• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Reinterpreting Queensbury rules: nice and cosy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41334906

A raid on a three-bedroom house in north west London found 35 men living in rooms full of mattresses.

The discovery was made on Winchester Avenue, Queensbury, on Tuesday following noise complaints from neighbours, Brent council said.

The men, of Eastern European origin, had piled bedding in every room except bathrooms.

The house opposite was full of mattresses like that, we might be going back 10 years though. 

They kicked off with each other once and I witnessed someone being stabbed. I'd rung the police because the fight looked bad enough, so I was on the phone when I saw the guy stab someone and the person disappeared behind the hedge.  The police hid round the corner until there was enough of them to go in and break it up, by which time it had mostly fizzled out. 

When they moved out the next tenant found even more mattresses in the loft that had been used for sleeping. And there were a couple of kitchen knives tucked behind a planter in the front garden.

That article is a bit giddy with itself: Mr Farah added: "Any landlord treating their tenants unfairly should be on notice: we're coming for you."

Erm, if they're all claiming HB then HB needed to pick up on this. And anyone stupid enough to live like this is as much to blame.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

The house opposite was full of mattresses like that, we might be going back 10 years though. 

They kicked off with each other once and I witnessed someone being stabbed. I'd rung the police because the fight looked bad enough, so I was on the phone when I saw the guy stab someone and the person disappeared behind the hedge.  The police hid round the corner until there was enough of them to go in and break it up, by which time it had mostly fizzled out. 

When they moved out the next tenant found even more mattresses in the loft that had been used for sleeping. And there were a couple of kitchen knives tucked behind a planter in the front garden.

That article is a bit giddy with itself: Mr Farah added: "Any landlord treating their tenants unfairly should be on notice: we're coming for you."

Erm, if they're all claiming HB then HB needed to pick up on this. And anyone stupid enough to live like this is as much to blame.

The landlord probably doesn't even know it has been sublet to 100 other people.

2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

The landlord probably doesn't even know it has been sublet to 100 other people.

Or care, or be accountable, or simply looking the other way.

So to compete on a relative salary/cost base the only way to do it is to do the same. Makes Dickensian Britain look positively jolly.

1 minute ago, onlyme said:

Or care, or be accountable, or simply looking the other way.

So to compete on a relative salary/cost base the only way to do it is to do the same. Makes Dickensian Britain look positively jolly.

I for one, welcome our cultural enrichment and vibrancy enhancement. I'm going long on mattresses'.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Lithuanians then.

Poles go for drunk brawls.

Lithuanians tend to stab each other.

Balkans go for full on blood feuds, stabbings, murders.

Thanks you Brown, you stupid cunt.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Balkans go for full on blood feuds, stabbings, murders.

There was a family feud between Kosovars and/or Serbs(I think, might have been Albanians) going on in both Switzerland and Kosovo/Serbia in the last few years. It stopped last year, but only because all but about 2 of both families were dead. About 20-30 killings altogether in about 5 or 6 years, about 5 of which were in Switzerland.

Lovely cultures, perfectly ok to try and integrate them into Western Europe, I see no issue.

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Is it stupid? 16hrs a week + benefits + cash in hand - £100pm rent = clearing £50k and life they could only dream of when they go back home in 12-24mths. 

For those of us who wish to stay here, the 12-24mths needs to be 5-10yrs to make the figures work and then the sacrifice isn't worth making. 

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

Is it stupid? 16hrs a week + benefits + cash in hand - £100pm rent = clearing £50k and life they could only dream of when they go back home in 12-24mths. 

For those of us who wish to stay here, the 12-24mths needs to be 5-10yrs to make the figures work and then the sacrifice isn't worth making. 

I see a lot of big numbers bandied about on here sometimes. £50k from bennies and 16hrs a week? I would love to be on £50k a yer and I work loads.

I reckon when you add up housing and council tax benefit, working 16hrs, working tax credits and working on the side... £18k maybe?

Monthly (ish)

housing benefit £450

council tax benefit £100

working 16hrs (even at £10 p/h) £700

working tax credits £250

working on the side £500

=£2k a month, so £24k a year.

That's me using high figures too- £10ph, £450 rent, etc. Not the £18k I guessed but not £50k or anywhere near it.

3 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I see a lot of big numbers bandied about on here sometimes. £50k from bennies and 16hrs a week? I would love to be on £50k a yer and I work loads.

I reckon when you add up housing and council tax benefit, working 16hrs, working tax credits and working on the side... £18k maybe?

Monthly (ish)

housing benefit £450

council tax benefit £100

working tax credits £250

working on the side £500

That's me using high figures too- £10ph, £450 rent, etc. Not the £18k I guessed but not £50k or anywhere near it.

You forgot the kids with various made-up disabilities. And the fact that 24k net income equates to a salary of much more.

4 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

You forgot the kids with various made-up disabilities. And the fact that 24k net income equates to a salary of much more.

That's true, I forgot it would take a salary of about £30k to get £24k ish.

Yes, probably loads of folk scamming the system too.

I think there will be a lot of people though, who are just on low hours, with low hourly rates, with no working on the side, who don't claim falsely and are properly poor. 

We certainly shouldn't be giving this to randoms who have come over here. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
it was shit, still is kinda but no time

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

That's true, I forgot it would take a salary of about £30k to get £24k ish.

You can make accurate figures with https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ if you really want to give yourself high blood pressure. The url is probably on every emigration forum in Eastern Europe, and maybe even in African countries because I think if you are granted refugee status you can then claim like a native. Wonder how much the number of kids diagnosed with ADHD in Eastern Europe has risen in the last few years.....

