DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

November lockdown warm up

Southmartin

Bkkandrew
28 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

But what about people coming in to the country? 

They are clearly mad. Possibly Prion Disease. 

• Agree 1

The Masked Tulip

We are following the same playbook as this time last year. Wales begins talking about lockdowns whilst England sprouts guff about not wanting go do so... but may be forced to. China comes out, on cue, with worries about rising infections there and might need to lockdown.

Last year we had Wales go into lockdown, a few weeks later England did and then Wales got extended to match England. Around the the same time China magically told the world it was having an uptick in infections.

• Agree 5

7 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Welsh media preparing the way 

What the Welsh Government could decide in this week's coronavirus review as cases continue to soar

Rates are the highest they've been, so will this week's review include major changes?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-welsh-government-could-decide-21950481

But....but...but....they cant be! The've got those oh-so effective face masks and Covid Digi ID Card Trackers which must be stopping it surely B|

Oh.

Has anyone in the Welsh government ever heard of Israel, Singapore, Sechelles, Iceland, UAE, Gibralter I wonder o.O

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, Ninja said:

Has anyone in the Welsh government ever heard of Israel, Singapore, Sechelles, Iceland, UAE, Gibralter I wonder o.O

I imagine they have not heard of them in the same way that Germans living a few miles from the concentration camps said that they had no idea they even existed.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, 23rdian said:

We may need to just get used to the fact that the booster campaign needs to happen every six months and prepare for that, so I welcome the fact that government has stepped up the message there.

Safe(ish) and effective (for about 6 months) then?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, leggers said:

I noticed that comment about boosters too.

A booster every 6 months? That's guaranteed to f*ck up everyone's immune system.

• Bogged 1

Red Debt Redemption
1 hour ago, leggers said:

'Up to' 5 months.

54 mins, 101 mins seasonality covered also knocking the media  Dec 20 vs Aug 21 comparison graphs on the head.

And the 14 days after 2nd dose to 'start working' if you want to add a bit more fuel to the mental gymnastics pyre.

So both Sky and BBC news reviews covering the telegraph front page story that some scientists reckon 95% of UK have now had it and case counts will plummet in November signalling the end.

First I don't believe that there are only 5% terrified bedwetters in the UK who've been hiding indoors and neither do I think that group will have caught it.

Interesting is that this story is making MSM. Two minds whether the idea is lift us all up a bit so when they slam us down it'll hurt more. Or if it's truly what they have planned for next.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

We are following the same playbook as this time last year. Wales begins talking about lockdowns whilst England sprouts guff about not wanting go do so... but may be forced to. China comes out, on cue, with worries about rising infections there and might need to lockdown.

Last year we had Wales go into lockdown, a few weeks later England did and then Wales got extended to match England. Around the the same time China magically told the world it was having an uptick in infections.

I suspect we'll go Barrington this winter.

They've achieved whatever the fuck it was that they wanted.

Lockdown Predictors are becoming like economists, forecasting nine recessions out of every two.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Micky Roberts
3 hours ago, BWW said:

So both Sky and BBC news reviews covering the telegraph front page story that some scientists reckon 95% of UK have now had it and case counts will plummet in November signalling the end.

First I don't believe that there are only 5% terrified bedwetters in the UK who've been hiding indoors and neither do I think that group will have caught it.

Interesting is that this story is making MSM. Two minds whether the idea is lift us all up a bit so when they slam us down it'll hurt more. Or if it's truly what they have planned for next.

The case count will be whatever suits the government's purpose.

Dictating the number of tests per day, adjusting the testing cycle rate and reliance on false positives will give any number they want.

Similarly the death rate with or from the virus is easy to manipulate. There will be plenty of excess deaths due to the lack of NHS healthcare over the last eighteen months.

• Agree 11

16 hours ago, BWW said:

Slow news day? 

Im not sure how these predictions of falls have been done and given Sage/SpiM's woeful record at predictions (sorry scenarios) I'm not sure these will be any more reliable.

Maybe theyre assuming that most cases relate to kids and they will be more resistant in future naturally.  On the other hand respiratory diseases are more common in winter so might cancel that out with adult cases. 

The "died within 28 days" value is stubbornly stable though suggesting the noisy case numbers are unreliable anyway and a more useful measure.

Austin Allegro
On 25/10/2021 at 04:28, Stuey said:

I suspect we'll go Barrington this winter.

They've achieved whatever the fuck it was that they wanted.

Lockdown Predictors are becoming like economists, forecasting nine recessions out of every two.

I admire your optimism but these people are like the Terminator, they won't stop, ever.

It's like the First World War IMO, vested interests did not want it to end as they were making a lot of money from it, it only ended when Germany was totally exhausted and the European allies not far behind.

