Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The Great Levelling Down


Chewing Grass
 Share

Recommended Posts

Chewing Grass

The Great Levelling Down, by 2030 all plebs will be equal both nationally and internationally and Greta, Bill & the WEF will be happy, the plebs will wish they were dead.

They can be taken 2 ways.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bus Stop Boxer

I've not told anyone this yet but.........

Im on a war footing as of 6pm tonight with my own government.

No such undertakings to desist this criminal, evil, pre planned, deliberate, satanic bollox have been received.

 

Signed,

Big Nev.

 

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can call it whatever they want, it's communism and it always ends the same way, and begins again with "But that wasn't real communism"

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

working woman

With the upcoming Climate conference in Glasgow, I had a conversation with my husband this week about what a sustainable lifestyle would look like and how it would be "measured". 

He said to take a look at a website called carbonfootprint.com, where you can work out your personal carbon footprint and what you can do to offset it. It seems that planting 5 trees a year will ofset the average Brits lifestyle each year.

Information from the above website:

        The average footprint for people in United Kingdom is 6.50 tonnes of CO2

        The average for the European Union is about 6.4 tonnes of CO2

        The average worldwide carbon footprint is about 4.8 tonnes of CO2

         The world target by 2050 is 0 tonnes of CO2

 I have family in Australlia and have visited twice and hope to visit again at some point in the future. I calculated the CO2 generated for a return trip from the UK and was shocked to learn it created the same amount of C02  as the average Brits lifestyle for a year.

I said to him, "no wonder the powers that be have reduced the number of flights and are making it more complicated to fly with testing for covid etc, call me cynical"  He doesn't see it, but to me Covid provides a convenient  excuse to reduce flights.

And then we have hundreds of delegates flying in from all over the world for the conference.  I hope they will be planting lots of trees to offset it. Leading by example and all that.

 

 

 
 
  • Agree 8
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myzsterious Mizz Jones
3 hours ago, Stuey said:

The Great Levelling Clown

 

s81p1BE.png

Usain Bolt clown? Honk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
4 hours ago, Loki said:

They can call it whatever they want, it's communism and it always ends the same way, and begins again with "But that wasn't real communism"

With an ice pick?  

  • Agree 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, working woman said:

With the upcoming Climate conference in Glasgow, I had a conversation with my husband this week about what a sustainable lifestyle would look like and how it would be "measured". 

He said to take a look at a website called carbonfootprint.com, where you can work out your personal carbon footprint and what you can do to offset it. It seems that planting 5 trees a year will ofset the average Brits lifestyle each year.

Information from the above website:

        The average footprint for people in United Kingdom is 6.50 tonnes of CO2

        The average for the European Union is about 6.4 tonnes of CO2

        The average worldwide carbon footprint is about 4.8 tonnes of CO2

         The world target by 2050 is 0 tonnes of CO2

 I have family in Australlia and have visited twice and hope to visit again at some point in the future. I calculated the CO2 generated for a return trip from the UK and was shocked to learn it created the same amount of C02  as the average Brits lifestyle for a year.

I said to him, "no wonder the powers that be have reduced the number of flights and are making it more complicated to fly with testing for covid etc, call me cynical"  He doesn't see it, but to me Covid provides a convenient  excuse to reduce flights.

And then we have hundreds of delegates flying in from all over the world for the conference.  I hope they will be planting lots of trees to offset it. Leading by example and all that.

 

 

 
 

It's easy! If you kill a person every time you fly to Australia, Greta will not be angry with you. 

It's nice to have Gods with detailed specification for worship and sacrifices. 

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Lol 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bornagain
1 hour ago, working woman said:

He said to take a look at a website called carbonfootprint.com, where you can work out your personal carbon footprint and what you can do to offset it. It seems that planting 5 trees a year will ofset the average Brits lifestyle each year.

All this talk of planting trees to offset Carbon is likely to be bullshit.

It only means something if the tree never dies, or is made into something with an infinite life and is not burned or allowed to rot.

I would contend that just about every tree that is planted will have been burned or allowed to die and rot in (say) 200 years

Carbon offsetting by planting trees is therefore simply not a long term thing in any realistic manner.

  • Agree 6
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

All this talk of planting trees to offset Carbon is likely to be bullshit.

It only means something if the tree never dies, or is made into something with an infinite life and is not burned or allowed to rot.

I would contend that just about every tree that is planted will have been burned or allowed to die and rot in (say) 200 years

Carbon offsetting by planting trees is therefore simply not a long term thing in any realistic manner.

You're not a gardener are you; any good gardener knows you need a carbon / nitrogen ration of 20~30:1.  And there is no shortage of nitrogen. 

Plant a tree, it grows, it lives, it dies, decomposes and becomes part of the soil structure and another plant grows in its stead, the soil grows, clay becomes carbon rich, habitat grows, woods and forests grow.  The soil gains more nutrition more resistant to erosion. Want to use the carbon for food production, build hugelkultur.

There are many, many options for using plant growth to get carbon back into something productive.  

