• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

T MAY has to go!

I have come to really hate her and, petty I know, but as a result I have started focusing even on the small things about her, such as the odd and annoying way she walks, which to me looks as if she lacks confidence, as if almost 'sorry, I'm here, excuse me, I don't mean to offend, but if you don't mind, could I just say something'.

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, This Time said:

What's she done this time?

Alienated everyone who voted Leave and everyone who voted Remain.

This after alienating everyone who is keen on a more active police state and alienating everyone who likes the idea of a free and tolerant democracy. And alienating old people, and young people, and anyone in between. And the foreign policy doves, and the foreign policy hawks. And fiscal hawks, and fiscal doves. And men, and women, and anyone in between. 

She must have built up a huge stash of blackmail material in her time overseeing the surveillance state at the Home Office, to not be facing a mutiny within the party.

I think the plan is to "leave" at the end of the 2 year article 50 period, then have another 2 year transition period. During which time they will spin it such that now we have "left" the EU the result of leave referendum has been honored.

Then before the two year transition period is up, we'll have a "join the EU" referendum. They will extend the transition period indefinitely until they are confident of winning a Join vote.

Edited by snagger

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Alienated everyone who voted Leave and everyone who voted Remain.

This after alienating everyone who is keen on a more active police state and alienating everyone who likes the idea of a free and tolerant democracy. And alienating old people, and young people, and anyone in between. And the foreign policy doves, and the foreign policy hawks. And fiscal hawks, and fiscal doves. And men, and women, and anyone in between. 

She must have built up a huge stash of blackmail material in her time overseeing the surveillance state at the Home Office, to not be facing a mutiny within the party.

The only think keeping a mutiny at bay is the slim Conservative majority and Corbyn on the other side

2 minutes ago, ste said:

That’s the plan. 

They don’t want to see Brexit through, but they cant give up on it either as it’ll mean the death of the Conservative party. The next best alternative is to drag it out, allow it to be reversed and let someone else come into power eventually that will do that.

Politicians are scared. From having their laws cascaded down by Brussels they only need to show up and shout at each other for an hour or so a week before retiring to the subsidised Commons bar.

There is a lack of desire and talent to do any of this themselves and they know it, MPs have realised they just do not have the skills required to run the country properly. 

Perhaps we could train some emerging doctors and engineers as politicians capable of making tough decisions?

5 minutes ago, snagger said:

I think the plan is to "leave" at the end of the 2 year article 50 period, then have another 2 year transition period. During which time they will spin it such that now we have left the EU the result of leave referendum has been honored.

Then before the two year transition period is up, we'll have a "join the EU" referendum. They will extend the transition period indefinitely until they are confident of winning a Join vote.

This could be the case I fear. We should just walk. I think we have to wait until March 2019 for it to be watertight legally. A transition period is inevitable but it should be informal and very temporary not involve any payments. Leave with no deal and force the EU to face reality and deal pragmatically with each issue in turn in real-time. This would focus their minds and in the short to medium term mean that they don't upset the apple cart from their end lest they screw themselves.

I did think that the first question where she answered the question regarding 600,000 Italians in the UK was an attempt to negotiate directly with Italy. May did not mention EU citizens as a whole while answering the question but referred only to Italians several times. It may be a negoiating tactic to offer better conditions for individual members of the EU. Once we are out we have no obligation to treat all EU citizens the same. We could do the same with the Dutch, Danish etc where mass immigration to the UK has never been an issue .

2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

I did think that the first question where she answered the question regarding 600,000 Italians in the UK was an attempt to negotiate directly with Italy. May did not mention EU citizens as a whole while answering the question but referred only to Italians several times. It may be a negoiating tactic to offer better conditions for individual members of the EU. Once we are out we have no obligation to treat all EU citizens the same. We could do the same with the Dutch, Danish etc where mass immigration to the UK has never been an issue .

Not the Dutch, we need to get a handle on all the Dutch of Somali origin.  Let them feed, clothe and house them

31 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I have come to really hate her and, petty I know, but as a result I have started focusing even on the small things about her, such as the odd and annoying way she walks, which to me looks as if she lacks confidence, as if almost 'sorry, I'm here, excuse me, I don't mean to offend, but if you don't mind, could I just say something'.

I've come to really hate her too.

I'm picturing Farage ripping her throat out with his bare teeth and then pissing on her bloody corpse.

How the  hell did we deserve this fucking useless pile of shite!

Edited by JackieO