DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Africa - what pandemic?

JoeDavola

JoeDavola

If you remember at the start of all this we thought that 'less developed' countries were going to the ones ravaged by this pandemic.

It would appear not. See Dr John's recent video on Africa - where it seems that people have pretty much forgotten about the pandemic, aren't wearing masks or distancing, and yet the cases and deaths/million are far better than the UK/USA.

Deaths per million:

image.png.e428ddcabe7b04f91f7bb09f70a35e18.png

My initial thought was that less developed countries generally have skinnier populations (due to actual food poverty and eating simpler locally grown less processed diets), and that thinner populations with better vitamin D levels (given Africa actually has proper sunshine!) was making the difference.

But then I googled Tonga (as it's at the bottom of the deaths graph) and it apparently has an obesity epidemic!

So frankly I don't have a fucking clue what's going on there. I still however think this is a disease that will for the most part effect the elderly and fat westerners, and I think ironically countries where people are genuinely too poor to become obese will fare better.

Another possibility is that the UK and USA aren't being truthful and are attributing many deaths to covid that should not be attributed to it.

EDIT: According to google the life expectancy in Zambia is 63 - so that could also explain this too if it's true for other African countries - maybe there isn't a lot of people old enough for covid to kill them.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 1

5 minutes ago, maffo said:

Perhaps they only report deaths due to covid, rather than with it, in Africa?

You'd still expect something like an India situation where passage of the virus through the continent would cause some obvious, very reportable coverage.  Only exception I can think of is SA, where there was an AZ trail. 

• Agree 1

Tonga isn't African.

I wonder about obesity there as well. Maybe its like greece? Some big fatties, but maybe theyre full of olive oil and veggies, so quite 'healthy'.

• Agree 2

Yadda yadda yadda

It is a disease of accounting standards. If your health system has lots of accountants they will find the bodies, on paper.

swiss_democracy_for_all
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

If you remember at the start of all this we thought that 'less developed' countries were going to the ones ravaged by this pandemic.

It would appear not. See Dr John's recent video on Africa - where it seems that people have pretty much forgotten about the pandemic, aren't wearing masks or distancing, and yet the cases and deaths/million are far better than the UK/USA.

Deaths per million:

My initial thought was that less developed countries generally have skinnier populations (due to actual food poverty and eating simpler locally grown less processed diets), and that thinner populations with better vitamin D levels (given Africa actually has proper sunshine!) was making the difference.

But then I googled Tonga (as it's at the bottom of the deaths graph) and it apparently has an obesity epidemic!

So frankly I don't have a fucking clue what's going on there. I still however think this is a disease that will for the most part effect the elderly and fat westerners, and I think ironically countries where people are genuinely too poor to become obese will fare better.

Another possibility is that the UK and USA aren't being truthful and are attributing many deaths to covid that should not be attributed to it.

EDIT: According to google the life expectancy in Zambia is 63 - so that could also explain this too if it's true for other African countries - maybe there isn't a lot of people old enough for covid to kill them.

Maybe the Tongan obesity epidemic is just some stupid statistic based on BMI - there would be many Tongans with a BMI of over 30 who would only be slightly overweight - they're absolutely fucking massive, the biggest people I've ever seen, along with the Samoans. Not always tall, but massive and muscular. I think I've posted on here about the work colleague who got a beating from his half-Tongan wife (she was a very decent-looking burd, fairly slim but all muscle) 

Regarding Africa - they're younger, strong (no weakened gene pool by 100 years of modern medicine like here), and they have the internet like us. Ivermectin has been most widely used there in it's original use as an anti-parasitic medication, so unlike here it will be easily available. I doubt if the success of the cheap meds in India against Covid  like Ivm/doxycycline (also commonly used in Africa for other purposes)  has escaped attention in Africa. 

• Agree 6

47 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

They've acted like there was bodies everywhere.  They've locked down and wear masks everywhere.  It's mental.  These people have been used to death from all sorts of real problems like malaria, yellow fever, dengue, malnutrition and general poverty.  They still locked down though.  And there's no furlough payments in most of africa. When these lot don't work things don't get done and they start to suffer.

I reckon the government's here have been bribed to go full lockdown. I can't see any other reason for it.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

at the time some of us said Africa would be largely untouched, as not many old/fat people in Africa and very low average age.  Most weak & vulnerable people will have already died of something else.

Edited by snaga
  • Agree 1

Long time lurking
6 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Deaths per million:

I have been following this channel it really is an eyeopener how things change from country to country even city to city 

Democorruptcy

COVID-19: The Ivermectin African Enigma

Conclusions:

The incidence in mortality rates and number of cases is significantly lower among the APOC countries compared to non-APOC countries. That a mass public health preventive campaign against COVID-19 may have taken place, inadvertently, in some African countries with massive community ivermectin use is an attractive hypothesis. Additional studies are needed to confirm it

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

I imagine a lot of African nations weren't privy to the misinformation which caused a big scare in other places.

Rollseyes
20 hours ago, snaga said:

at the time some of us said Africa would be largely untouched, as not many old/fat people in Africa and very low average age.  Most weak & vulnerable people will have already died of something else.

Just like the rest of the world.