• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

MrPin's big banned sound

Try the trombone.

One of the only - if not the only - instruments that can be played without disadvantage to the left-handed among us. It comes in two pieces that lock together in either left- or right-handed playing positions.

It's also truly analogue - and can produce any frequency within it's range - and that of the player. Not just the accepted musical notes. If your left-hand technique is good enough, you can slide and vibrate notes just like a guitar...!

Obviously I'll be playing "Joliet Jake" in our "Blues Brothers" tribute act. Maybe you could be "Bones" Malone...

XYY

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Try the trombone.

One of the only - if not the only - instruments that can be played without disadvantage to the left-handed among us. It comes in two pieces that lock together in either left- or right-handed playing positions.

It's also truly analogue - and can produce any frequency within it's range - and that of the player. Not just the accepted musical notes. If your left-hand technique is good enough, you can slide and vibrate notes just like a guitar...!

Obviously I'll be playing "Joliet Jake" in our "Blues Brothers" tribute act. Maybe you could be "Bones" Malone...

XYY

I played the trombone up until I was about 20 when I gave it up for guitars and stuff. Another advantage of the 'bone over many other instruments is that it can do such a wide range of music types: brass band, concert band, orchestra, jazz, horn section for R&B etc. Of course, the first time you drop the fucker you realise why everyone else went with valves.

I very recently learnt how to play "Wild Thing" and "Spy Hunter Theme" on a guitar if that's any good?

The guitar I was playing had been set up in a way that, I dunno- it was tuned in a particular way which made playing easier, power chords or something?

I can also play the "Eastenders theme" on a piano.

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

I very recently learnt how to play "Wild Thing" and "Spy Hunter Theme" on a guitar if that's any good?

The guitar I was playing had been set up in a way that, I dunno- it was tuned in a particular way which made playing easier, power chords or something?

I can also play the "Eastenders theme" on a piano.

Complete with the into doo doo doo-doo-doo-doo drum thing?