DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

It's very easy, especially with a mixer.

Keep on eye out for reduced double cream, then it's worth while

This is a great way to use reduced cream and if you have a fussy other half who only likes French butter then look for sour cream or crème fraiche as that’s how they make it over there

3 hours ago, CannonFodder said:

DXY touched 107

As usual i didnt keep enough cash back - so much i want to buy as cheap prices but no money for more shares

What would you buy? If you had the cash?

Talking Monkey
24 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

This dollar is butt-fucking my commodities.

Had to get that out.

That proper made me laugh, mine have been given a good shafting too. It'll all come good though eventually so not to worry. 

CannonFodder
15 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

What would you buy? If you had the cash?

PMs , PM miners, Industrial miners, oil services, insurers, EM markets

The amount of cheap is just wow

Even the good ones AG and PAAS, pretty much bogof

1 hour ago, JMD said:

Similar result for me, plus my M&G looks to be about to do the same chart trajectory. I still want to buy more across the sector but looks too early at present to go deeper into any of them.                                                                                                            And on that note of when to buy, and also in terms of general buying strategies...    I know laddering-down is often mentioned on the thread, but does anyone here ladder-up? I'm thinking the momentum in the market - bear or bull - should crucially instruct which 'directional ladder' method you employ?

For me it's dividend thresholds, and I've got too much beaten up shares on my list to keep focusing on. There will come a point where most things head up to a point where it makes sense to pay down debt instead but we're a long way off yet.

10 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

That proper made me laugh, mine have been given a good shafting too. It'll all come good though eventually so not to worry. 

Definitely entering a good window of opportunity for commodities on sale, not expecting gains to be parabolic in rapid time again though, more of a steady climb post recession with plenty of bumps.

Boris out by tomorrow it seems, Zahawi, Kwasi and Shapps amongst others also asking him to resign tonight. 35 resignations now.

Talking Monkey
2 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Definitely entering a good window of opportunity for commodities on sale, not expecting gains to be parabolic in rapid time again though, more of a steady climb post recession with plenty of bumps.

I bought some kinross, barrick, eldorado today. I reckon too they'll steadily climb in the coming years. 

Eventually Right
20 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

I'm not sure I'd classify AG as 'good' 

Good investor relations department maybe.

belfastchild
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Well if it's not the consequences of my actions - Germany 😂

Not sure about other parts of Germany but Augsburg always shut the traffic lights off in the evening. It went to flashing red IIRC bit like the US 4 way stop. Think they turned the lighting off on buildings as well,

Lightscribe
50 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

I’m pretty much spread individually across the whole GDX I think now. All within 5-10% negative at the mo with im happy with room to spare to ladder down if they go any lower. Only one I’m 20%+ down is Alexco. Just hope if they survive the next 6 months they could then be getting back up to full production in a PM bull market.

Eventually Right
10 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I’m pretty much spread individually across the whole GDX I think now. All within 5-10% negative at the mo with im happy with room to spare to ladder down if they go any lower. Only one I’m 20%+ down is Alexco. Just hope if they survive the next 6 months they could then be getting back up to full production in a PM bull market.

https://www.mining-technology.com/news/hecla-deal-buy-alexco/

One percent
4 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

Seems like the mainstream media are finally catching up with what myself and several others said back earlier this year (and sold stocks in May) i.e.  we have been in a recession for a while and it just needs to be 'officially' confirmed.

"H&T’s pawnbroking pledge book was worth £84m at the end of June, up by 74% on the £48m a year earlier and an increase of almost £20m since the end of December when it stood at £67m. The company said there was “growth across the group’s customer base and in all geographies”.

Think it’s been here since 2008.  They have printed money and increased the population massively to disguise it. 

5 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Well they're actually as fucking stupid as I thought.

Such nonsense it almost beggars belief.

Re. the oil cap. As Rabobank explained, it's nonsense and will just lead to total mayhem:

The ‘oil cap’ is simple in theory: the G7 will refuse to provide insurance to any vessel that carries Russian oil unless the cargo is sold with an agreed price cap. Yet it won’t work and will just push oil prices higher. Russia will never agree. China and India will never agree either. Russia and China may offer their own underwriting services, which would force the West into physically blocking cargoes and confronting China - as a Russian-oil carrying ship is stopped in the US, says the Wall Street Journal. Plus, the G7 are already not taking Russian oil: they are taking Russian oil from India and China that is being on-sold.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/us-g7-discuss-capping-russian-oil-price-40-60-move-which-could-send-oil-soaring-380

ThoughtCriminal

Looks like Boris is considering calling an election, which means he's going to salt the earth and set fire to the Tory party.

This is going to be glorious if he has the balls to go through with it.

Archived