies are clearly going to be a big winners in the post BKK world.

2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Shell share price, I did buy some this morning, are at 1998 prices.

I'll keep these for retirement now. The BKK is too hard to time and energy companies are clearly going to be a big winners in the post BKK world.

you could well be right.  I just would hate to be sitting here come jan, with oilies back down in the 40's due to ADE apocalyse, thinking what if.

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

you could well be right.  I just would hate to be sitting here come jan, with oilies back down in the 40's due to ADE apocalyse, thinking what if.

When the apocalypse comes you'll be glab you bought anything and everything

40% of something is a lot more than 100% of nothing.

14 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Well, as someone said, you never go broke taking profits.  

Sold some Kirkland Lake yesterday up 20% today its down 7%

Not much but profit 

Topped up BATS yesterday too 

53 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Surely this wasn't part of the CB's cunning plan

the markets are crashing cos they realised the FED has fukked up everything and they want em to print even more money to prop up their PONZI scheme!

the UK couldn't even get a decent price for 30 year bonds this morning! Very bearish.....

SELL EVERYTHING AND RUN AWAY NOW! :P

9 minutes ago, nirvana said:

the markets are crashing cos they realised the FED has fukked up everything and they want em to print even more money to prop up their PONZI scheme!

the UK couldn't even get a decent price for 30 year bonds this morning! Very bearish.....

Relax, it's earnings week coming up

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Not sure why I bothered switching my mortgage away from a tracker now.

relax boss, they can't raise IRs anymore, it's mathematically impossible, the system is already totally broke lol

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-10037579/Investors-shrug-BoE-Governors-suggestion-early-rate-hike.html

• Markets are currently pricing interest rates to rise to 0.5% by .............
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • November 2022 

Not sure why I bothered switching my mortgage away from a tracker now.

The rate increases will change. They’ve only just started straying from the official narrative that inflation is transitory and instead maybe here longer term. 

They’ll follow whatever the Fed does first, so it’s there to keep an eye on. My betting is the Fed will increase on a far steeper curve, once it’s concreted in that inflation isn’t going away. 

15 minutes ago, nirvana said:

What coupon did they get it away at? ,BOE has been monetizing the short end stuff and keeping away from the long end,i expect they will stop QE very soon at the short end and maybe go for some later along the curve.Long end struggling will crater growth and bubble areas,we looking good in our sectors as liquidity falls down the curve,just noticed im well up today.

11 minutes ago, nirvana said:

relax boss, they can't raise IRs anymore, it's mathematically impossible, the system is already totally broke lol

Oh they can, it’s just how long they want to prolong the ‘broken’ economic system for.

By raising rates it would sure put a lot of indebted plebs underwater, great for asset forfeiture and teeing up the ‘you will own nothing’ narrative.

6 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

What coupon did they get it away at?

apparently last time they were paying 0.97% but this time they had to pay 1.33%......yeah I know it's still not a lot lol

17 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

By raising rates it would

bankrupt western governments AND totally crash stock markets........

the 2nd point is why they can't do it lol although news this week is that a couple of the scamming bastards AT THE FED are retiring early so maybe they do fancy crashing the system to introduce their new CBDC......and keep that fat cnut at the BIS happy...Carstens that's im :Sick1:

33 minutes ago, nirvana said:

bankrupt western governments AND totally crash stock markets........

the 2nd point is why they can't do it lol although news this week is that a couple of the scamming bastards AT THE FED are retiring early so maybe they do fancy crashing the system to introduce their new CBDC......and keep that fat cnut at the BIS happy...Carstens that's im :Sick1:

6A569019-450A-4996-A35C-0B8EDD96B2FF.thumb.png.78e758071424f53851ef3dff726676f9.png

Archived