DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The UK Covid death toll continues to climb

humdrum

The weekly death toll is the highest it has been since March, which does suggest that we are well fucked.

The vaccinations clearly aren't working and it is hard not to think that all this creeping around in masks and visors is not merely humiliating, but may be lowering our natural immunity so that it is helping rather than hindering the effects of the bug.
  • Agree 9
  • Informative 2

14 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

What's covid?

Indeed. I have no faith in these "death toll" figures. As far as I'm concerned they are made up.

• Agree 9

desertorchid
39 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

What's covid?

The successor to VHS so i've heard, gonna have to sell my Betamax at this rate

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

It’s all bullshit

No such thing as Covid

A Psy-op created by our lizard overlords 

If you turn off the media, it ceases to exist 

Edited by Ianb78
  • Agree 6
  • Cheers 2

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, Ianb78 said:

It’s all bullshit

No such thing as Covid

But who created the lizard overlords?

The clue is in the above.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

But who created the lizard overlords?

The clue is in the above.

David Icke? 😂😉

• Informative 1

The Masked Tulip
2 minutes ago, Ianb78 said:

David Icke? 😂😉

Yes, massive distraction by him. Cearly he does protest too much. Probably is the head of a massive lizard invasion force. You read it here first.

• Lol 3

Bedrag Justesen
1 hour ago, humdrum said:
The vaccinations clearly aren't working and it is hard not to think that all this creeping around in masks and visors is not merely humiliating, but may be lowering our natural immunity so that it is helping rather than hindering the effects of the bug.

Clearly that's ridiculous.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

sarahbell
2 hours ago, humdrum said:
The weekly death toll is the highest it has been since March, which does suggest that we are well fucked.

Almost no one is wearing a mask around here. Very few in Costco. None in Asda apart from one member of staff. A couple of old people are wearing clear visors. 
Events being cancelled outdoors (bonfire night, although no one has moaned yet about the particulates that get into the air and why Nov 6th the air is always gross) is a bad idea as people will either have smaller events (fire brigade busy) or stay in and drink with friends or go to the pub.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Caravan Monster
45 minutes ago, Ianb78 said:

It’s all bullshit

No such thing as Covid

If you turn off the media, it ceases to exist 

'Completely fictional' origin of SARS and real cause of 'Russian Flu' 'outbreak' in faraway place described in surprisingly prescient 2013 TV series:

• Agree 3

56 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Almost no one is wearing a mask around here. Very few in Costco. None in Asda apart from one member of staff. A couple of old people are wearing clear visors. 
Events being cancelled outdoors (bonfire night, although no one has moaned yet about the particulates that get into the air and why Nov 6th the air is always gross) is a bad idea as people will either have smaller events (fire brigade busy) or stay in and drink with friends or go to the pub.

That is true.

There are no official bonfire celebrations in London for which I blame that little fucker Saddiq Khan who is acting like a little fucker as usual. I am about to set off to my allotment and start a bonfire with an extra helping of damp leaves to produce great columns of cheerful white smoke. With a bit of luck that will create a few, much needed vacancies in the Old Folks Home across the way. I won't get any thanks but at least I will get the satisfaction of having done the right thing.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

Long time lurking
4 hours ago, humdrum said:

Safe Effective & Long Lasting 

image.png.e4a125df7e8de79d36be1c830a45a266.png

• Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

Yadda yadda yadda
2 hours ago, humdrum said:

That is true.

There are no official bonfire celebrations in London for which I blame that little fucker Saddiq Khan who is acting like a little fucker as usual. I am about to set off to my allotment and start a bonfire with an extra helping of damp leaves to produce great columns of cheerful white smoke. With a bit of luck that will create a few, much needed vacancies in the Old Folks Home across the way. I won't get any thanks but at least I will get the satisfaction of having done the right thing.

Battersea Park has two days of fireworks this year.

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, King Penda said:

Flu

We joke that Covid is the flu. Officially there was no flu last year only Covid, Here is a couple of graphs from the report and a quote from the report.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/995284/Surveillance_of_influenza_and_other_seasonal_respiratory_viruses_in_the_UK_2020_to_2021-1.pdf

‘No confirmed influenza outbreaks were reported in the UK between week 40 2020 and week 14 2021. Further information on ARI incidents during the 2020 to 2021 season are available in the weekly influenza and COVID-19 surveillance report (4).’

2021-11-04_143511.png

2021-11-04_143528.png

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 4

Southmartin
6 hours ago, humdrum said:

I think you'll find the vaccines are working perfectly as intended

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

My pub is having a fireworks display.

Going to be epic.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

sarahbell
Just now, Wight Flight said:

My pub is having a fireworks display.

Going to be epic.

I'm fairly certain a local pub or two will have fireworks and maybe a bonfire as usual. 

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I'm fairly certain a local pub or two will have fireworks and maybe a bonfire as usual. 

But will they look like this?

Bonfire Night and fireworks on the Isle of Wight | Isle of Wight County  Press