DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

My current brush with Delta

Turned Out Nice Again

JoeDavola

Yep sounds almost exactly the same as my experience of covid. Glad you're getting better.

I would guess the fact that you're a lean healthy 60-something, far leaner than the average person over 35 in the UK really, must have helped.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 6

A tremendous # on the lung
30 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

I have been contected by track & trace

Is that still going? xD seriously, what's the point

• Agree 8
  • Lol 1

20 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Have you shat yourself yet ? It can give you the runs

That's how mine started from Hull + a sore throat. Then the following week sneezing and a dripping nose.

I blame being spiked in a Sam Smith's pensioners pub full of shedders.

• Informative 1

I had very mild COVID symptoms but they hung around (long COVID?)

Then a couple of weeks ago I got the flu, again mild symptoms (unlike Ms O5 who went full death's door).

All the symptoms cleared at the same time and I'm now back to my fairly normal 64 year old self.

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Turned Out Nice Again
24 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

No digestive problems as yet.

Don't know if it's relevant but maybe I avoided the gut involvement by trying not to swallow the phlegm I bring up, instead spitting it out into a cup by the bed. Just a thought.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Don't know if it's relevant but maybe I avoided the gut involvement by trying not to swallow the phlegm I bring up, instead spitting it out into a cup by the bed. Just a thought.

Are Covid particles acid proof? B|

One percent
21 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Is that still going? xD seriously, what's the point

And even if it is, wtaf is a dosbodder doing with it on their phone. O.o

Turned Out Nice Again
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

And even if it is, wtaf is a dosbodder doing with it on their phone. O.o

Steady! I don't have it on my phone but when you register a positive test T&T starts emailing/ texting/ calling you in person.  

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

One percent
1 minute ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Steady! I don't have it on my phone but when you register a positive test T&T starts emailing/ texting/ calling you in person.  

Ah. So the moral of the story is don’t take their test. xD

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
23 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Phlegm doesn't seem to get much of a mention but when I thought I might have had covid last year, I coughed a lot up. Really thick green stuff. Anyway don't want to say too much about that when some people might be getting ready for their tea.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Turned Out Nice Again
34 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah. So the moral of the story is don’t take their test. xD

The downside of registering a positive test is the T&T BS and quarantine requirement. I did it because it quaiifies me for a 6 months NHS Covid pass. And it's a permanent record of my natural immunity if we ever get to mandatory jabs.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 2

JoeDavola
1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The downside of registering a positive test is the T&T BS and quarantine requirement. I did it because it quaiifies me for a 6 months NHS Covid pass. And it's a permanent record of my natural immunity if we ever get to mandatory jabs.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/

Yep I was happy to get a positive result for this very reason.

I consider a recovery on my own better than the vaccine.

• Agree 1

For the third time... I’ll pay good money for someone to swab their shnozz and send off a PCR with my details on it.

:D

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Phlegm doesn't seem to get much of a mention but when I thought I might have had covid last year, I coughed a lot up. Really thick green stuff. Anyway don't want to say too much about that when some people might be getting ready for their tea.

If I've been in a crowded stuffy place I'll blow my nose after to get the coff particles out...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The Delta Coof finally caught up with me last week after 20 months, just when I was starting to think I was bulletproof due to my supplement regime/ possible previous early infection in Dec 2019.

I figure I caught it at a family funeral in London last week, either from a cousin who subsequently tested positive or from the twat coughing his guts out opposite me on the train back home.

Started feeling weariness on the Friday which intensified over Saturday which along with a cough took me to my bed where I sweated through Sunday and most of Monday with the heating maxxed-out. Returned a strong positive LFT test on Tuesday and booked a PCR for Weds which has also just returned positive today.

So far, the symptoms have been just coughing/ sneezing and extreme tiredness, maybe a little bit more tinnitus (could just be from the ibuprofen) - no loss of taste, headache, shortness of breath or undue lung involvement (beyond a bit of clear pleghm). By way of treatment, I doubled-up my supplements and have added-in a 75mg aspirin, a clove of raw garlic pd, Beechams Powders and lo-dose ibuprofen. Symptoms started to subside yesterday and today (7 days in) I'm starting to feel normal again - cough and tiredness almost gone. Barring a relapse, I think I'm through it.