• Agree 9

The Grey Man

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-59071373.amp

Hmmm.

3 weeks eh? Now dosen't that just chime with the end of COP?

Quote;

"First Minister Mark Drakeford said: "Over the past three weeks, coronavirus cases have risen sharply to the highest rates we have seen since the pandemic began and more people are falling so seriously ill that they need hospital treatment.

"All this means that the pandemic is far from over. We need to take more action now to strengthen the measures we have in place at alert level zero to prevent coronavirus spreading even further and more people falling seriously ill.

"We hope this action will help to turn the tide of this delta. None of us wants to see a return to restrictions but if rates continue to rise, the cabinet will have no choice but to consider raising the alert level at the next review."

"On Friday, October 29, the First Minister will keep Wales at Alert Level Zero but he warned this could change at the next review in three weeks time"

All I hope for is that these fucktards do not write books or movie scripts.

Wholly preditcable.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

the pandemic 

I am so fucking sick of that false expression being forced into my consciousness

(At BBC not you grey man)

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

The Grey Man
20 minutes ago, Loki said:

I am so fucking sick of that false expression being forced into my consciousness

(At BBC not you grey man)

Its such an annoying get out card to try and cover everything.. the earths dying..covid...the volcanoes are ape shit..covid..and so on.

If out and about and I spot it, someone figuring this does not add up...I just mildly throw obvious things that they know are not fitting right. It helps.

I think the major success of the whole psych ops is to make you feel alone. In turn, don't talk about the non virus aspects that are made virus. You are on your own. Who are you? Read the news to know where it is at.

Let folk know they are not alone. This is not anti vax, not anti covid just reassuring people, isolated, that a whole load of agendas have been thrown on the back of this

People know something  is not right from increasing personal interactions. Usually with those I do not know before.

I dont proffer the answer just a reflection so say, yep, things are not right.

Let that seed germinate and grow.

Edited by The Grey Man
  • Agree 6

On 26/10/2021 at 14:41, Austin Allegro said:

I admire your optimism but these people are like the Terminator, they won't stop, ever.

It's like the First World War IMO, vested interests did not want it to end as they were making a lot of money from it, it only ended when Germany was totally exhausted and the European allies not far behind.

Both outcomes are not great...

1) They achieved what they wanted, meaning they have fucked over and killed people to get their inflation kick started etc.

2) They haven't yet finished with it, meaning we will be fucked over on an ongoing basis.

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
dillinger
1 hour ago, Ash4781b said:

Northern Ireland strengthening measures? I thought it was odd reading a so-called article here and Boris going a bit off script yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Getting bombarded with Covid adverts on radio here. Sick off the Government sponsored propaganda. 

And that fecking wet wipe Mitchell pushing it every day on his radio U105 show.

Far worse than Nolan.

• Informative 1

belfastchild
15 hours ago, dillinger said:

Getting bombarded with Covid adverts on radio here. Sick off the Government sponsored propaganda. 

And that fecking wet wipe Mitchell pushing it every day on his radio U105 show.

Far worse than Nolan.

Nobody else paying for adverts. Govt taking up the slack.

Tells me all I need to know about the economy. They could just be outspending everyone, but I doubt it.

• Agree 3

Wight Flight
4 hours ago, belfastchild said:

Nobody else paying for adverts. Govt taking up the slack.

Tells me all I need to know about the economy. They could just be outspending everyone, but I doubt it.

Or they use it as a method of keeping the stations onside.

Wander off the message we want you to give and kiss your money goodbye.

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Or they use it as a method of keeping the stations onside.

Wander off the message we want you to give and kiss your money goodbye.

The government don't pay much if anything for their propaganda broadcasts on the radio.

https://gcs.civilservice.gov.uk/guidance/marketing/fillers-marketing-service/

It's part of their remit with OFCOM that they let them broadcast their shite or OFCOM will take away the radio station's license. Not making this up.

• Informative 7

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, spunko said:

The government don't pay much if anything for their propaganda broadcasts on the radio.

https://gcs.civilservice.gov.uk/guidance/marketing/fillers-marketing-service/

It's part of their remit with OFCOM that they let them broadcast their shite or OFCOM will take away the radio station's license. Not making this up.

OFCOM again.

No surprise.

• Cheers 1

Been told to make "soft" provision for a potential lockdown at work - no capital spending, keep stocks to bare minimum etc. Not sure if just prudence or if somebody has been given the nod.

• Informative 8

22 minutes ago, eight said:

Been told to make "soft" provision for a potential lockdown at work - no capital spending, keep stocks to bare minimum etc. Not sure if just prudence or if somebody has been given the nod.

cancellations?