• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

This dead kayaking headteacher.

Now, I know she could have got the money from someother mean - inheritance, lottery win etc etc.

And no one deserves to be rped murdered with their throat slit ...

But ....

16th October 2013

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10740055.Headteacher_promises_to_restore_Knollmead_Primary_School_after_inadequate_Ofsted/?ref=ar

12th September 2014

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11468767.Knollmead_headteacher_who_vowed_to_turn_around_Ofsted_inadequate_rated_school_will_not_return__for_a_period_of_time_/?ref=ar

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/emma-kelty-familys-tribute-to-dearly-loved-and-determined-explorer-murdered-on-solo-kayak-trip-to-a3638801.html

' He had met Ms Kelty, who had quit her job at Knollmead Primary School, Surbiton to go travelling, before her trip to help her plan for the journey. '

'The self-confessed adrenaline junkie had only begun serious kayaking earlier this year - just weeks after skiing a return solo journey to the South Pole. She became the sixth woman to ski unassisted to the South Pole in January.

She also completed a 2,600-mile solo hike across the US among other challenges.'

In terms of time + money these are in the same league as going interrailing or youth hosteling.

Anyhow, if she wanted a dangerous expedition with an almost certain chance of death ... why did she just not go out for a drink near London bridge?

2 minutes ago, Panther said:

Solo to the South Pole, so she had a guide in Peru but none was needed in Antarctica, sounds bullshit to me

Sounds expensive to me.

Shes not got to get lost o nthe amazon, just paddle til it runs out.

(just googled) Fuck ~7000 miles FFS.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

I reckon a solo ski to the south pole must be 6 figures....

Maybe she was suicidal... Stuff like the South Pole and the Amazon is stuff really only suited to Special Forces types.

The outfit that I've done a few courses with will take you to the South Pole. From vague memory it was somewhere in the region of 50 to 60k.

1 hour ago, Panther said:

Solo to the South Pole, so she had a guide in Peru but none was needed in Antarctica, sounds bullshit to me

I'd call bullshit on that too, you're not allowed just to go off for a bimble in somewhere like Antarctica. A lot of it is restricted to science bods only.

One thing is for sure, the woman was fucking minted to be doing trips of this calibre.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The outfit that I've done a few courses with will take you to the South Pole. From vague memory it was somewhere in the region of 50 to 60k.

I'd call bullshit on that too, you're not allowed just to go off for a bimble in somewhere like Antarctica. A lot of it is restricted to science bods only.

One thing is for sure, the woman was fucking minted to be doing trips of this calibre.

She did the pacific crest trail before antartica thats 100 days of hiking 30 miles a day

Pro Athletes can do it in 2 months 

Edited by WorkingPoor

The trail is 2,650 miles and it generally takes the entire snow-free season to walk. That's about 5 months. Elite athletes who are experienced on the PCT have finished the trail in as little as two months. The few who achieve sub-100 day hikes average well over 30 miles per day.

She was certainly fit, i suppose taking armed guards on a kayak trip means alot more expense, even if you can find some willing to do it and take on any pirates etc 

Edited by WorkingPoor

7 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Lots of vanity and ego "6th woman in the world to ski solo (unassisted) to the South Pole ", I mean who gives a shit about some 40 year old woman with a fucking twitter/travel blog taking selfies in places which a shit ton of others have been. "oh look at me with this poor local look how fucking cultured and well travelled i am", probably thought she was a modern Marco Polo after she got off her 7 hour Virgin Atlantic flight. She even gets told few days before she's going to get robbed and killed yet obviously ignored the locals. You're going past all these natives who haven't got a pot to piss in carrying 5k to 10ks worth of a gear and you're a lone woman, what the fuck do you think is going to happen?

There's this western woman disease where they think the rules of the west apply everywhere else, like that woman who went touring round the middle east on her own to prove that the middle east is safe and that the men aren't rapists or murderers, then gets herself raped and murdered.

At least we had a video of this - well just up to when things when wrong.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

At least we had a video of this - well just up to when things when wrong.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people end up getting killed by locals not even for the money, but for the disrespect of going to other countries, rubbing their wealth, while dressed head to toe in expensive "adventure" clothes, in the locals faces with the attitude of "you can't touch me and i'm on my own to prove it, I'm a rich white woman who votes for the Green party"

7 minutes ago, gibbon said:

You know I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people end up getting killed by locals not even for the money, but for the disrespect of going to other countries, rubbing their wealth, while dressed head to toe in expensive "adventure" clothes, in the locals faces with the attitude of "you can't touch me and i'm on my own to prove it, I'm a rich white woman who votes for the Green party"

Western Female Priviledge hasn't got to South America methinks.

1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

Mother died of cancer then recently her father died (inheritance)

And she sold her flat in knightsbridge or london somewhere so she probably had a few bob.

She was 43.

She had 2 siblings, so shed have a third.

Afaict she left her job in 2014, 3 years ago. In the last 3 years - with no income - shes had at least 2 very expensive adventures.

Ill wave these facts at the whinging teachers i know.

I should add that Im not doubtimg she did these adventures.

My eyebrows are raised at cost - money and time required.

I left my job in 2014 with redundancy had 9 holidays sun & ski and bought a car, i'm still going with no job lol Blew £48k 

Might spend the last of it on a trip up the  Amazon lol

Sometimes people just pack it all in and take off to do the things they want

Edited by WorkingPoor

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I left my job in 2014 with redundancy had 9 holidays sun & ski and bought a car, i'm still going with no job lol Blew £48k 

Might spend the last of it on a trip up the  Amazon lol

Shed have blown more than thst one one of jollies.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Shed have blown more than thst one one of jollies.

Yeah granted i only went as far afield as the Algarve and Austria lol 

Apparently you can do the Pacific crest trail for £5-8k so not to expensive for 100 days hiking / camping

Edited by WorkingPoor

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

She was 43.

She had 2 siblings, so shed have a third.

Afaict she left her job in 2014, 3 years ago. In the last 3 years - with no income - shes had at least 2 very expensive adventures.

Ill wave these facts at the whinging teachers i know.

She may have been diagnosed with an illness.

3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Parents both died of cancer

There you go. Possible that she had a terminal diagnosis. Possible that she knew she only had X years until she possibly was diagnosed. Poor woman.

We're all bitching her but perhaps she lived more than all of us. Terrible way to go though.