DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

My current brush with Delta

Turned Out Nice Again

steppensheep
10 hours ago, Mental Floss said:

I’m having that too. Nothing like trying to sleep in a pool of sweat.... I appear to have become some sort of liquid generating machine....

At risk of stating the obvious, I find laying on a big towel on the bed is quite pleasant, not hot and scratchy like you might think. Needs less frequent washing than sheets.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Took me 4 hours today to get out of the house to go shopping. I was shuffling around the supermarket like a 70 yo. But the stuff I got seems to be helping. Also the mere fact of getting out of bed. I fell better tonight than I have for a while.

Really pleased to hear that you're feeling better.

A tremendous # on the lung
11 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

A bath would be good though. I suffer with sinus problems. A hot bath where you can lower your head beneath the water for several minutes is fantastic for easing sinus pain all over the head and face. Or not too hot water fannels on your face.

Same here, that's what makes the man flu a real PITA. I've often been tempted to stand under the shower all day long

2 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Took me 4 hours today to get out of the house to go shopping. I was shuffling around the supermarket like a 70 yo. But the stuff I got seems to be helping. Also the mere fact of getting out of bed. I fell better tonight than I have for a while.

well, that's another bunch of people who were in the shop infected then.... :S

• Lol 1

Glad you're starting to feel better. My experience has been much less unpleasant so far.

Double jabbed (may and july) and generally healthy 38yo, caught the bug some two weeks ago. Started with somewhat elevated temperature for half a day (37.5 and such), then turned into slightly runny nose and increasingly sore throat which peaked 3 days later and it's been improving ever since. I'd describe it as a mild cold, albeit with a much longer tail as my airways are still not 100% clear (but not to the point of annoyance anymore).

Only did LF tests during that time because obviously, duh!

I ate raw garlic, drank our patented homemade cold medicine* and did lots of Olbas oil infusions to clear the airways. Stayed active and could feel I was slightly weaker in my workouts but nothing dramatic.

* Ginger root, onion, curcumine, garlic & chilli peppers, all shredded together and put in a jar of apple cider vinegar. Two or three spoonfuls twice a day and your cold is a goner.

Edit: quite likely got it from my kids who had some symptoms a few days earlier. The older one looked a bit tired and complained about stomach pain for a day, the younger had fever for a day and a half (topped at 38.5 so just we just let it pass without meds) and then a bit of a cough for the next few.

Edited by kibuc
  • Informative 4

1 hour ago, kibuc said:

Glad you're starting to feel better. My experience has been much less unpleasant so far.

Double jabbed (may and july) and generally healthy 38yo, caught the bug some two weeks ago. Started with somewhat elevated temperature for half a day (37.5 and such), then turned into slightly runny nose and increasingly sore throat which peaked 3 days later and it's been improving ever since. I'd describe it as a mild cold, albeit with a much longer tail as my airways are still not 100% clear (but not to the point of annoyance anymore).

Only did LF tests during that time because obviously, duh!

I ate raw garlic, drank our patented homemade cold medicine* and did lots of Olbas oil infusions to clear the airways. Stayed active and could feel I was slightly weaker in my workouts but nothing dramatic.

* Ginger root, onion, curcumine, garlic & chilli peppers, all shredded together and put in a jar of apple cider vinegar. Two or three spoonfuls twice a day and your cold is a goner.

Edit: quite likely got it from my kids who had some symptoms a few days earlier. The older one looked a bit tired and complained about stomach pain for a day, the younger had fever for a day and a half (topped at 38.5 so just we just let it pass without meds) and then a bit of a cough for the next few.

Good info. 

As a healthy 38 year old if anything I would say your 'experience' from what we hear is average.

And this is all I hear from people who have been double jabbed.  I see nothing in the stats we are given or in any anecdotal evidence to support the claims thee things offer any type of 'protection' at all. 

In the general vaguely healthy public anyway. 

• Agree 1

3 days since my positive test and I'm pretty much back to normal. I've worked every day, walked the dog twice a day and just got on with it. Not sleeping properly has been a bigger issue for me than wanting to sleep all day. A 12hr sleep sounds amazing :CryBaby:

• Informative 1