DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Very cross country.

Straingone

Straingone
2 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

There's going to be big consequences in the future. I was never told as a child that I had to "stand up to these idiots" by my dad, because there weren't any idiots to stand up to.

Now he knows (your son) that they are idiots and that you don't have to follow their rules if you don't want to.

How that works out in the end I don't know.

Hopefully the world will become a better place.

• Agree 6
  • Love 1
  • Cheers 1

Straingone
5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

the golden years of 1945-1970 were only possible because TPTB were terrified the masses were going to revolt and knew how to use weapons.

humans are predictable.  if the government fears the people, overall happiness goes up.  That's a simple fact.

Sadly there is no Constitution or Second Amendment here in the Uk. We can but dream.

1 minute ago, Straingone said:

Sadly there is no Constitution or Second Amendment here in the Uk. We can but dream.

Magna Carta?

• Lol 1

10 hours ago, XswampyX said:

I was never told as a child that I had to "stand up to these idiots" by my dad..

Bless my dad, who had my back and showed me twice.  Once to a whole bar and once to a judge!  How did I feel?  "Fecking legend!" and proud.

Spoiler:  The judge agreed!

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Straingone said:

My biggest concern was for my son. so I explained to him that only by standing up to these idiots would anything change and that the best thing that could happen would have been for every parent to take the same course of action that we had taken. Thankfully he understood the complete lunacy of these people, and although disappointed he put a very brave face on it. 

Best thing was that it started pissing down as we drove off, so we both ended up laughing about it in the car.

I hope you both live long and prosper so you can joke about this for many years.  You legend!

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

In the old days...you had teachers and you had kids.  Teachers were left alone to do their job.

Then TPTB decided to take over and control education with a so-called National Curriculum.  A tool designed to degrade teachers with public inspections....nothing to do with raising standards imho.

Then they introduced a whole army of 'classroom helpers'.  That's when the real problems started.  Some are good and add value, but the majority are thick as shit individuals with no imagination, and spend all day shouting at kids feeling important.  And that's probably the wanker who came over to you.  Thick as shit.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1

OurDayWillCome
7 minutes ago, Straingone said:

It didn't take long for the blowback. The Head called today as he had two complaints about me taking my son away yesterday.

You should have replied that the only two people who had any grounds to complain were yourself and your son… for being exposed to such bullshit.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Straingone
1 minute ago, eight said:

I've been in a low level war of words with the Head at daughter's school pretty much throughout. I find it fun to approach our exchanges like an exasperated teacher having to deal with an uncomprehending child.

It is fascinating that the Head took a tone like he was admonishing a child when talking to me today. Equally fascinating how it changed when I told him that.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

The Grey Man
4 minutes ago, Straingone said:

It didn't take long for the blowback. The Head called today as he had two complaints about me taking my son away yesterday. I asked him of there were any more events that included covid regulations that he should let me know beforehand so I didn't need to deal with any of the idiots.

A while ago I mentioned that I had warned the Head that he needed to carefully consider his position and how he dealt with this pandemic. The heartening thing is that I arrived back from my sons school football tournament  this afternoon where there was no attention payed whatsoever to covidiocy.

I must be losing my touch if I only managed to upset two people.

Standing up to this is so important.

The edge thrown back is anti vax. I have made a long point of agreeing with a vaccination ( the place where we started, unsure, liable high risk of morbidity or mortality to the very obvious high risk targets)...to the place were at a year hence when most don't recall the original, stated objectives. Or the ever changing results on cases with the vaccinated.

I hate to say it, but will. Child grooming. Sick.

Showing a standard, you give guts to others who think that something is just not right. I understand why they might dodge below the parapet.

Lead by example. Never ask anyone for something you would not do yourself. As you have done.

• Agree 8

Straingone
2 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

You should have replied that the only two people who had any grounds to complain were yourself and your son… for being exposed to such bullshit.

Do not upset their feelings for goodness sake, you or your children's feelings are not as important obviously.

• Agree 1

OurDayWillCome
5 minutes ago, Straingone said:

Do not upset their feelings for goodness sake, you or your children's feelings are not as important obviously.

Like you, I’m bringing my daughter up to not give a crap about the feelings of these idiots.

• Agree 2
  • Love 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Straingone said:

It didn't take long for the blowback. The Head called today as he had two complaints about me taking my son away yesterday

Who the fuck does he think he is

Straingone
3 minutes ago, Panther said:

Who the fuck does he think he is

The complaints were more to do with the way that I dealt with the teachers/enforcers. They get a bit upset when you treat them with the respect that they deserve.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Straingone said:

The complaints were more to do with the way that I dealt with the teachers/enforcers. They get a bit upset when you treat them with the respect that they deserve.

That's the standard response when "they" have nothing else.

• Agree 1