DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

No Jab, No Job

M S E Refugee

No Jab, No Job.  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

M S E Refugee

How many on here are willing to walk away from their Job if they push this on everyone.

I'm 49 and have another 6 years before I can access my Pension, with a bit of a struggle I may be able to bridge the gap until then but it will be very difficult.

Edited by M S E Refugee
  • Agree 8

supernaut

I will walk from my dot com driver job, part of me thinks it will be doing me a favour so not that hard for me.

Would be a bit harder to cease my gambling activities in bookie shops as still my main income so if vax passports came in for what they call non essential retail Its a bigger problem for me, still won't have the jab in any case.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

It’s a political certainty that the next generation of leaders will blame those in power today.
The authoritarian nature of the state must be shown for what it is.  They must not be able to deny their violence.   

I will not comply.  

Edited by feed
  • Agree 4

AlfredTheLittle

I voted yes, but didn't realise the question was about leaving your job. I hate my job so would happily take the excuse to walk away (unlikely to happen as I work for myself from home)

• Lol 1

I'd quit but it's easy for me to say because:

-have no dependants

-frugal

-saved enough to live for a few years (particularly if I move to a cheaper location)

-wouldn't mind a sabbatical now anyway

• Agree 8

It’s fast approaching for me now. I have a new job lined up and because of my current situation I will have to get the gypsy tears. Everyone dear to me in the real world has had all the jabs so I have nothing to lose now.

• Love 2
  • Cheers 4

JoeDavola

Yeah I fully admit that if the government or employer stops me from working if I don't have the jab, I'll be getting the jab.

They government could also make some big moves to stop me accessing basic food shops and perhaps hospital treatment if I'm unjabbed and that too would force my hand.

But they've not done that yet.

• Agree 1

Pinkpanther

I will not take the Jab for my Job.

i will not quit my job because i "need" the Jab.

(and that is not because im Antivax - Its because there is no logical reason to take it)

So i will see how things pan out if things go If "mandates" are brought in.

However - I think their will be loopholes, like the sneeky ones the MPs use - Ill just have to work out how to play the game.

Edited by Pinkpanther
  • Agree 10

58 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Biden's jab mandate can be nothing less than destroying both the US economy and the US military

I think this is their plan!

• Agree 7
  • Lol 1

Long-game

Nope, in any sense of from because of the coercion and discrimination that has arisen that would in any sense atop me having these jabs , as what next coerced statins, any hypertensives etc? Where does it end , the state has over reached full stop, globally generally.

• Agree 10

14 minutes ago, Long-game said:

Nope, in any sense of from because of the coercion and discrimination that has arisen that would in any sense atop me having these jabs , as what next coerced statins, any hypertensives etc? Where does it end , the state has over reached full stop, globally generally.

I fear this whole orchestrated shit show is just the beginning.

• Agree 7

Battenberg

Mr B has applied for a job overseas to work away for 3 years. Our biggest concern now is that he would need to have the jab. I have told him he must do whatever he thinks is best. 

• Informative 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

I wouldn't quit or walk away from a job because of a jab mandate. I go to work and video them turning me away and ask for something in writing to confirm their decision. In time, if things change after court cases, you might get compo. Quitting yourself might let them get away with it.

Absolutely this. Don't quit, make them sack you. And then most likely watch as they weasel back on their pervious threats when they realise they can't fire you without exposing themselves to serious legal repercussions. 

• Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

... smoking a bit of the green stuff - I tend to get very lucid in that state - and I suddenly had this incredible image in my mind of good versus evil.

Mirrors my recent experience exactly. 

• Love 2
  • Cheers 1

JoeDavola
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

Joe, you have enough savings to stop work and not work for ten years.  You're in the position where you are exactly the sort of person to tell them to fuck off.

The thing to consider is that if employers do bring this on en-masse, it will be in the shadow of greater state power too.

In other words it's more likely that if an employer feels emboldened to say "get your jab or you can't come back in the office and I'll fire you", that will most likely be in a world with even greater restrictions by the state towards the unjabbed - as we've indeed seen in other countries where you can't go into a fucking supermarket without the jab.

So in this case saying "fuck off" to your employer will also kind of be saying "fuck off" to society as a whole, as there will be lots of extra restrictions in place, and it will also most probably involve saying "fuck off" to most of your social circle if, like most people I know, they are 100% bought in to vaccines and masks and think anyone who hasn't been vaccinated is responsible for every covid case and death that we're currently seeing.

So your 'freedom' that you get could end up being a life where you have no money and no contact with anyone.

As I say; we're not there yet (and I think in the UK the chances are that we may not ever get to that point) but I maintain that things could well change where the few non-jabbed people remaining just buckle and take the risk of the jab because without it their lives are essentially over.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Cheers 1