DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Adele is back

RJT1979

blobloblob

All that money and won't even fork out for a colour camera, tight-fisted twat.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

Roger_Mellie
4 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

She used to be a thin Mama Cass.

Now she's a fat Belinda Carlisle.

Whining shit, same as always.

Fucking rubbish.

Two good songs:

Rolling in the deep and Set fire to the rain. All the rest is 'blah blah blah' 

• Agree 5

Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Two good songs:

'Someone like you' or whatever its title was her best IMO.

I haven't listened to popular music stations for years but I still hear the odd one on the local station and would say that Adele and Ed Sheeran are the only two popsters of the last twenty years that have really stood out for me.

The only other ones I could name are the X factor types because the tabloids have an obsession with them.  I have nothing against Stacey Solomon for example but she doesn't seem to do anything yet still regularly gets into the papers like a non-sordid version of Katie Price.

• Lol 1

OurDayWillCome

As the saying goes…

Once you go back there’s no turning black.

Sorry, wrong singer.

Percy Hotspur

Who cares? Pop music is dead. Adele ain't gonna revive its rotting carcass. The only ones that are hailing her, are magazines and newspapers,desperate for something to write about. 

Next week, it'll be Katie Price launching her new pop career. 

• Agree 3

Percy Hotspur
32 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Two good songs:

One good song: Chasing Pavements, which I thought was excellent. 

Everything else is mediocre. 

Percy Hotspur
24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I haven't listened to popular music stations for years but I still hear the odd one on the local station and would say that Adele and Ed Sheeran are the only two popsters of the last twenty years that have really stood out for me.

The only other ones I could name are the X factor types because the tabloids have an obsession with them.  I have nothing against Stacey Solomon for example but she doesn't seem to do anything yet still regularly gets into the papers like a non-sordid version of Katie Price.

I'd like Ed Sheeran to do a cover of 'Welcome home' by Peters and Lee. That'd be nice to hear. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

58 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Two good songs:

I wouldn't put them in the top 5

crashmonitor
25 minutes ago, Percy Hotspur said:

Who cares? Pop music is dead. 

We were once second only to the US in our pop output to the world with scores of world rated composers( say 1960 to 1990). For whatever reason, we have become unable to produce original tunes. 

On Adele, Rolling in the Deep imo was quality. But go back a few decades and the likes of Clapton, Lennon, Stevens, Gibb etc. had huge catalogues of quality compositions.

• Agree 2

Percy Hotspur
14 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

We were once second only to the US in our pop output to the world with scores of world rated composers( say 1960 to 1990). For whatever reason, we have become unable to produce original tunes. 

On Adele, Rolling in the Deep imo was quality. But go back a few decades and the likes of Clapton, Lennon, Stevens, Gibb etc. had huge catalogues of quality compositions.

Pop music now:

C /// G /// Am /// F ///  repeat for 3 minutes. Fade out. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

SpectrumFX
2 minutes ago, Percy Hotspur said:

Pop music now:

Let it be, let it be...

xD

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

20 years is a long time. I’d add Amy Winehouse, supremely talented with unique voice.

11 minutes ago, Percy Hotspur said:

Pop music now:

Thats most of my compositions I think but not deliberately.

This must be annoying for her ex-husband. Not that she is using the divorce as song material but that she was obese all those years but only got into shape after the divorce. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Liberty said:

20 years is a long time. I’d add Amy Winehouse, supremely talented with unique voice.

You not seen the sordid soloman photos?

Percy Hotspur
3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Let it be, let it be...

xD

Yup, same chords, though they also did Strawberry Fields as well, which was quite adventurous, melodically and harmonically. 😜 Modern pop music is just formulaic I-V-VI-IV in the main now. That said, I am a 55 year old bloke and not a 12 year old target audience member. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Two good songs:

I've had a listen to a few and you might be right.  Those two songs are rather easy to like.  The others less so.

25 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

Someone like you

Hometown glory 

When we were young

Hello 

Easy on me

Top 5

Technically they're good and I'm sure that you can like them immensely.  But they're not easily listened to, and I'm surprised that people are so keen on her.

I think she might be a bit like jazz, in that it clearly is a more advanced music that might reward someone that takes the effort to listen, but most people merely say they like jazz just because it is a sign of being cultured (or something), but privately they just want to listen to The Spice Girls / Meatloaf / Blur*.  It was similar with Winehouse, frankly.

Personally, I find her music rather samey -- perhaps even dull.  I can listen to a single song but not more than that in a single sitting.  But that's just me, other opinions are also valid.

[* I deliberately chose 'old music' here -- youngsters listen to contemporary music in a different way and aren't included in this analysis]

• Agree 2

Percy Hotspur
7 minutes ago, Liberty said:

'Take the box' by Amy Winehouse - a top tune. Alas, I detested 'Valerie'. 

Amy Winehouse - perfect, flawed icon for the newspapers. If Princess Diana was a pop star, she'd be Amy. 

• Agree 1