DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

"Vehicle tampering" to be outlawed

Dave Beans

Chewing Grass
5 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Did you see the bizarre bit that said 'We will also create new offences for tampering with non-road mobile machinery'.

WTF does that mean, MX Bikes, E-MTBs, Traction Engines, portable generators, hay-bailers....

• Agree 1

One percent
1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Did you see the bizarre bit that said 'We will also create new offences for tampering with non-road mobile machinery'.

WTF does that mean, MX Bikes, E-MTBs, Traction Engines, portable generators, hay-bailers....

Your feet. Not allowed footwear anymore. Peasant.  o.O

• Lol 1

Chewing Grass

This is the bottom of the page it creates scope for a whole new range of MOT failures and mandated obsolescence so the Big Corps can turn Cars into a bland Service you are Coerced into renting for £££s every month.

image.png.7dbe8c4b6601d32210d606b50f30d23a.png

Any of those electronic safety features you don't need and are so irritating that you turn them off, lane departure for example, don't work and you can't get parts to make them work then its scrap.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1

It's just to enforce this... and future fucking bollocks.

New rules provisionally agreed by the EU mean that speed limiters will become mandatory for all vehicles sold in Europe from 2022.
In a move which campaigners hope will revolutionise road safety, all vehicles in the EU would be fitted with a system that restricts them from breaking the speed limit. The Department for Transport say that the UK will follow suit even after its withdrawal.

After being approved by the European Commission, mandatory speed limiting technology – called ‘Intelligent Speed Assistance’ (ISA) – could be fitted to all new cars within just three years.

The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC), the body which supports the introduction of ISAs, says the limiters would reduce collisions by 30%, and save around 25,000 lives within 15 years.

Here :- https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/mandatory-speed-limiters/

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

It's just to enforce this... and future fucking bollocks.

Here :- https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/mandatory-speed-limiters/

Would these work for specifically where you are or just the maximum for the country ? 

If the former this would mean every car having to be linked up to GPS constantly. 

So the authorities would know where everyone is all the time.

Great. 

I believe there's already things in cars which do similar already ? 

GPS doesn't work like that. You know where you are, but the satellite doesn't.

You can have cameras that look for the 40 speed signs, national speed limit and road works.

Traffic getting a bit busy on the M25? Then slow every fucker on it down to 5 mph automatically.

I imagine they don't yet have any laws to stop people putting a tin foil hat over the GPS or some stickers over the cameras on your own car.

• Informative 1

King Penda

King Penda
14 minutes ago, ccc said:

Would these work for specifically where you are or just the maximum for the country ? 

If the former this would mean every car having to be linked up to GPS constantly. 

Great. 

Fucking pisser leaveing a Ferrari or a Tesla for dead 

13 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

GPS doesn't work like that. You know where you are, but the satellite doesn't.

You can have cameras that look for the 40 speed signs, national speed limit and road works.

Traffic getting a bit busy on the M25? Then slow every fucker on it down to 5 mph automatically.

I imagine they don't yet have any laws to stop people putting a tin foil hat over the GPS or some stickers over the cameras on your own car.

Yet !!

:ph34r:

:D

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Fucking pisser leaveing a Ferrari or a Tesla for dead 

They would piss it..... up to about 40 mph. xD

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ccc said:

Yet !!

:ph34r:

:D

All new cars would also be equipped with data loggers to track the system under recommendations from the ETSC.

• Lol 1

19 minutes ago, ccc said:

Great. 

I think you’ll find you’re already voluntarily carrying a rectangular electronic device that does just this everywhere with you.

• Lol 1

King Penda
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

I think you’ll find you’re already voluntarily carrying a rectangular electronic device that does just this everywhere with you.

No I leave it at home if im

on a mission 

• Agree 2

Just now, King Penda said:

No I leave it at home if im

on a mission 

Police/courts now actually view being out at night somewhere without a switched on mobile as virtually going equipped.

King Penda
4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Police/courts now actually view being out at night somewhere without a switched on mobile as virtually going equipped.

It’s not compulsory to carry a phone but I’m in green flag if that helps .and you can even have a friend use your phone whilst on said mission ie alabi or just put a film on it lol and leave it running 

Edited by King Penda

King Penda
26 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

They would piss it..... up to about 40 mph. xD

They would hit the brakes way before 40mph otherwise lock up

it will make old fastish cars more collectible 

• Agree 1

The future just gets more and more boring doesn't it?

Renting electric white goods instead of owning genuinely fun enthusiast stuff. 

FML

Edited by 23rdian
  • Agree 7

Pay per mile services with individual trackers probably a major target of this draconian shit, but they want to disguise it and destroy everything else in their path as they go for their target.

Will utterly destroy a lot of what is left of engineering in the UK in so many ways, but then what would a load of bankers, lawyers, political wonks and liars care about that at all.

• Agree 7

59 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Pay per mile services with individual trackers probably a major target of this draconian shit, but they want to disguise it and destroy everything else in their path as they go for their target.

Will utterly destroy a lot of what is left of engineering in the UK in so many ways, but then what would a load of bankers, lawyers, political wonks and liars care about that at all.

I'm certain this is where they want it to end up.

The interesting thing with the speed limiters, if its some sort of 'smart' system meaning you can never break the speed limit, what will they do with all those speed cameras around the country? I guess they will soon disappear once the revenue doesn't even cover maintenance cost.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Chewing Grass
41 minutes ago, invalid said:

I'm certain this is where they want it to end up.

The interesting thing with the speed limiters, if its some sort of 'smart' system meaning you can never break the speed limit, what will they do with all those speed cameras around the country? I guess they will soon disappear once the revenue doesn't even cover maintenance cost.

Once 20% of cars are speed limited you wont be able to break the speed limit anyway in a built up area or on a busy motorway as it will be a simple procession of vehicles, they will end up having to mandate different speed limits for different lanes so you don't get bogged with trucks and can actually get on and off the damn things at a Jn.

• Agree 2

Chewing Grass

Just realised, they can build virtually all the 'driving regulation' into an app for a phone, all the car needs is a couple of cameras and a 5g aerial linked to the OBD whatever engine management system.

You tether the phone to the car and away you go, google takes care of the rest (for a fee and targeted advertising / tracking) and its backwards compatible to your Morris Minor via a kit of plug in bits.