DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Just now, Sidd said:

This is a planned systemic dismantling of the NHS as we all know it.

The GP app I used to book appointment has now removed that feature and replaced it with a plethora of other amazing options from booking chickenpox vaccines to musculoskeletal session, but at a nice tidy (private industry) price.

Eventually everyone will get used to it and many will adopt going private as the new normal (those who can't afford it will suffer and those who can will get by or suffer later in retirement). The GP's are definitely sitting on their high horses as they benefit from this private work, but what we should all know is that the root cause is far above their pay grade. 

Just following the dentists then.

• Agree 5

37 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

How true is that? 

Has anyone got the numbers used to make that assertion. I've had a quick skim at Frontline (FRO) and its share price hasn't moved much.

What are the economics of shipping costs and where have the large price increases come from. Is it the loading and unloading and freight transport to or from the ports or have the actual sailing costs jumped? Or is it uisng air freight rather than shipping?

Arent the higher shipping costs due mainly to combination of the West no longer sending its landfill out to China, so the containers are now typically empty on return run. Plus Covid restrictive work practices have increased costs and also workers are more off-sick when tested positive, etc; these effects cause delays/ efficiency costs all the way along the supply chain, with the ports being the most visible example. 

However on the macro side - the shipping companies could have begun changing their 'logistics' earlier, i.e. only now are they starting to use smaller containers/ships, etc... But probably just another good example of erstwhile  'global efficiency' having trumped anti-fragility. 

Edited by JMD

jamtomorrow
18 minutes ago, invalid said:

Not sure what to make of this:

Could be BoE working their way through the 5 stages of grief as a way of psyching up for the inevitable BTC-based QE.

Maybe they've been watching George:

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, sleepwello'nights said:

How true is that? 

Has anyone got the numbers used to make that assertion. I've had a quick skim at Frontline (FRO) and its share price hasn't moved much.

What are the economics of shipping costs and where have the large price increases come from. Is it the loading and unloading and freight transport to or from the ports or have the actual sailing costs jumped? Or is it uisng air freight rather than shipping?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1250636/global-container-freight-index/

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Why?

The UKPOP is the highest its ever been.

With high population come high death rates.

Its really that simple.

The death rate is ballooning, Spy.  Not from COVID.  From a combination of the lockdowns, overall shitty stress, and, most importantly, the vaccine side effect kills.  One example: the GB Olympic swimming team 31 year old that died this week.  Double jabbed.  No way would he have died unless he had got jabbed, in my view.

• Agree 9

2 hours ago, Sidd said:

This is a planned systemic dismantling of the NHS as we all know it.

The GP app I used to book appointment has now removed that feature and replaced it with a plethora of other amazing options from booking chickenpox vaccines to musculoskeletal session, but at a nice tidy (private industry) price.

Eventually everyone will get used to it and many will adopt going private as the new normal (those who can't afford it will suffer and those who can will get by or suffer later in retirement). The GP's are definitely sitting on their high horses as they benefit from this private work, but what we should all know is that the root cause is far above their pay grade. 

I agree. The NHS does indeed appear to be crumbling before our eyes. But i think it is worth pointing out that it was the whole medical profession that chose to 'fully embrace' Covid not just the GP's. 

Moreover, 'evil doctoring' ('Dr Evil'?!) has throughout history been a very scary/powerful phenomenon... the trusted becoming the embodiment of the treacherous(?), but i shan't hype this further. However, last April time i did post here that for me, Covid had a dark stench of political malfeasance about it, and that it would eventually have more impact than Climate Change policies... politically, socially, economically i think this is already coming true.   

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 9

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

The death rate is ballooning, Spy.  Not from COVID.  From a combination of the lockdowns, overall shitty stress, and, most importantly, the vaccine side effect kills.  One example: the GB Olympic swimming team 31 year old that died this week.  Double jabbed.  No way would he have died unless he had got jabbed, in my view.

I would add, just because the population is larger doesn’t correlate with excess winter deaths numbers (younger immigration etc).

You can see the 100k figures here in the 50s/60s despite a massively lower population. Old people used to die a lot more in cold, damp council accommodation over winter.

41D6B4B4-D9E9-4979-940C-ADD9D9558B21.thumb.jpeg.110186e8f4849718b1880d31d8daffe1.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Cattle Prod
18 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I would add, just because the population is larger doesn’t correlate with excess winter deaths numbers (younger immigration etc).

You can see the 100k figures here in the 50s/60s despite a massively lower population. Old people used to die a lot more in cold, damp council accommodation over winter.

41D6B4B4-D9E9-4979-940C-ADD9D9558B21.thumb.jpeg.110186e8f4849718b1880d31d8daffe1.jpeg

Zoomed out, thank you. It'd be interesting to see a plot of news and media saturation over that...

• Agree 1

reformed nice guy
3 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

If you had read the first article that was based on figures across the whole of Europe O.o Here's a snippet for you...