Grow tree / chop it down again, doesn't work sure (timescale maybe human lifespan or not) but rebuilding our soils needs masses of carbon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, feed said:

You're not a gardener are you; any good gardener knows you need a carbon / nitrogen ration of 20~30:1.  And there is no shortage of nitrogen. 

Plant a tree, it grows, it lives, it dies, decomposes and becomes part of the soil structure and another plant grows in its stead, the soil grows, clay becomes carbon rich, habitat grows, woods and forests grow.  The soil gains more nutrition more resistant to erosion. Want to use the carbon for food production, build hugelkultur.

There are many, many options for using plant growth to get carbon back into something productive.  

Grow tree / chop it down again, doesn't work sure (timescale maybe human lifespan or not) but rebuilding our soils needs masses of carbon.  

I've turned a poor soil, sandy backyard into a vibrant healthy, water holding oasis by doing this.  Composting, recycling all wood and green materials into the soil.  

There are some farmers in Australia who have completely transformed their paddocks by re-carboning their land, after centuries of fires, runoff, and nutrient destruction.  done well, wood and plants can be a massive carbon sink for hundreds of years.

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume it will be a barren monoculture of trees (Pines?), where crops (Food) or animals (Food) were grown/grazed.

 

This is why communism only makes sense when you only look at the numbers.

CO2 baaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaad, said the sheep...

Edited by Loki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, working woman said:

With the upcoming Climate conference in Glasgow, I had a conversation with my husband this week about what a sustainable lifestyle would look like and how it would be "measured". 

He said to take a look at a website called carbonfootprint.com, where you can work out your personal carbon footprint and what you can do to offset it. It seems that planting 5 trees a year will ofset the average Brits lifestyle each year.

Information from the above website:

        The average footprint for people in United Kingdom is 6.50 tonnes of CO2

        The average for the European Union is about 6.4 tonnes of CO2

        The average worldwide carbon footprint is about 4.8 tonnes of CO2

         The world target by 2050 is 0 tonnes of CO2

 I have family in Australlia and have visited twice and hope to visit again at some point in the future. I calculated the CO2 generated for a return trip from the UK and was shocked to learn it created the same amount of C02  as the average Brits lifestyle for a year.

I said to him, "no wonder the powers that be have reduced the number of flights and are making it more complicated to fly with testing for covid etc, call me cynical"  He doesn't see it, but to me Covid provides a convenient  excuse to reduce flights.

And then we have hundreds of delegates flying in from all over the world for the conference.  I hope they will be planting lots of trees to offset it. Leading by example and all that.

 

 

 
 

I hope their planes crash. Some may say that's harsh. I don't. Fuck em. Two mins diving towards the ground thinking about how much of a cunt they have been. 

Please karma - make it happen. 

 

  • Agree 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this posted elsewhere.

Once the system is in place it’s very easy to switch from reward to punishment 

Anti-obesity pilot scheme to reward healthy living with vouchers to be launched in England

People will receive points for increasing their step count and eating more fruit and veg which can be redeemed for gym passes and discounts at selected shops.

 

https://news.sky.com/story/anti-obesity-pilot-scheme-to-reward-healthy-living-with-vouchers-to-be-launched-in-england-12441028

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Inque said:

Not sure if this posted elsewhere.

Once the system is in place it’s very easy to switch from reward to punishment 

Anti-obesity pilot scheme to reward healthy living with vouchers to be launched in England

People will receive points for increasing their step count and eating more fruit and veg which can be redeemed for gym passes and discounts at selected shops.

 

https://news.sky.com/story/anti-obesity-pilot-scheme-to-reward-healthy-living-with-vouchers-to-be-launched-in-england-12441028

Chips are veg bro.

Oh you counter by sweet potato fries?

We can ban those too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lightly Toasted
On 21/10/2021 at 00:23, feed said:

You're not a gardener are you; any good gardener knows you need a carbon / nitrogen ration of 20~30:1.  And there is no shortage of nitrogen. 

Plant a tree, it grows, it lives, it dies, decomposes and becomes part of the soil structure and another plant grows in its stead, the soil grows, clay becomes carbon rich, habitat grows, woods and forests grow.  The soil gains more nutrition more resistant to erosion. Want to use the carbon for food production, build hugelkultur.

There are many, many options for using plant growth to get carbon back into something productive.  

Grow tree / chop it down again, doesn't work sure (timescale maybe human lifespan or not) but rebuilding our soils needs masses of carbon.  

True.

But "planting a tree" in itself doesn't achieve that. It's too simplistic a measure (politicians and other quick-fixers love those).

Imagine a corporation that wants to claim carbon neutrality, sponsoring the saplings and labour to re-plant a forestry block that's just been felled. Technically, according to the "plant a tree" metric they've offset a lot of carbon, but those trees would have been planted anyway -- and would even have regenerated naturally, given time.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

working woman

Nuts that we are chopping down the Amazon and then being encouraged to plant trees to offset.

Edited by working woman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, working woman said:

Nuts that we are chopping down the Amazon and then being encouraged to plant trees to offset.

And the main company telling us to do this and doing it themselves ? 

Amazon.

 

 

 

xD

I'm sure we are just being trolled now. 

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...