DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bonfire night banned

sarahbell

sarahbell

Manchester have cancelled their bonfires. Salford have just cancelled.
Oldham are still having theirs though 

image.thumb.png.dfcfc4a9abfe15144b877e911f990211.png

• Agree 1

sarahbell
2 minutes ago, Oskar said:

I bet they are having a Diwali celebration this week though.

“About 60 participants have been involved in each location, creating around 90 lanterns. Then we’ve got illuminated dancers, Dhol drummers… We will gather between 5PM and 6.30PM to begin a parade in a different borough every evening,” he explains of the in-real-life side to Diwali 2021, with parades taking place on Wednesday 3rd, Thursday 4th, Friday 5th, and Saturday 6th November.

https://www.manchestersfinest.com/arts-and-culture/theatre/digital-diwali-is-an-epic-set-across-greater-manchester-boroughs/

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 2
  • Lol 2

sarahbell
8 minutes ago, jamanda said:

I'll be sitting under the computer desk all evening with two shaking dogs.

https://www.classicfm.com/radio/shows-presenters/pet-classics/charlotte-hawkins-animals-calm-fireworks/

Supported by the the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), the programmes will be broadcast from 6pm to 10pm on Friday 5 and Saturday 6 November, the two busiest evenings of the year for fireworks. There’ll be soothing classical music, plenty of dedications to listeners’ pets, and some brilliant practical advice and tips from the RSPCA.

• Cheers 1

sarahbell
Just now, jamanda said:

Thank you.  I've tried everything else.

A feliway thing works well for cats. But I don't think ours were ever that bothered about fireworks. 

steppensheep
14 minutes ago, jamanda said:

Try draping some duvets over for soundproofing.

• Cheers 1

I've tried the pheromones (sp) with no effect.  My daughter makes a tent for her German Shepherd and someone sits in it with her.

The collie is very highly strung anyway and any noise sets him off.  The lurcher didn't used to bother too much but he thinks if the collie is that scared, he ought to be.  Lurcher has very poorly sensitive tum, so over excitement or panic sets him off.

Ah well, hopefully it is only for a few days,  I just hope some prat doesn't set those bomb things off that shake the house.

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, jamanda said:

Thank you.  I've tried everything else.

I assume you have tried piriton?

Works well on the in-laws greyhound.

But I haven't got to sit under the table with you because you're shaking with fear.  

Go on - which of us is most relieved?

4 minutes ago, jamanda said:

But I haven't got to sit under the table with you because you're shaking with fear.  

Go on - which of us is most relieved?

Sorry I only look one or two posts behind o.O

Let's just say how "scared" dogs are tonight is how toddlers are the rest of the year from the landsharks. This is karma.

Wight Flight
40 minutes ago, jamanda said:

Why would antihistamines help?  Sorry - baffled.

They seem to calm her down - makes her a bit drowsy.

I can only report on what they use, but they swear it works (and they are in a Diwali intense area)

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, jamanda said:

Why would antihistamines help?  Sorry - baffled.

They are relaxing, I use cyproheptadine to sleep sometimes

• Cheers 1

Bobthebuilder
7 hours ago, jamanda said:

I know this is of no help now your dogs are older but, I was recommended to take my puppy along to a clay pigeon shoot a couple of times to get used to the loud guns. Fireworks have never bothered her since, she will happily go to toilet in the garden with fireworks going off overhead. Worked for my little staffie.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1