Impressions:
- I really wouldn't have thought this was Covid without the tests as It just seemed like a heavy cold/ flu.
- I have Ivermectin horse paste in reserve that I would have taken if my breathing went south - never happened.
- I am unjabbed (obv) and was wavering about whether to take the PCR and the BS that will come with the positive result but decided it was worth getting a recovered infection on the books (+ follow-up antibody tests) in case the totalitarianism intesifies over winter, as seems likely. At minimum, I can now qualify for a 6 month NHS Covid Pass.
- I have been contacted by track & trace to register recent contacts etc. which I intend to ignore as I haven't been out since my symptoms started. I'm assuming there's no legal requirement to T&T, anybody know?
- I must admit to a slight worry when the symptoms started to bite at the beginning, given my age (63) that I could slide downhill, as my younger brother did when he got the more virulent Alpha last year, but I think I've played my cards just right and, touch wood, should now have robust natural immunity at minimum cost.
- another bonus, since I didn't have much appetite over the week is that I've shed a few unwanted pounds.
- will update thread with any changes.

I clearly wouldn't recommend anyone take such a thing here, but if you were minded to take it the evidence suggests that it would be best taken upon onset of symptoms, rather than upon the infection becoming serious.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

sarahbell
30 minutes ago, Reck B said:

For the third time... I’ll pay good money for someone to swab their shnozz and send off a PCR with my details on it.

How much?

Turned Out Nice Again
37 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I was wondering if they retain any DNA from the swab to verify the swabee? Almost certainly not, I'd guess. Although looking for the matching sex chromasome would be easy enough.

• Informative 1

13 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

How much?

Well I had no takers at £20, none at £50

lets call it £52.75 ?

fuck it, £54

Im desperate to go boarding this season 😆 

Edited by Reck B
  • Lol 2

3 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The Delta Coof finally caught up with me last week after 20 months, just when I was starting to think I was bulletproof due to my supplement regime/ possible previous early infection in Dec 2019.

I figure I caught it at a family funeral in London last week, either from a cousin who subsequently tested positive or from the twat coughing his guts out opposite me on the train back home.

Started feeling weariness on the Friday which intensified over Saturday which along with a cough took me to my bed where I sweated through Sunday and most of Monday with the heating maxxed-out. Returned a strong positive LFT test on Tuesday and booked a PCR for Weds which has also just returned positive today.

So far, the symptoms have been just coughing/ sneezing and extreme tiredness, maybe a little bit more tinnitus (could just be from the ibuprofen) - no loss of taste, headache, shortness of breath or undue lung involvement (beyond a bit of clear pleghm). By way of treatment, I doubled-up my supplements and have added-in a 75mg aspirin, a clove of raw garlic pd, Beechams Powders and lo-dose ibuprofen. Symptoms started to subside yesterday and today (7 days in) I'm starting to feel normal again - cough and tiredness almost gone. Barring a relapse, I think I'm through it.

Impressions:
- I really wouldn't have thought this was Covid without the tests as It just seemed like a heavy cold/ flu.
- I have Ivermectin horse paste in reserve that I would have taken if my breathing went south - never happened.
- I am unjabbed (obv) and was wavering about whether to take the PCR and the BS that will come with the positive result but decided it was worth getting a recovered infection on the books (+ follow-up antibody tests) in case the totalitarianism intesifies over winter, as seems likely. At minimum, I can now qualify for a 6 month NHS Covid Pass.
- I have been contacted by track & trace to register recent contacts etc. which I intend to ignore as I haven't been out since my symptoms started. I'm assuming there's no legal requirement to T&T, anybody know?
- I must admit to a slight worry when the symptoms started to bite at the beginning, given my age (63) that I could slide downhill, as my younger brother did when he got the more virulent Alpha last year, but I think I've played my cards just right and, touch wood, should now have robust natural immunity at minimum cost.
- another bonus, since I didn't have much appetite over the week is that I've shed a few unwanted pounds.
- will update thread with any changes.

Thanks for the informative post, and glad you are on the mend 👍🏻

• Cheers 1

sarahbell
7 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Well I had no takers at £20, none at £50

lets call it £52.75 ?

fuck it, £54

Im desperate to go boarding this season 😆 

Lol clearly not that desperate

• Cheers 1

Long time lurking
3 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

I am unjabbed (obv) and was wavering about whether to take the PCR and the BS that will come with the positive result but decided it was worth getting a recovered infection on the books (+ follow-up antibody tests) in case the totalitarianism intesifies over winter, as seems likely. At minimum, I can now qualify for a 6 month NHS Covid Pass.

It`s never been about excluding anyone it`s been about including everyone ,everyone will be offered a pass regardless of infection jabs (see care workers now able to self declare medical exemption ) the game is to blag everyone into excepting them 

The only way to beat this is not to comply ,your recovered infection qualification is you choosing to comply ,,,that is the end game  

• Agree 8