DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Any vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Stinky Wizzleteats

Question

Stinky Wizzleteats

My Vax blade 2 has carked it after a mere two years due to battery issues so not planning on giving them any more money.

Any recommendations? After this farce I'm not looking at cordless again

• Agree 1

14 answers to this question

working woman

I am a self employed cleaner, I clean 7 blocks of flats, hoovering usually takes me 3 1/2 hours a week.

I have been doing it for 2 1/2 years - I will let you work out how many hours of hoovering my hoover has done :)

My husband recommended my hoover to me, he is a care worker and it is what they use at his work.

The Brand is Miele. I wanted a lightweight one and am very happy with it. It cost over £100 (I think £150) and you have to buy and change the bags that collect the dirt - £15 for a box of 8, but they last weeks.

So far very happy with it.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5
  • Cheers 1

Another vote for Miele

I've had the more expensive versions in the past, so around £300ish however when I moved in to my latest flat I got a cheaper version, Classic C1. It's really good and it's no different to the more expensive ones from what I can tell, has less gizmos and buttons but I never used those anyway.

Personally all the cordless I have ever used have been next to useless.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

King Penda

Henry but I fixed a friends dyson they wanted takeing the tip and kept it .I’m waiting for them to fuck their shark up next

• Lol 2

Stinky Wizzleteats

Cheers folks, seems like Miele gets the dosbods vote of approval.

I may get away with it though as Vax are making noises about a repair 🤞

I'm sure Miele are good..   but never used one.

We have a Henry..  has lasted a decade,  and will last another easily.

Plus made in the UK.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Carl Fimble

Wet and dry vacuums can be a lot more powerful as they don't fall under the same category as normal vacuum cleaners, and so don't have to be under X watts.

I've got a cheap Titan (from Screwfix) wet and dry vacuum for the workshop, and a Henry for the house. 

• Informative 4

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Wet and dry vacuums can be a lot more powerful as they don't fall under the same category as normal vacuum cleaners, and so don't have to be under X watts.

I've got a cheap Titan (from Screwfix) wet and dry vacuum for the workshop, and a Henry for the house. 

Ah yes, I have a Karcher one. It's smaller that the one advertised on daytime TV. It's good, but not excellent, as when it falls over you have to reseat the lid. No batteries involved. I'm not sure why you would need a battery one if you have electricity in the house.

• Agree 1

Henry. Mine is 15 years old and still going strong, even though it has been used to clean up after building work, replastering etc. Has taken loads of abuse.

• Agree 1

Carl Fimble
On 29/10/2021 at 01:27, Carl Fimble said:

I should add that the Titan needs bags, unless it's being used as a wet and dry hoover, the bag acts as the filter so If you try hoovering with the bagless bucket full of dry shit cos you forgot to get new bags it sprays dust out.

That outlet is handy though, it's designed so you can pull the hose off the suckling side and move it to the blowing side. Some might fires can be generated in your garden with it, should that be your thing. 

6 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

One of these, filters, bags and all that too :

https://www.screwfix.com/c/auto-cleaning/vacuum-cleaners/cat810152?brand=titan

Great for a static, cheap, powerful, perfect in the corner of a workshop, but probably a bit light and "tilty" for dragging around a house maybe - to be fair even Henries suffer from that when they catch of chair legs and thresholds and topple over - one of the reasons why some might prefer the low profile types. Depends what grinds your gears.

• Agree 1