DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Axeman123 said:

rate from 63 to 55%, no big deal

Very big deal actually.Someone on £350 a week on UC will get £26 a week extra.He increased the work allowance by £500 as well.BUT to be fair to him those not working on UC get nothing,and those working 16 hours gain around £5.

Just now, Axeman123 said:

Nothing on IHT, Slight increase in tax on banks. Those missleading leaks look strategic...

Yes,nothing for working people not on welfare.The leaks designed to make people think they dodged a bullet.

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Drink 20 pints get one pint free.

It’s a saving of roughly 3 pence a pint. So drink 200 pints in a London pub and get 1 free (assuming they pass on the saving).

1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yes,nothing for working people not on welfare.The leaks designed to make people think they dodged a bullet.

Not aligning CGT with income tax has me feeling like I just made an Alec Baldwin movie unscathed!

11 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Not aligning CGT with income tax has me feeling like I just made an Alec Baldwin movie unscathed!

Thanks to those taking the bullet!  So I can buy my gold back within 30 days?!

HousePriceMania

Anyone still expecting IR rises ?

Will be interesting to see what the 12 month QE thing is about.  Might as well put all my money into BP for 12 months

image.thumb.png.2da07999cf43b1ad1f284a9db8ed4a85.png

30 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Very big deal actually.Someone on £350 a week on UC will get £26 a week extra.He increased the work allowance by £500 as well.BUT to be fair to him those not working on UC get nothing,and those working 16 hours gain around £5.

Makes me wonder whether this is how we end up with a UBI - just keep shaving the UC taper. By the time it's done I bet the effects of inflation on today's nominal UC will make it about right for a UBI anyway.

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

Nothing in this budget to encourage full time workers to keep working

The are well and truly on the tightrope, one little nudge and we slip and land on our knackers.

HousePriceMania
1 hour ago, Castlevania said:

Sunak seems to be planning to spend like a sailor on shore leave

I think that's good summary.

At least we know what their plan is....

image.thumb.png.962f847957e657c874ad6f2bbd2e6756.png

I see little point in selling any shares anyone bought post 2020, they really are going to cause massive inflation.

16 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

Makes me wonder whether this is how we end up with a UBI - just keep shaving the UC taper. By the time it's done I bet the effects of inflation on today's nominal UC will make it about right for a UBI anyway.

48 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

Yes, shaving and tapering are the preferred tools thesdays. Plus I've always said the clue is in the 'universal' naming bit, or is that just a coincidence?!

HousePriceMania
4 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Slows to zero! That has to be a record for spin.

Big news.  The Central bankers are aligning their QE/Rate rises.

Archived