DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Microwave buggered?

spunko

Question

I have a 5 year old AEG integrated Microwave (I know with hindsight AEG are shit, but I have it now...). It is a microwave/grill combi. Yesterday it started half heating food i.e. only warm. It's also much quieter, to me it doesn't sound like the fan is working. I've checked the settings/wattage and they're the same.

Anyone know if there's some sort of cut-out or "limp mode" secruity thing, like on a car, for a broken fan? I don't want to chuck it, it cost me about £300.

3 answers to this question

I'll give you a tenner for it....you can make something out of one of the bits inside, I forget what it is now, a generator or summit like that lol

• Agree 1

I'd check the vents at the back, they tend to get full of dust and then either the fan stops or the magnetron over heats.

belfastchild

Id offer some advice but considering when my 20 year old zanussi started playing up I just bought another one.

Even I wouldnt fuck about inside a microwave, its probably one of the only electrical appliances left in the house that can kill you if you arent very careful. Parts of it can kill you quickly and other parts can kill you very slowly.

• Agree 1