DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Testing

Panther

Got a cold, noticed that testing is now available to oiks like me so sent for one. Anything I need to be aware of?

They mention an antibody test will follow on, because science. Could be useful as I am pretty sure I got corona twice before, but will it pick up long term immunity?

Underwhelmed

you made a mistake by sending the test back, no doubt it wll be positive and you'll be hounded daily.

Antibody test - there's no way I can extract the amount of blood they say they need using the methods outlined so I sacked that off.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Panther said:

Thanks, not arrived yet so may not bother

Is this a lateral flow (rapid) test or a PCR? You can get both sent to you for free in the post.

The lateral flow ones you can do and then forget to report the results....

2 minutes ago, invalid said:

Is this a lateral flow (rapid) test or a PCR? You can get both sent to you for free in the post.

PCR

21 minutes ago, Panther said:

PCR

If you are curious you could get some rapid tests and bin them after but there is a good chance of a false negative.

I looked into the anti body testing, there is another type of test that can supposedly detect older infections. It's private and cost around £150 iirc. However, it was only something like 80% reliable so didn't think it was worth it.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dgul said:

Then don't do it.

Having done it I think I'll send it in, could be proof of immunity in future, but I won't be passing on names and places.

Edited by Panther

Posted (edited)

As a medical history (only symptoms distinct from a cold or flu)

December 2019 - continuous cough, breathlessness, recovery 10 days

September 2010 - severe breathlessness, recovery 5 days

October 2021 - slight breathlessess, ...

Edited by Panther

45 minutes ago, Panther said:

Having done it I think I'll send it in, could be proof of immunity in future, but I won't be passing on names and places.

If you’re positive. I’ll pay you £20 to send in another swab with my details on it.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 3

Result negative. Whatever it is it's almost gone, though a bit longer than I'd normally feel unwell.

On 08/10/2021 at 23:15, Reck B said:

If you’re positive. I’ll pay you £20 to send in another swab with my details on it.

that's not a bad idea if having had covid is a way of sidestepping the fascistpass (TM)

• Agree 1