"You can see for yourself the excess mortality for much of the EU here. Few people realize that in 2021 we have had as much excess mortality, as we did in 2020. The difference is that the age profile has shifted: Whereas most of the excess mortality was in elderly people in 2020, in 2021 it’s increasingly showing up among younger people. The excess mortality has a peculiar characteristic, in that it starts showing up later in younger age groups, with the exception of children, in whom no excess mortality is observed.

For the 29 participating countries as a whole, we have 4000 excess deaths among people aged 15-44. These deaths are hard to explain, because young people normally don’t die from COVID-19. Just 0.9% of COVID-19 deaths in the Netherlands are people under the age of fifty. The curve of excess mortality in this age category also doesn’t fit COVID-19. This is a seasonal virus that disappear in the summer, but the excess deaths among young people mainly show up during the summer."

As someone wiser than me once said... coincidence, after coincidence, after coincidence may not be a coincidence. It may be a pattern.

We have had 18 months of extremely reduced access to healthcare - isnt an increased death rate to be expected when you cant get access to the GP gate keepers?

• Agree 4

geordie_lurch
6 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

We have had 18 months of extremely reduced access to healthcare - isnt an increased death rate to be expected when you cant get access to the GP gate keepers?

Again these figures are from across the whole of Europe - not sure you can extrapolate your experiences of the UK in the last 18 months and the whole of the EU especially during 2021 where things have allegedly got back to normal because of the 'vaccines'? The excess mortality in each age group via the data seems to show it increasing in younger and younger age ranges to me and many others that are curious or to put another way it's following the same trend as the demographics of who have been given access to the 'vaccines' and when but yeah maybe it's just another coincidence...

Edited by geordie_lurch

reformed nice guy
Just now, geordie_lurch said:

Again these figures are from across the whole of Europe - not sure you can extrapolate your experiences of the UK in the last 18 months and the whole of the EU especially during 2021 where things have allegedly got back to normal because of the 'vaccines'? The excess mortality in each age group via the data seems to show it increasing in younger and younger age ranges to me and many others that are curious or to put another way it's following the same demographics as who have been given access to the 'vaccines' but yeah maybe it's just another coincidence...

Im not supporting the vaccines by the way, Iv never taken a test or had a vaccine, but I agree with the guys above that it is a combination of things - poor diet, sitting on arse watching netflix on furlough, no access to healthcare, vaccine side effects.

World war 1 wasnt started by a single shot, but the bullet did help!

• Agree 1

geordie_lurch
3 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

I would think the more likely scenario is that people will rush to decentralised crypto currencies as the markets meltdown and fiat currencies continue to be hyperinflated xD

See this from Zerohedge (or the Bloomberg link below) for the first signs of what will be tried here and around the globe before we get end up with the CBDCs linked to your digital ID (Covid passport) :ph34r:

"The slippery slope analogy of tyrannical control continues to be proven right as Turkey removes the last privacy from its citizens money-changing ways.

Having banned (anonymity-protecting) cryptocurrencies and crypto-assets in April (citing “irreparable” damage and transaction risks), Bloomberg reports that money-changers in Turkey will be required to record the identities of all of their clients under new rules issued following the Lira's collapse to fresh record lows against the dollar this week.

In the past, only clients whose transactions were worth $3,000 or more were asked to submit personal information."

and the closing part to remind people the USA are trying to implement similar invasive legislation

"Of course, this action by Erdogan is nothing at all like the new Democrats' IRS surveillance state plan to track every transaction by an American of over $600... nothing like it at all. Remember, it's for your own security/privacy/safety (pick your dissonance)."

• Informative 2

Lightscribe
51 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Zoomed out, thank you. It'd be interesting to see a plot of news and media saturation over that...

Ironically it was a BBC news article from back when they were an actual news broadcaster rather than a political narrative mouthpiece sponsored by the highest bidder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30243635

DE94B8E1-45CD-48A2-A901-26342436D741.thumb.jpeg.b58ce75ac3f7de844512b0fab64dda65.jpeg

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Informative 2

Democorruptcy
4 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I didnt know at the time how they would print the dis-inflation back,just that they would have to,and "green" investment looks like a big part of the way.However i dont think they will be able to purchase many green bonds themselves because they wont be able to print enough more due to inflation.I do think QE and interest rate increase might happen though and if they do i should be put forward for the Nobel prize because i doubt anyone sees that coming.Outlier still yet though.

That's been discussed in the media for years. Adair Turner is one who has definitely talked about it. I think this was in 2014

Adair Turner, a Senior Fellow at the Institute for New Economic Thinking, argues that the best course for monetary policy is to print money and raise interest rates.

https://www.chartwellspeakers.com/best-course-monetary-policy-print-money-raise-interest-rates-explains-adair-turner-expert-speaker-global-finance/

• Informative 1

Noallegiance
6 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Ramifications keep..........er, ramifying. 

I love this.

The market deciding what's best for practicality. MPs and the cabinet should take note and fuck right off.

• Agree 10

7 hours ago, Harley said:

Just following the dentists then.

Although you could argue the effects are far wider. You might work around 'bad' teeth with quality of life suffering, but you can't always work around serious non-dental health conditions.

• Agree 1