DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

42 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

Brutal battle on nasdaq 100. 50 point sudden drops and rebounds in seconds 

Silver getting whacked too. Standard operating procedure.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chewing Grass
37 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

That said many people medicate their unhappiness with "luxury" processed food, and this would be particularly hit by inflation. Alcohol is also made from "food", especially beer and whisky/vodka, and significant price rises there would get everyone up in arms.

Fall of the Roman Empire stuff

Prices in 301 AD in the Roman Empire

All data based on Diocletian’s “Edict of Maximum Prices” issued in 301AD.

The Edict of Maximum Prices was an attempt to control runaway inflation and poverty in the Empire.The penalty for exceeding the prices of the Edict was severe: death. Not satisfied to execute just the seller, Diocletian decreed that the buyer was to be executed as well. As a final measure, if a seller refused to sell his goods at the stated price, the penalty was death

https://community.plu.edu/~315j06/doc/what-things.pdf

A regular and predictable supply of grain and the grain dole were part of the Roman leadership's strategy of maintaining tranquility among a restive urban population by providing them with what the poet Juvenal sarcastically called "bread and circuses". In 22 AD, the emperor Tiberius said that the Cura Annonae if neglected would be "the utter ruin of the state".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cura_Annonae

47 minutes ago, Loki said:

Probably options expiry or something, that's what they usually say

Or cartel this, cartel that. Even the comments are becoming tedious now

11 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

On CAPEX renewables need 25x the CAPEX oil does for the same amount of energy.Oil has high OPEX where renewables dont.

Oil switching CAPEX $ for $ is only 1/25 of the outcome on energy,the lifecycle cost structure is much different.

So for every $ big oil removes from CAPEX you need $25 invested in renewables to equal the energy,and of course you still need baseload.

The cost of renewables is front loaded.Hence why the start to middle of the cycle sees huge price runs in oil and gas.

Big oil is more OPEX then CAPEX,renewables mostly CAPEX with much lower OPEX.Hence interest rate increases hurt renewables a lot.

Should add Exxon etc got big buying up failed drillers during downturns,but the big oilies arent this time,that is where the hit is,they arent using capital to buy up failed companies so the gap between price signal and price discovery is growing.Its likely adding 18 months onto already long cycles.

Im not an oil man,just the macro of it.

Where did you get the figures for these [source?], not saying I don't believe them but feel its always prudent to go through them myself to see if I get the same results [as with all scientific publications].

6 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

There are billions of people outside of the west, it is these people I'm referring to. That said, fatties in the west can riot too. Slowly, perhaps...

Well for about five minutes and then they are exhausted....not enough time to get the pressure up in the water cannons!

2 hours ago, Loki said:

They're on my buyback list for the bust.  Think I sold before you price-wise, after a nice run.

What were we thinking, sell DRAX but keep HARL!

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

Where did you get the figures for these [source?], not saying I don't believe them but feel its always prudent to go through them myself to see if I get the same results [as with all scientific publications].

I get them sent from someone whos company pays thousands for the numbers,its 25x the cost for renewables over oil/gas up front,then less OPEX,renewables are front loaded capital costs.

4 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Anti-white racism !!!

I don't know whether you write in jest or not but this is exactly what it is. How can this be legal?

44 minutes ago, Sue Lowe said:

I don't know whether you write in jest or not but this is exactly what it is. How can this be legal?

This has been around for decades, it was known as "positive discrimination" in the 90s and openly advertised as such. As a white, straight, male, I soon learned not to bother applying for any job with those two words in the ad.

33 minutes ago, Sue Lowe said:

Maybe I'm been too woke but surely it'll be the same legality which acted against the minorities in the past, just in much greater numbers.

I remember years ago before internet a friend of the familiy were from Trinidad. The father was unemployed or in manual jobs for a long spells despite being well educated.

I seem to remember my parents saying that he got loads of interviews (he had a very standard, white-sounding name and to me could put on a posh accent) but once he got there his race must have counted against him. Most likely it did. But it isn't gonna be illegal unlike some stuff which happened earlier (black people being told no vacancies at all).

However, two wrongs don't make a right. It's incredible that BT are boasting about this. 

7 minutes ago, Boon said:

Maybe I'm been too woke but surely it'll be the same legality which acted against the minorities in the past, just in much greater numbers.

I remember years ago before internet a friend of the familiy were from Trinidad. The father was unemployed or in manual jobs for a long spells despite being well educated.

I seem to remember my parents saying that he got loads of interviews (he had a very standard, white-sounding name and to me could put on a posh accent) but once he got there his race must have counted against him. Most likely it did. But it isn't gonna be illegal unlike some stuff which happened earlier (black people being told no vacancies at all).

However, two wrongs don't make a right. It's incredible that BT are boasting about this. 

