DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Can you lend me 1.5mil?

sarahbell

24 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Moat farmers i ever speak always moan theyre skint 😂

• Average annual turnover of £680,000 (Pre-covid)

That sounds dreadful; you'd have to let the oiks in Sarah.

What benefit living somewhere remote and beautiful when the inner city types will turn up in their rusting BMWs filled with takeaway food wrappers?

With a crooked smile
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

their rusting BMWs filled with takeaway food wrappers?

You've just described me perfectly. Where some people see a car as a status symbol acrookedsmile sees a car as a glorified skip on wheels. 

41 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

You've just described me perfectly. Where some people see a car as a status symbol acrookedsmile sees a car as a glorified skip on wheels. 

I am slightly eccentric but wanted something that’s rareish and reliable so bought one of these and only one side has a rear door.it’s actually a 3 door car 4 if you count the hatchback .not a status symbol but definitely different .ps we all flash each other like the old spitfire and land rover owners used to do

AF992DFA-7F7D-4169-A392-51884AF676F2.jpeg

49 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I'd question that figure.

Or at least the margins they get.

They are offering the shop and cafe on leases .. they ran one themselves I think previously but currently income is probably low.

I wouldn't want people coming in. It'd all be mine 

12 hours ago, spygirl said:

I'd question that figure.

Or at least the margins they get.

It's an odd way of presenting income, since farmer's profit margins are indeed horrendously low. For a set up like that you are creating a bit of a rod for your own  back, anything over 100 acres is a 70 hour week even with outworker input.

The turnover does seem high for such a holding though, presumably the shop might be the reason for that, again low margins assumed. Farms of that size with a mixture of animals and hay usually produce a top line of about 300k  and the bottom line (net profit)  is usually in the region of zero to 60k. The top line is soon cut back by repairs and renewals, feeding stuffs, outworkers/ wages, veterinary fees and medicines and depreciations on tractors, vehicles and implements. I spent 30 years doing farm accounts.

1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

It's an odd way of presenting income, since farmer's profit margins are indeed horrendously low. For a set up like that you are creating a bit of a rod for your own  back, anything over 100 acres is a 70 hour week even with outworker input.

The turnover does seem high for such a holding though, presumably the shop might be the reason for that, again low margins assumed. Farms of that size with a mixture of animals and hay usually produce a top line of about 300k  and the bottom line (net profit)  is usually in the region of zero to 60k. The top line is soon cut back by repairs and renewals, feeding stuffs, outworkers/ wages, veterinary fees and medicines and depreciations on tractors, vehicles and implements. I spent 30 years doing farm accounts.

https://www.whitmuir.scot/

The farm shop looks more like a normal shop/mini market, selling everything organic.

Id assume they are trading like a shop but with the low margins that farmers operate on.

Doensnt work for the shop, where they are wholeselling ratehr than growning their own.

https://www.scotsman.com/future-scotland/tech/how-whitmuir-organics-farm-was-transformed-model-farm-2501364

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/SC375967-whitmuir-organics-limited

Archived