DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Long time lurking
22 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Without trying to derail this thread, did anyone else think the BJ press conference just now had an end of school term vibe to it? Implementing Plan B was casually dismissed and a journo even outright asked if it will all be over by easter (these people all talk/shag, so they will know). My prediction is that Omicron is effectively a natural vaccine strain, and the current third wave will follow the Spanish flu precedent. 

March 2022 seems to be the end date penciled in ,the date is popping up everywhere

UK emergency powers end march 2022 

I have seen articles sating 98% of people will have antibodies in the UK by March 22  

image.png.705ed388e222eece61a329dd09396ad4.png

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

FinTwit chatter is that the fall in WTI is part of the the signal that a credit event is imminent.

In fairness, right before the fall it was all about oil going to $100+. 

6 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

March 2022 seems to be the end date penciled in ,the date is popping up everywhere

UK emergency powers end march 2022 

I have seen articles sating 98% of people will have antibodies in the UK by March 22  

March 2022 is when emergency powers get extended, i do believe some of those powers are here for ever.

12 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Presumably some of that would just be estimates derived from the Spanish Flu model.

4 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

£5 to a charity of your choice (unless it is LGBT/migrants) says otherwise.

I read that some of the powers brought in under the guise of covid bill, have since been put on statute, so even if it is not extended they are here for good.

I know the above sounds vague but i'm cooking, running a bath and thinking all at the same time, will provide a link later on!

2 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I read that some of the powers brought in under the guise of covid bill, have since been put on statute, so even if it is not extended they are here for good.

I know the above sounds vague but i'm cooking, running a bath and thinking all at the same time, will provide a link later on!

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/emergency-powers

"The government has stated that the emergency measures to tackle the coronavirus will be time-limited to two years"

Don't get me wrong, we need scrutiny to keep them honest. If we take these things on trust it always likely to be abused.

1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

Without trying to derail this thread, did anyone else think the BJ press conference just now had an end of school term vibe to it? Implementing Plan B was casually dismissed and a journo even outright asked if it will all be over by easter (these people all talk/shag, so they will know). My prediction is that Omicron is effectively a natural vaccine strain, and the current third wave will follow the Spanish flu precedent. 

I'd say mask compliance on trains and in shops around 50-60% today in the Midlands, going to take people dropping dead in the street for any improvement in obeying restrictions IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

I'd say mask compliance on trains and in shops around 50-60% today in the Midlands, going to take people dropping dead in the street for any improvement in obeying restrictions IMO. 

I'd say most people know it is as good as over. Likely real life will adjust, and media etc will trail behind.

geordie_lurch

Since the Ghislaine Maxwell trial started so far in November, the following have quit which could be coincidence or indicate the elites know things are about to go down :ph34r:

• The CEO of Barclays resigned
  • The CEO of Twitter resigned
  • The CEO of Walmart resigned
  • The CEO of CNBC resigned

EDIT - I can't find the CNBS one now O.o

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

Brent currently down 7+%. Iran? Covid? Manipulation? Surprise at BP holding at 327 today. I may be picking some more up tomorrow.

Dave Hunter predicted it weeks ago. Oil had a big run up and now has pulled back, maybe that is all there is to it. Oil shares holding up certainly suggest no further downside ahead.

2 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Think it is just beginning. Deaths of the vaccinated will be blamed on the virus. Mass depopulation is the aim.

4 minutes ago, Errol said:

Think it is just beginning. Deaths of the vaccinated will be blamed on the virus. Mass depopulation is the aim.

Sorry but this sound like complete nonsense to me. What "mass depopulation"? There've been 5mil reported covid deaths worldwide. You could multiply it by 100 and it would barely make a dent in the world population.

5 minutes ago, Sidd said:

Hi @kibucare you seeing value in the miners currently? Contemplating if I should add some more..

The last time I checked the prices was Saturday and they looked very unloved. If you're a contrarian then it's probably the most undervalued sector, although probably not to the extent some twitterati try to picture it as they seem to completely ignore impact of energy prices on mining costs. Mining is energy intense as fuck.

Democorruptcy
47 minutes ago, kibuc said:

The last time I checked the prices was Saturday and they looked very unloved. If you're a contrarian then it's probably the most undervalued sector, although probably not to the extent some twitterati try to picture it as they seem to completely ignore impact of energy prices on mining costs. Mining is energy intense as fuck.

This omicron could be a nice set up? Oil down a lot and CB's have their excuse not to raise rates. Energy costs down and more negative real rates. What do you fancy in silver?

Archived