So the racist lower class scum at least gave him work...interesting...;)

10 hours ago, Hancock said:

Lets hope BT gets sold, fuck em sooner its sold off than having to read this shit.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/12/01/bt-sets-target-quarter-staff-non-white/

I shan't comment on the statistics used in that report, they seem all over the place.                                                  I will say however, is this whole agenda what they might call a ''race'(?) to the bottom'...?!      (...and in so many different ways, not least the friction and division such policies cause - then again maybe 'divide and rule' IS the real agenda?)                      

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, Sue Lowe said:

Partly joking, partly serious.

The best person should be given a job regardless of skin colour.  They are clearly discriminatory and I have no idea how they can get away with this.

The big thing for me is that all these anti-racism schemes,  fair deals for various minorities, calling anyone who speaks out racists etc are all government policies to allow them to continue to attract  more people to come to the UK to keep their pyramid scam going.  Boris/Tories came to power again off the back of the brexit vote promising to stop the immigration, first thing they do is ramp it up.  We are being lied to.

So maybe it's not really anti-white racism but it's clearly wrong and the people pushing it clearly have an agenda.

Either way, we all have a problem.

58 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

This has been around for decades, it was known as "positive discrimination" in the 90s and openly advertised as such. As a white, straight, male, I soon learned not to bother applying for any job with those two words in the ad.

In South Africa they have been doing positive discrimination since the 90's (of course!), but apparently things have gotten so bad that inept and unqualified black employees are regularly promoted (nepitism is rife) and then need white consultants to 'shadow them' in order to prevent them from totally screwing up!

On 30/11/2021 at 17:38, Long time lurking said:

Yep i did for the bailing out the banks part not so much the social credit system (which i would not fully dimiss) what she say about the former i think she is spot on 

My own view is very much along the lines of this 

https://thephilosophicalsalon.com/a-self-fulfilling-prophecy-systemic-collapse-and-pandemic-simulation/

that article is fukkin ace and sums everything up beautifully! Thatcherites and boomers take note lmao!

2 hours ago, Sue Lowe said:

Indeed. How can it be legal?                                                                                                                                                        We live in strange times, where the minority regularly impunes the history, the culture and the morality of the majority. This has never before happened in history, and I truly do fear what it will lead to.                                         (Jordan Peterson basically mocks this situation and says '...good luck with that!')

On 30/11/2021 at 19:13, kibuc said:

Sorry but this sound like complete nonsense to me. What "mass depopulation"? There've been 5mil reported covid deaths worldwide. You could multiply it by 100 and it would barely make a dent in the world population.

I dont want to go off thread - as there is one dedicated to Covid. However If you have been following the Pandemic in detail its not yet nonsense, and only time will tell if it is nonsense.

The depopulation won't be caused by Covid deaths. It will be an increase in heart issues, Stoke/brain issues, cancers and increased sterility, and it will take several years. Of course we will have no idea of the cause.

The recent spate of footballers/sports people who are collapsing has nothing to do with the Vaccine.

The message from the media over the last year is the Jabs are Safe and effective.

Effective? Not really and thats why we are having boosters... Professor Norman Fenton has an interesting look at the english stats https://probabilityandlaw.blogspot.com/2021/11/is-vaccine-efficacy-statistical-illusion.html) The Jabs were never designed or tested to stop infection or transmission, and the UKHSA data supports that. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-surveillance-reports

Safe?

Dr Bhakdi (and others) wrote to the EMA in Feb with a list of concerns, one of which was the mechinism of the Jabs causing Blood clots and the wide spread implications. https://doctors4covidethics.org/press-release-urgent-open-letter-to-ema-from-doctors-scientists-regarding-vaccine-safety-concerns/

Today The BBC (mainstrean media) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59418123 have 9 months later essentially acknowledged that there is now a "scientific way" this could happen.

There are lots of other concens about the lack of long term data on the vaccines - and time will tell wether those concerns are correct.

All the Jabs that are in use still have at least 1 year left on their original Phase 3 clinical trials (2 jabs - 21 days apart) and in the UK Phizer has 6 days left on its temporary use Authorisation. It will be interesting to hear if that is extended?

So why are the governments around the world coerecing and mandating "vaccines" that are still in their experimental stages, on people who dont need it? You are probably correct - its probably not depopulation. But its not nonsense.

I'm not going to say any more on this

JimmyTheBruce
17 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Noticed that Shell and Chevron have increased their share buybacks just as the seer of Durham predicted :Beer:

I think the seer of Durham also recently mentioned that it might be time to get into some of the big finance firms like ABRDN.... and right on queue they've announced they're taking over interactive investor.

Hasn't made much positive impact on the share price today, but another example of the consolidation that's oft mentioned here.

Archived