DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Golden Brown

Cheese Limit

Cheese Limit

I am considering the fact that the Stranger's track Golden Brown might be the the best track of the last 40 years.

Than I listen to some Bjork songs and then Strangers by Sigrid and I change my mind.

So what is your one best track of your life?

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

King Penda
10 minutes ago, Cheese Limit said:

I am considering the fact that the Stranger's track Golden Brown might be the the best track of the last 40 years.

Than I listen to some Bjork songs and then Strangers by Sigrid and I change my mind.

It’s a good song one of my biggest fuck ups was not biding on a set of keyboards owned by there now dead keyboard player it went for under 400 quid but had a stuck key .they and deep purple are in my opinion totaly different but fantastic purple sort of played keyboard like another guitarist ie solos and duets the stranglers were totaly different with there harpsichord approach they are a fantastic band live 

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
18 minutes ago, King Penda said:

It’s a good song one of my biggest fuck ups was not biding on a set of keyboards owned by there now dead keyboard player it went for under 400 quid but had a stuck key .they and deep purple are in my opinion totaly different but fantastic purple sort of played keyboard like another guitarist ie solos and duets the stranglers were totaly different with there harpsichord approach they are a fantastic band live 

Fuck, Dave G is dead, I missed that. Another hero of my youth gone. :-(:(

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
  • Agree 1

King Penda
11 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Fuck, Dave G is dead, I missed that. Another hero of my youth gone. :-(:(

He was selling it himself and it had that nights set list fasted on the keyboard a right fuck up not buying it and it was only a couple of years ago 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

King Penda
6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I saw the Stranglers only once, in Brighton, around 1983.

They were past there best ie chart wize when I first saw them maybe around 86 I’m sure they were surporting Alice Cooper that concert to me was noticeable for falling out with hells angels at the cider bar and for some tit haveing a flameing candle type thing that droped hot wax on my head .has I watched Alice Cooper it might have been nebworh either way from a personal point of view it was the most dangerous concert I’ve ever been to ie the crush 

Edited by King Penda

TheBlueCat
2 hours ago, Cheese Limit said:

I’m going with this:

With a crooked smile
4 hours ago, Cheese Limit said:

Some albums from the 90s I over played to death and so can't really play anymore. The one exception PJ Harvey's To Bring You My Love. I always come back to that album loads of classic tracks. Hense my avatar. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

I don't really have a best track. Considering the infinite universe of good and bad music it would anyway only be the "best track I had heard of."

I have a few "significant" tracks though. Personal to me but basically music I was listening to when something important happened. Every time I hear one a sort of shiver goes through me. I don't even like some of them.

I leech on my kids music streaming subscription and I can't get used to how there is just endless music. For most of my listening life there was a clear music horizon defined by how many records you could afford. 

• Agree 2

Impossible to answer as there is so much music that I love and what I want to listen to changes constantly. There is however, one track that that I always find uplifting and have to crank up if it comes on the radio. Eric Johnson's Cliffs Of Dover.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Cheese Limit said:

Ever seen this ,

very clever:

as for favourite song, very hard to choose…..I’m a punker at heart, the dammed are my favourite. Love a bit for smash it up :)

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

Cheese Limit
1 hour ago, 86d said:

Ever seen this ,

very clever:

as for favourite song, very hard to choose…..I’m a punker at heart, the dammed are my favourite. Love a bit for smash it up :)

Excellent. Had me thinking the Strangler's version was a cover until I looked a bit closer.

ninjaborrower

I dont like questions like this , how do you pick a song, it depends on your mood or a part or time of your life, with music and films its something that is always there, 

My sister dated a drummer that did some stand in sessions with them, they where massive opium addicts allegedly, i guess thats why golden brown is so great

No more heroes is better

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

An almost impossible question to answer then I remember it's this...

The whole thing but specifically Winter (time linked).

Specifically Kennedy however, listen to him and then most version and they sound lifeless and dull in comparison.

• Agree 1