DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Abandon your covid dog

MrPin

King Penda
27 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

cyclist on £5000 bike vs scooter gang with machete

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-59000605 

Could we not ban young black men off mopeds and stop this overnight or let Khan simply raise the congestion tax that much no one could afoard to run a moped in London .so they would stand out a mile.

6 minutes ago, Bien Pensant said:

As I've put it so eloquently before on this subject - cunts, pure fucking cunts!

It's wicked by pure thoughtlessness. I do not feel much sympathy for disused Peleton cycles.

• Agree 1

The Masked Tulip

I was about to start a thread about all the new covid dog owners who think they can take up entire paths with their dogs on long, long leads. So many don't pull their dogs out of the way. The arrogance is pissing me off.

I saw one woman today with two dogs on 6 ft leads apiece. Both leads were then join to another lead in a sort of a 3-sided square  which was then joined to a long lead she was holding. Took up the width of a path and a cycle path. 

• Agree 3
  • Lol 1

The Masked Tulip
2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's wicked by pure thoughtlessness. I do not feel much sympathy for disused Peleton cycles.

Why are you talking about peleton bikes? Have you been lurking on gumtree? Are people trying to flog them?

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Why are you talking about peleton bikes? Have you been lurking on gumtree? Are people trying to flog them?

By my amazing tea leaf prediction, I reckon the exercise machines were a fad too.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

ashestoashes
1 hour ago, Option5 said:

This was so predictable.

could we not do a brexit deal to export them to forever homes in Korea ?

• Lol 3

5 hours ago, whitevanman said:

Islington cyclists, known by ordinary people as cunts and twats

Cocoa farmers

8 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I was about to start a thread about all the new covid dog owners who think they can take up entire paths with their dogs on long, long leads. So many don't pull their dogs out of the way. The arrogance is pissing me off.

I saw one woman today with two dogs on 6 ft leads apiece. Both leads were then join to another lead in a sort of a 3-sided square  which was then joined to a long lead she was holding. Took up the width of a path and a cycle path. 

Dog owning cunts piss me off, full stop.

Apart from those that have one that stay a couple of feet from their owner. Those are ok. 

I don't want to be sniffed at, approached or mithered. I don't give a shit if it's "friendly". Want a kick do ya?

• Agree 3

18 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

a sort of a 3-sided square

A triangle? :)

Lead woman will hopefully get her comeuppance when the dogs get those long leads tangled around a tree / a lamppost / other dog leads.

It's a real pity that virus hysteria didn't make dog owners keep their dogs away from strangers. Corona-chan killed sweaty handshakes, why can't she do the same for uncontrolled dogs? I also don't want to be run at, barked at, slobbered on, or jumped on by a dog whose intentions I can't read. Nor do I want to worry about any of that when I see a dog in the distance :(

Frank Hovis

I am really not convinced by these "selfish people abandoning their pets" stories.

I know someone who has been looking out for a reasonable rescue spaniel for a couple of years with no joy and I regularly check my local rescue centres' websites.

The only dogs I see are older dogs with medical problems or digs with behavioural issues which require someone experienced with the particular breed.

I have not seen a single one of the type of dog that people were buying during lockdown - poodle crosses, French bulldogs - and are allegedly "heartlessly abandoning".

If you don't believe me then have a look at your local rescue websites.

This is a bullshit story that keeps being repeated because it has a certain logic to it and annoys people so that they click on the stories.

Fake news.

Edited by Frank Hovis
  • Agree 7

20 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

i blame retractable leads.  They're very easy to let the dog out on a long leash, but much more difficult to pull them back in again -- so on a footpath the owners don't bother.

If you actually have a long lead it is far easier to rapidly control the length available to the dog.

• Agree 2

One percent
7 minutes ago, dgul said:

i blame retractable leads.  They're very easy to let the dog out on a long leash, but much more difficult to pull them back in again -- so on a footpath the owners don't bother.

If you actually have a long lead it is far easier to rapidly control the length available to the dog.

If I’m taking my dog anywhere i am unsure of, for example the first time i took her where she would encounter sheep, i have her on a very long training lead. It trails on the ground behind her so if i need to stop her, i just stand on it. Only used for training and never where there are loads of other people. 

• Agree 2

King Penda
20 hours ago, MrPin said:

Well today I’ve seen a dead dog near clowne Derbyshire a dead cat near macworth roundabout at derby and about 5 pheasants a rat and at least 2 squirrels.it’s carnage on the roads 

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

ashestoashes
53 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Well today I’ve seen a dead dog near clowne Derbyshire a dead cat near macworth roundabout at derby and about 5 pheasants a rat and at least 2 squirrels.it’s carnage on the roads 

these are just the ones that would have died during 2020, but were saved by the lack of traffic during lockdown

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, King Penda said:

Squirrels?

Surely Tufty taught them some road safety?

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Southmartin
14 hours ago, Stuey said:

Dog owning cunts piss me off, full stop.

Apart from those that have one that stay a couple of feet from their owner. Those are ok. 

I don't want to be sniffed at, approached or mithered. I don't give a shit if it's "friendly". Want a kick do ya?

Trust me, you don't want to kick a dog unless it's attacking you... not because it'll then bite, but if you kicked one of my dogs you'd be on your way to A&E. I love my dogs more than the kids.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Southmartin said:

Trust me, you don't want to kick a dog unless it's attacking you... not because it'll then bite, but if you kicked one of my dogs you'd be on your way to A&E. I love my dogs more than the kids.

Assuming yours are trained not to jump up at people then, otherwise do you mind if I wipe mud all over your jeans?

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
On 23/10/2021 at 05:11, MrPin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-59008703

Covid: 'Fake strays' surge post-lockdown sees more dogs put down

A much needed boost for the dog execution business which was hit hard during lockdown.

Also a Peleton bicycle has been reduced to £1350, so I'm glad I have no shares in that.

Aren't people daft?

Certain 'collectables' are now appearing on ebay at 1/3 the price they were 12 months ago, if I had sold mine I could now buy them back and have made shitloads and be back at square on 'with stock'.

I believe that is called short-selling and I could be a physical hedge-fund.

Chewing Grass
5 hours ago, King Penda said:

5 pheasants a rat and at least 2 squirrels

That would be dinner sorted for the next 2 weeks, you have missed an opportunity Sir in your automotive rush.

• Agree 1