Join Gordon Brown's party, get a couple of your kids diagnosed with ADHD, and stop working so hard, you'll be quids in. 

20 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Monthly (ish)

housing benefit £450

council tax benefit £100

working tax credits £250

working on the side £500

I was going on £25k pa, so £50k after 24mths. 

13 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I was going on £25k pa, so £50k after 24mths. 

Ah yes, I see that in your post now.

Sorry!

16 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

You can make accurate figures with https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ if you really want to give yourself high blood pressure. The url is probably on every emigration forum in Eastern Europe, and maybe even in African countries because I think if you are granted refugee status you can then claim like a native. Wonder how much the number of kids diagnosed with ADHD in Eastern Europe has risen in the last few years.....

Join Gordon Brown's party, get a couple of your kids diagnosed with ADHD, and stop working so hard, you'll be quids in. 

Free Ritalin too!

I've never tried kiddy coke!

I've tried entitledto website but never managed to get ot to produce massive figures, will try again.

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy

1 minute ago, longtomsilver said:

These are effectively victorian work houses for the transient poor and we have to compete with this, no thanks. I'll be checking out soon enough.

Yep. The government could sort this out if they really wished to 

19 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

That's the ones! 

Amazing.

20 odd years ago, I was totally bowled over when I met an Eastern Eurpean/ex USSR.

Wow Id say . This is like a James Bond film.

15 years on from EE ascension I can predict nationality by hearing about the crime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4907264/Landlords-35-men-live-squalor-DOCTORS.html

EXCLUSIVE: The landlords of a semi-detached house where 35 Eastern European men were found living illegally in squalor are two doctor brothers and their mother who live a luxury lifestyle, MailOnline can reveal. Council officials and police who raided the house in Queensbury, north west London (bottom right), on Tuesday were shocked to discover the huge number of tenants sleeping on mattresses which were crammed on to the floor of almost every room (top right). The house is jointly owned by doctors Neil Hathi, 31, and his brother Sunil, 30, (bottom left), who both work as doctors and post pictures on Facebook of exotic holidays (inset) and their mother Meenaxi Hathi (top left). Mrs Hathi lives in a five bedroom detached house worth £1.5million (centre), which has two Mercedes cars parked in the driveway in leafy Brockley Avenue in Stanmore, Middlesex. The family say that they rented out the property to a couple and a man six weeks ago and were unaware so many people were living there. They told MailOnline: 'We are not people who would rent out sub standard accommodation.'

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Amazing.

20 odd years ago, I was totally bowled over when I met an Eastern Eurpean/ex USSR.

15 years on from EE ascension I can predict nationality by hearing about the crime.

Give this one a shot!

Thursday, Sep 21st 2017 7PM  15°C 10PM  13°C 5-Day Forecast

Police unable to identify gender or age of severely burned body found in the back garden of a West London home as a man, 40, and woman, 34, are arrested for murder

A neighbour said she smelled a 'weird barbecue' in the back garden of the house 

The body was too badly burned to establish the gender and age of the person

40-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of murder

Locals suggested the victim was a 'young, pretty' French nanny in her 20s

Man in the top floor flat complained to landlord about 'gassy smell' on Tuesday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4906612/Murder-probe-body-London-garden-fire.html#ixzz4tLOAwiiT

6 minutes ago, onlyme said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4907264/Landlords-35-men-live-squalor-DOCTORS.html

EXCLUSIVE: The landlords of a semi-detached house where 35 Eastern European men were found living illegally in squalor are two doctor brothers and their mother who live a luxury lifestyle, MailOnline can reveal. Council officials and police who raided the house in Queensbury, north west London (bottom right), on Tuesday were shocked to discover the huge number of tenants sleeping on mattresses which were crammed on to the floor of almost every room (top right). The house is jointly owned by doctors Neil Hathi, 31, and his brother Sunil, 30, (bottom left), who both work as doctors and post pictures on Facebook of exotic holidays (inset) and their mother Meenaxi Hathi (top left). Mrs Hathi lives in a five bedroom detached house worth £1.5million (centre), which has two Mercedes cars parked in the driveway in leafy Brockley Avenue in Stanmore, Middlesex. The family say that they rented out the property to a couple and a man six weeks ago and were unaware so many people were living there. They told MailOnline: 'We are not people who would rent out sub standard accommodation.'

Success!  We have found our proverbial doctors. Only the engineers to find now. :)

6 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Give this one a shot!

Thursday, Sep 21st 2017 7PM  15°C 10PM  13°C 5-Day Forecast

Police unable to identify gender or age of severely burned body found in the back garden of a West London home as a man, 40, and woman, 34, are arrested for murder

A neighbour said she smelled a 'weird barbecue' in the back garden of the house 

The body was too badly burned to establish the gender and age of the person

40-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of murder

Locals suggested the victim was a 'young, pretty' French nanny in her 20s

Man in the top floor flat complained to landlord about 'gassy smell' on Tuesday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4906612/Murder-probe-body-London-garden-fire.html#ixzz4tLOAwiiT

Albanian.

6 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Monthly (ish)

housing benefit £450 

council tax benefit £100

working tax credits £250

working on the side £500

Double or even treble HB for London S/E and then add in some child benefit 

I think money week did an price using gov data and the average country wide based on two kids IIRC  was £32k 

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Amazing.

One of the mums on our school run is a sergeant on the WMids police forces murder squad and her remit only extends to working on cases where the perpetrators/victims are Eastern Europeans AFAIK for all other murders there is only one other team -   Speaks volumes really.