• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
onlyme

Acid 'incident' Stratford

Stratford 'acid attack': Six people injured near shopping centre in east London

One person arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed its officers were called to an "acid incident" in Stratford, east London.

Its officers were called to Stratford Shopping Centre just before 8pm, a spokesman told The Independent.

The force said a "group of males" were reported spraying "what is believed to be a noxious substance" and six people were injured in a number of locations throughout the centre.

So now we have groups of men trying to horribly disfigure random people in shopping centers. This is life in our capital city. Splendid.

Another reason just to shop online I guess. Or to cover one's face in public to protect against such attacks.

burka-lady.jpg

....yet more interesting info from 4chan:

I happen to be an expert in this topic.

1. 99% chance it's gang related. Newham has the worst gang issues in London by far at the moment. 

2. Gang slags rarely actually use acid - mostly it's ammonia or something similar. Nasty but rarely permanently disfiguring or maiming. 

3. Gang members have started doing this because mandatory minimums got introduced for second offence of carrying a knife. This was seen as a way around that legislation. 

4. There's a few big cases going through the system right now (Arthur Collins is the one to watch). Some serious sentences are going to get handed out, and gang slags will go back back to stabbing each other.

This is where the slow wheels of government are a problem.  The use of acid / noxious substances has ramped up this summer as the knowledge that it carries a much lower penalty than stabbing has become widespread.

So whilst the answer is straightforward - raise the penalty and it will stop most of the attacks - our MPs have been in their long summer holidays and now have their big piss ups and may finally get around to looking at this legislation in November.

13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is where the slow wheels of government are a problem.  The use of acid / noxious substances has ramped up this summer as the knowledge that it carries a much lower penalty than stabbing has become widespread.

So whilst the answer is straightforward - raise the penalty and it will stop most of the attacks - our MPs have been in their long summer holidays and now have their big piss ups and may finally get around to looking at this legislation in November.

Don't be silly frank, this only impacts the little people. They have far more important issues to discuss once they get back from their jolly. How to wriggle out of the democratic vote to leave the eu for example. 

51 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Will it actually make make any difference? I'm not convinced. Stuck record time but, An easier solution would be to reduce migration of these undesirables committing these offences. I don't worry about acid attacks as i live in a 99% white area. 

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Will it actually make make any difference? I'm not convinced. Stuck record time but, An easier solution would be to reduce migration of these undesirables committing these offences. I don't worry about acid attacks as i live in a 99% white area. 

Yes it will.  Gang members have been quoted as saying that it is now their weapon of choice because of the low penalty.

This is analogous to the drug smugglers shifting into smuggling in cheap tobacco in the 90s because whilst the profit was lower, if still good, the penalty if caught was far more lenient.

I agree with your other point but I think that this is more relevant to the targeted personal attack than the mugging / gang weapon that has been its commonest use this year.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

I live in a 99% posh area. That's what matters.