DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The depression: Hilter explained

HousePriceMania

HousePriceMania

Sometimes I wonder WTF is happening in the world with finances, bankers ruling the roost, politicians pushing up the cost of everything, MSM pushing the same narrative as the government, it all comes down to corruption if you ask me.

I read this today and some of the parallels between then and now are uncanny.

Worth a read I think.

https://thedepression.org.au/hitler-explained/

46 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Sometimes I wonder WTF is happening in the world with finances, bankers ruling the roost, politicians pushing up the cost of everything, MSM pushing the same narrative as the government, it all comes down to corruption if you ask me.

I read this today and some of the parallels between then and now are uncanny.

Worth a read I think.

https://thedepression.org.au/hitler-explained/

The industrialists thought they could sponsor and control the upstart rabble rousing Austrian.  They couldn't, although some still did well.

HousePriceMania
58 minutes ago, Harley said:

The industrialists thought they could sponsor and control the upstart rabble rousing Austrian FAT BLONDE BLOKE.  They couldn't, although some still did well.

I remeber reading that some Jews were pleased when he got power, on the assumption that he would drop the antisemitism now it had served it's purpose. I can't help seeing the parallel to wokeism/BLM etc, and the US Democrat party. I don't think they realise what the summer of rioting/George Floyd etc has unleashed, making a return to business as usual unlikely.

Austin Allegro

I think we need to be cautious about drawing too many parallels between current events and those involving small-moustached monotesticalled Austrians from the 1930s.

Remember that prior to Hitler's rise to power, Germany, and by extension the remnant of the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires had been in disorder for nearly two decades - they had lost a crippling war, their economy was completely collapsed, with hyper inflation, attempted Communist takeovers in several countries, running battles with communists and fascists, even fistfights in the Reichstag at one point.

Some surface similarities are still there - eg, crippling debts - but these are now global and not restricted to one country or bloc. Nobody has been through four years of devastating war and fifteen years of economic collapse and foreign occupation in any western country, so there is not the appetite for demagogues and radical solutions. Covid is an echo of that, but only a very slight one and not sufficient to produce a Hitler or Stalin.

IMO the problem now, and the nearest parallel with Germany, is the complacency, the willingness to follow pointless rules and to attack those who think differently; whether it is on a sufficient level to produce a totalitarianism as strong as the Nazis is another matter.

17 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think we need to be cautious about drawing too many parallels between current events and those involving small-moustached monotesticalled Austrians from the 1930s.

Remember that prior to Hitler's rise to power, Germany, and by extension the remnant of the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires had been in disorder for nearly two decades - they had lost a crippling war, their economy was completely collapsed, with hyper inflation, attempted Communist takeovers in several countries, running battles with communists and fascists, even fistfights in the Reichstag at one point.

Some surface similarities are still there - eg, crippling debts - but these are now global and not restricted to one country or bloc. Nobody has been through four years of devastating war and fifteen years of economic collapse and foreign occupation in any western country, so there is not the appetite for demagogues and radical solutions. Covid is an echo of that, but only a very slight one and not sufficient to produce a Hitler or Stalin.

IMO the problem now, and the nearest parallel with Germany, is the complacency, the willingness to follow pointless rules and to attack those who think differently; whether it is on a sufficient level to produce a totalitarianism as strong as the Nazis is another matter.

History rhymes if not repeats.  Mainly only the actors and sets change.

Archived