DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Older drivers transitioning from a manual to automatic car

Popuplights

Just now, longtomsilver said:

Anedotal: when I learned to fly helicopters early 2000s my instructor picked up a phone call on the office.... it was a well known telephones tycoon who had recently been banned from driving his ferrari and thought he'd just buy a brand new R44 delivered to his garden by sloane helicopters. 

The phone call literally went like this...

"Hi! I've bought myself a new helicopters and can get the engine started but don't know how to get the rotors turning?!"

My instructor changed my flight plan - jumped in with me and we went and picked him and his helicopter up and brought it back to the airfield as lessons had to be carried out from there and not his back garden 🤣🤣

That's so cool it's insane.

Imagine thinking you could just switch it on and work it out.

• Lol 3

7 hours ago, sarahbell said:

That's so cool it's insane.

Imagine thinking you could just switch it on and work it out.

Exactly. I'ts not like a Lithuanian whore, you know!

• 3 weeks later...
With a crooked smile
On 10/11/2021 at 13:36, Popuplights said:

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Years ago the older lady next door to my dad got her first auto. She put it in reverse to get off her driveway and couldn't get the braking right. She ended up reversing across the street through a neighbours garden and hitting their house causing minor structural damage. No one hurt and it was all sorted out in insurance. She then changed back to a manual. 

• Agree 1

I now drive an automatic, and so does my wife.

Work tried to hire me a manual car for a trip down to the midlands the other week, and I told them to fuck right off.

I have no need to keep my left hand on a phallic object any more. Manual cars are for poofs...!!!

XMAS

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1

5 minutes ago, The XMAS Man said:

Work tried to hire me a manual car for a trip down to the midlands the other week, and I told them to fuck right off.

I have no need to keep my left hand on a phallic object any more. Manual cars are for poofs...!!!

XMAS

Give us a kiss sweetheart and I'll explain to you why manuals are better 😘

• Love 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Give us a kiss sweetheart and I'll explain to you why manuals are better 😘

Oooohh, alright ducky - you've talked me into the fucker...!

XMAS

35 minutes ago, The XMAS Man said:

XMAS

What are you doing for work now anyway

2 hours ago, King Penda said:

What are you doing for work now anyway

The usual for this time of year Stokie.

Hanging around public bogs, noshing-off tramps for a bottle of White Lightning and 20 Lambert & Butler...

XMAS

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

Years ago the older lady next door to my dad got her first auto. She put it in reverse to get off her driveway and couldn't get the braking right. She ended up reversing across the street through a neighbours garden and hitting their house causing minor structural damage. No one hurt and it was all sorted out in insurance. She then changed back to a manual. 

Bus pass advised.

6 hours ago, The XMAS Man said:

The usual for this time of year Stokie.

Hanging around public bogs, noshing-off tramps for a bottle of White Lightning and 20 Lambert & Butler...

XMAS

Promotion then

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1