DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Ireland

onlyme

High cases in Ireland, blamed on :

Seasonality, Delta, Unvaccinated, Travel (NI), Levels of natural Immunity.

See following post for the meanwhile.

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2021/1103/1257691-ireland-covid-numbers-november-2021/

5 reasons why Ireland's Covid numbers are still so high

Updated / Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 09:09

Revellers queuing to get into Dublin's Button Factory last month as nightclubs and music venues opened up again

More from
DCU

This week has seen another spike in Ireland's Covid numbers, with Tuesday's 3,726 positive cases the hightest since January 2021. The Chair of the Irish Epidemiological Modelling Advisory Group, Prof Philip Nolan, has said that there was a 25% increase in the number of cases between last week and this week.

While Ireland's vaccination rate is still high - nearly 89% of the population over the age of 12 were fully vaccinated as of last week - our case numbers remain stubbornly high. This has led to some comparisons with case numbers in other locations, such as New York and Tokyo.

16 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Dublin.......

Heading to Dublin next week for the Ireland v All Blacks rugby match, I’ll update you guys on the state of the Southern empty zone if I make it back 😢🤣🤣

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

belfastchild
On 04/11/2021 at 11:33, onlyme said:

Dublin.......

I was down in Dublin in July and it was busy enough, not usual heaving as very few tourists other than English and northerners but feck me. Was planning to take a day trip down week after next (although no covid passport so would have to bring sandwiches with me ffs ;-))

Let us know @Malthus

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great trip to Dublin yesterday, pretty busy and you need proof of vax and contact details to be inside a bar or restaurant 

Anti Vaxx types have to stay outside 

Other than that no sign of an apocalyptic pandemic 😷 

• Informative 3

JoeDavola
2 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Had a great trip to Dublin yesterday, pretty busy and you need proof of vax and contact details to be inside a bar or restaurant 

Anti Vaxx types have to stay outside 

Other than that no sign of an apocalyptic pandemic 😷 

Much mask use?

3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Much mask use?

Same as in the North, I was in England last week so refreshing not to have to do that shite other than at the airport / flight 

• Informative 3

JoeDavola
Just now, Malthus said:

Same as in the North, I was in England last week so refreshing not to have to do that shite other than at the airport / flight 

I was in Derry the other day and mask use seemed if anything to be even higher than belfast. 

• Cheers 1

belfastchild
20 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I was in Derry the other day and mask use seemed if anything to be even higher than belfast. 

They saw you coming... quick lads, put the masks on.

You need to stop quickly and look over your shoulder every so often.

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

belfastchild
8 minutes ago, Malthus said:

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/1116/1260355-covid-ireland-update/

Here we go again ffs 

ps this has nothing to do my my trip down south on Saturday 😉🤣

Didnt bother booking the trip for this week, thought Id leave it to early December. Trying to get to London the 2nd week in December...

...at this rate I'll not be allowed in my own house in December ;-)

• Agree 2

JoeDavola

Meme's aside this is why I've not booked tickets for any gigs (which would often have been in Dublin), or indeed anything resembling a holiday. I fully expect this shit to continue until there is serious civil unrest and probably after.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Meme's aside this is why I've not booked tickets for any gigs (which would often have been in Dublin), or indeed anything resembling a holiday. I fully expect this shit to continue until there is serious civil unrest and probably after.

It's simply a new form of Puritanism, expecially in hicky areas like NI, and Scawtland. It's to "spoil the fun of others".

• Agree 1