• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Virtue Signalling, old as time

Now read the next proverb:

"no good deed goes unpunished"

The explanation on wiki: Beneficial actions often go unappreciated or are met with outright hostility. If they are appreciated, they often lead to additional requests.

True good deeds, should be done, and no appreciation expected. Therefore in today's world, one should do beneficial deeds but not publicise them on social media, or use it to elevate themselves above other people! Therefore no good deed goes unpunished!

Virtue-Signaling-Environmentalism.jpg&f=1

Edited by 201p

1Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be praised by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward.…

Jesus dislikes virtue signallers B|

I do shit loads of really good stuff. I'm like Jesus, the Good Samaritan and Mother Theresa all rolled into one.

But I can't tell you lot any more about it, 'cos that would be virtue signalling. So you'll just have to take my word for it. Trust me, I'm a good 'un.

20 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I do shit loads of really good stuff. I'm like Jesus, the Good Samaritan and Mother Theresa all rolled into one.

But I can't tell you lot any more about it, 'cos that would be virtue signalling. So you'll just have to take my word for it. Trust me, I'm a good 'un.

I go out of my way not to do good stuff, just to be on the safe side

I think you lot should start posting on your facebooks every single little thing you do, and post it with a photo, and a question to others by adding this line at the end "what right thing have YOU done today?

Put can in recycling bin - saved the world.

Donated money into a shop charity pot - you done good mate

Refused a plastic bag, and used a reusable bag - you saved the world AGAIN!

You decided not to fly on a plane today - you know lives matter, and stopped global warming

You bought free-range eggs to ensure the chickens are happy - Pat yourself on the back

You reused a teabag - save on waste

Wore a jumper at home instead of turning on the heating - saved energy and CO2

Turned the tap off while brushing teeth - saved water

Donated some food at the supermarket food bank - helped a starving stranger

Bought something at the charity shop - do good

Etc...+ many 100s of little things each week. These good deeds must be posted on social media.

You don't need to raise £3000 and climb mount Everest, or kayak around Antarctica, or Abseil into a Volcano for charity - you can do many many little things, and signal them out.

Edited by 201p

29 minutes ago, 201p said:

I think you lot should start posting on your facebooks every single little thing you do, and post it with a photo, and a question to others by adding this line at the end "what right thing have YOU done today?

You decided not to fly on a plane today - you know lives matter, and stopped global warming

You bought free-range eggs to ensure the chickens are happy - Pat yourself on the back

Etc...+ many 100s of little things each week. These good deeds must be posted on social media.

You don't need to raise £3000 and climb mount Everest, or kayak around Antarctica, or Abseil into a Volcano for charity - you can do many many little things, and signal them out.

:Jumping:

Abseil into a volcano for charity!!

2 minutes ago, 201p said:

I made it up - but it would sound edgy huh?

I didn't think it through - I doubt you'd come out alive!

I just loved the sound of it, and the idea of it.

Can imagine some yah saying it "yah, it's in Peru, we are doing it for charity, we are going to abseil down into the volcano, yah"

In the future, in an augmented reality.

They could introduce a blockchain reward system. So you achieve Virtue points for good deeds. Such as recycling a drinks can.

Then each week you get entered into a lottery to win life changing money - so there is actually recognition rewards for micro-virtues. The more micro-virtues, the micro-increase in winning probabilities.

Edited by 201p

On 9/23/2017 at 18:37, 201p said:

I'm not convinced there's a pressing need to "save" water in the UK. In California or Saudi or some other god forsaken hellhole, then sure, but in the UK...  really?

Seems like just about the lowest environmental benefit you could possibly derive for a conscious change of habit.

11 minutes ago, 201p said:

But it's worth 0.64563 Virtue points!

Also, the water saved could be sent California or Saudi Arabia.

I think EU water arbitrage might be a thing, but I've never been able to find anything conclusive.

On 23/09/2017 at 08:31, Fully Detached said:

You definitely tick the Jesus box with that recent bit of carpentry.

On 23/09/2017 at 07:36, 201p said:

Now read the next proverb:

"no good deed goes unpunished"

Nowadays it's 

"no good deed goes unpublished"

Edited by Fischer

On 23/09/2017 at 18:37, 201p said:

Pissed on a sleeping homeless man, nobody's setting his sleeping bag alight tonight!