DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Air fryer

afly

Question

Cooking food with nothing but hot air... So an oven then? The blurb always says low/no oil but I'm guessing that just means non-stick? The taste that oil provides is a thing and it absence will be obvious.

I know I'm missing something here as they are popular devices but short of buying one I can't suss them out. How have you guys got on with them?

4 answers to this question

belfastchild
21 hours ago, afly said:

Cooking food with nothing but hot air... So an oven then? The blurb always says low/no oil but I'm guessing that just means non-stick? The taste that oil provides is a thing and it absence will be obvious.

I know I'm missing something here as they are popular devices but short of buying one I can't suss them out. How have you guys got on with them?

Have hardly used my oven since I bought one. Im single though so a lot less electricity than heating up an oven just for one set of portions of things.
I bought a mini grill separator thing to give me two layers in mine. Bought a cheap one out of lidl to see how it went and have to say one of the best things Ive bought.

With everything it does have its limitations but as a cheaper than an over reheater which isnt a microwave its spot on.

I did question these things, along with things like 400w halogen room heaters, 2 ring electric grills, like wtf? But then you realise that houses are getting smaller, more single people, more hmos, more flats etc etc and add in that they are cheaper to run than an oven then it sort of makes sense.

10 hours ago, One percent said:

I go to the chip shop and buy them ready fried in dripping. Yum. :)

Lard arse?

500th post sorry :Jumping:

• Cheers 1