• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Trump outfit for halloween at Poundland

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

IIRC Trump has a crazy amount of trademark protection. 

Yup.  They need to be careful.

--------

Funnily enough, I went into a pound shop the other day (don't that often, but they're good for crap stuff).  Anyway, I go to the counter with my single (crappy) item and the guy says '£2 please'.  I said 'I thought this was a pound shop?', then left the item at the counter.  We're living in strange times.

49 minutes ago, dgul said:

Yup.  They need to be careful.

Having said that I could paper my house with cease and desist letters from expensive lawyers.

With IP legal battles a shot across the bows type letter is actually a sign of weakness and prejudices any future action. Unlike other legal scenarios you need to go straight to court.

They got all this stuff in expecting a State Visit by him this year; when this didn't happen they had a load of unsold stock and this is one attempt to shift it.  There was a story in the local press about it quoting Poundland.

8 hours ago, SNACR said:

Having said that I could paper my house with cease and desist letters from expensive lawyers.

Female lawyers are the best, very easy to get them responding with a trail of increasingly bloated 'I said, you said' recrimination emails at £xxx per hour

Edited by Panther

On 22/09/2017 at 03:54, SNACR said:

With IP legal battles a shot across the bows type letter is actually a sign of weakness and prejudices any future action. Unlike other legal scenarios you need to go straight to court.

Ha yeah got a nice big collection myself. Used to enjoy reading through and seeing the bits where they left the mail merge tags in "[insert clients name here]" or a few pages later would leave in the name of the last person they used the template on. I was saddened when I'd finally receive the last letter, not sure of the legal name of it, the one which they are meant to send to the court to start action but instead send it to you saying "stop or we'll do this", the one judges apparently blow up on if they send them to defendants? Sad because I knew that was the last time they'd charge my fuckwit competitor £500 for fuck all.