DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

There is every reason to believe UK property will rocket in value in the next decade, so many of us called it wrong

haroldshand

Inflation is the big thing with me at the moment and I have started a few threads on it and more importantly on the subject of what the politicians and BOE won't do about it rather than what they will do.

Like a lot of people the property crash was inevitable to me over the last several years and with it being 100% guaranteed at the start of covid, I have been totally wrong as have the ToS mob but just far longer with so many of them. In fact not only do I now think the property crash a distant dream I now think the opposite is coming our way with house prices becoming way more expensive in the inflation era now approaching.

Back in Cambridge yesterday looking at all the shithole areas where property is north on half a million £ you can see those prices being rapidly diluted with all the inflation and wage rises that coming our way  and where £500,000 will be worth feck all in a decade.

The house price crash is off and ToS got it badly wrong

Inflation is the big thing with me at the moment and I have started a few threads on it and more importantly on the subject of what the politicians and BOE won't do about it rather than what they will do.

Like a lot of people the property crash was inevitable to me over the last several years and with it being 100% guaranteed at the start of covid, I have been totally wrong as have the ToS mob but just far longer with so many of them. In fact not only do I now think the property crash a distant dream I now think the opposite is coming our way with house prices becoming way more expensive in the inflation era now approaching.

Back in Cambridge yesterday looking at all the shithole areas where property is north on half a million £ you can see those prices being rapidly diluted with all the inflation and wage rises that coming our way  and where £500,000 will be worth feck all in a decade.

The house price crash is off and ToS got it badly wrong

I came to this conclusion last year and it was one of the many factors (energy prices being another) in us purchasing a house this year.

I believe the government of any description (red, blue, yellow or purple) will not let prices 'crash', a slow decline and prices not keeping up with inflation is more likely and the government will be able to create new props whenever it looks like prices might fall.

I can’t see significant wage inflation when organisations have been trying to keep a lid on wages for the past decade+. What’s the mechanism for prices to increase?

If we did get wage (and everything else) inflation I think house prices would stay the same or increase slowly so a real terms crash.

I have been saying they won’t crash since I joined this forum there might be a sell off of btl portfolios if it looks like labour are geting in .mind they will also go after an alternative source of investment ie shares has well.so there you have it anyone that try’s to look after themselves via prudence is ripe for a tax rimming .my entire strategy is build around a house ie a bigger one because with limited funds compared to others on here it’s hard to tax can bring in an income lodger very hard for the system to put laws into place unlike btl or an hmo will go up in value particularly if you get off road parking for an electric vehicle and you can live in it .

The issue with house prices is that the cycle is so long that it's difficult to time it in a human lifetime. Particularly when the government are doing everything that they possibly can to elongate the cycle.

I'd like to see a crash in about 15 years so I can set my kids up. Otherwise they'll need to keep living with me.

xD

47 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

I can’t see significant wage inflation when organisations have been trying to keep a lid on wages for the past decade+. What’s the mechanism for prices to increase?

If we did get wage (and everything else) inflation I think house prices would stay the same or increase slowly so a real terms crash.

I think the opposite, the lid has been kept on wage inflation and the bottom end of the UK foodchain for too long now using the threat of cheap immigrant slave labour. that's why we are getting the lorry driver issues today.

Now it's payback time

reformed nice guy

Supply and demand

UK native population has been below replacement level since 1973, basically meaning that if you paired up every human on this island they would average less than 2 children between both of them.

It all demands on how many they bring in as without that the population would decrease.

Of course there are other factors such as more people living along etc but on the whole its artifically created therefore deliberate

Archived