DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What is wrong with the Welsh?

Libspero

37 minutes ago, Big Boy said:

I live in Norfolk.  I only see old people behaving this way.

Yes, they were all old. But you don't see any old people down here where I live doing it now.

They still wear masks,  but this is because they are the War Generation and understand sacrifice.

:S

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Does the thread title assume we know what's wrong with the Scots, English, and Northern Irish?  Or just the Scots if we're just talking about passes and a breakdown of democracy (by which party still being tbd)?

I'm not deliberately singling out the Welsh..  I was just shocked to go there and find out they were still living in the Covid dark ages.   It was like going to a place back in time where people still burn witches.     I guess I've just got used to living normally again.

I expect if I'd visited Scotland the thread title would have been exactly the same but with "Scottish".

Anywhere still wearing masks or hiding in fear basically.

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I'm not deliberately singling out the Welsh..  I was just shocked to go there and find out they were still living in the Covid dark ages.   It was like going to a place back in time where people still burn witches.     I guess I've just got used to living normally again.

I expect if I'd visited Scotland the thread title would have been exactly the same but with "Scottish".

I went on a trip to Wales over the summer and felt exactly the same. 

It was like England 6 months prior, but with more sheep (in both the actual and derogatory sense) I suppose it shows how the fear is pumped down on the masses from tptb. 

Same virus, different policies. 

I do wonder if the tories are shining a light on devolved parliaments and giving them enough rope.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Rollseyes

Always been a wannabe communist state. Makes sense the way it's going there.

I know a few people from Cardiff and they would all retire to North Korea given the chance.

• Lol 1

One percent
13 hours ago, Rowley said:

Fudge and Tom Jones. Can’t think of anything else.

Are you saying that Tom is gay?  O.o

• Informative 1
  • Bogged 1

Syd Germs
23 hours ago, Rowley said:

Fudge and Tom Jones. Can’t think of anything else.

Amazingly, just one small area just East of Swansea (Neath/Port Toilet) has produced four world famous actors. (Burton, Hopkins, Milland, Sheen).

Bit like that Argentine town that produced loads of top tennis players. Just 100,000 population but at one point had 5 or 6 top 100 players.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Syd Germs said:

Amazingly, just one small area just East of Swansea (Neath/Port Toilet) has produced four world famous actors. (Burton, Hopkins, Milland, Sheen).

Bit like that Argentine town that produced loads of top tennis players. Just 100,000 population but at one point had 5 or 6 top 100 players.

You can find similar in Salford :Old:

19 hours ago, Rollseyes said:

Always been a wannabe communist state. Makes sense the way it's going there.

I couldn't wait to escape having been trapped there for 29 years.  I breathed a massive sigh of relief when I passed over the Severn Bridge back to normality for good.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Battenberg
1 hour ago, janch said:

I couldn't wait to escape having been trapped there for 29 years.  I breathed a massive sigh of relief when I passed over the Severn Bridge back to normality for good.

That’s how I feel when we go on holiday in England. It’s always nice to go home. 

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

Battenberg
On 11/10/2021 at 13:22, Libspero said:

I was chatting with a bloke on the weekend who’d come over from Bristol. He was shocked at all the masks and excessive amount of chairs put in front of the counter in Subway. 2 chairs deep to keep you well back. I wasn’t in a mask and said the usual ‘it’s all bullshit’ line. 

Long time lurking
On 11/10/2021 at 07:04, MrPin said:

Shirley Bassey, and Budgie.

The best rock band that never was ,i can member Burke Shelly working in Spiller records 

Long time lurking
On 11/10/2021 at 11:00, spunko said:

I don't think it's necessarily a Welsh thing. The further away you are from London or a big city, the more terrified people are of COVID. I noticed when I went to Norfolk recently, it felt like April 2020 still. People were still social distancing and jumping out of your way. I go to Wales fairly often and it's similar over there, albeit I don't go to Cardiff or the bigger places so they may be less mental.

It`s the same as London far les fear in Cardiff compared to even a few miles down the road 

Long time lurking
On 11/10/2021 at 13:56, Reck B said:

I went on a trip to Wales over the summer and felt exactly the same. 

It was like England 6 months prior

It`s amazing the effect masks have ,they were introduced here about a month after England what you seen this summer in Wales was exactly the same for England back then ,people jumping into the road when passing on the pavement while it was still like a scrum here in Wales that changed on a sixpence when they were eventually introduced 

It was at this point that my suspicions turned into certainty ,that it was no longer about a virus and masks were all about instilling fear 

• Agree 4

ashestoashes
4 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

The best rock band that never was ,i can member Burke Shelly working in Spiller records 

I saw them a couple of times, loud in a small venue

I saw Ashton, Gardner and Dyke when I worked at a cabaret club. They did the Sunday afternoon and immediately got paid off. They had decided that they wanted the week off so turned everything up to 11 and as expected, they got paid off.

I was used to feeling the drinks tray I carried vibrate when I walked past one of the speakers. Those guys were so loud that I could feel my spine vibrate.

• Informative 1

On 11/10/2021 at 06:19, Libspero said:

And by that..  I mean those dicking about at being in charge there.

Covid hasn’t been a threat since all the old folk got vaccinated leading up to the summer,  yet when I went last weekend they were still making people wear face masks.   Not only that, they have now just announced medical passports for clubs and events.  

Are they on a different planet?  Or is it just a power trip?

The f*ck are they afraid of?  O.o

To be honest, the "show us your papers" breed are the normal ones these days; which is why it feels as if you're living on a different planet.

Edited by Hancock
  • Agree 3

@Libspero If Wales is making you having to show your papers, i'd be emigrating to England. (or somewhere better)

I'm just back from mainland Europe, and i had to show my double vax papers and a form where they can locate where i've been in all hotels and restaurants i visited ... then they weren't going to let me leave their country and come back to England as i didn't have a "traveller locator form" filled out. (masks were mandatory on transport and in hotels)

England is bad but that sort if shite is on a whole new level.

The cunts running England know if they bring vaxx passports in for entertainment places of varying sorts then they'll go out of business.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

King Penda
On 12/10/2021 at 19:29, Long time lurking said:

Influenced all the big rock thrash bands ie megadeath Metallica anthrax I’m not sure about slayer

1 hour ago, Hancock said:

England is bad but that sort if shite is on a whole new level.

I would frame it as England are the best of a bad bunch.

I thought UK gov were being "as liberal as they could under the prevailing hysteria" but then a scientific advisory group recommended that vaccines had limited benefit for children and advised against mandating (or even offering) them.

The government then proceeded to announce that they would be ignoring that advice..  so..   hmm..

In contrast to the UK..  the US (Biden) are "going full retard" and are now mandating that any company that does work for the government must vaccinate all of their US staff.

Our company have just announced all US staff will need to be vaccinated by January or lose their jobs.  Presumably because we sell a tiny quantity of product to universities (my guess).

That has gone down about as well as you might imagine...

• Informative 1