DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

5 more years of the Coof baby.

WorkingPoor

WorkingPoor

This coming Christmas isn't the only one to be worried about, expert warns

Tim Spector, a professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London, says jabs alone aren't enough to control COVID-19 and current measures are "insufficient".

He is warning this coming Christmas is not the only one to be worried about as COVID could be a concern for the next five years.

The lead scientist on the Zoe COVID Study app said experts now have a better picture than they did last year, when they thought they just had to get through the year.

Speaking online at the Royal Society of Medicine's COVID-19 series, he said: "And that's clearly turning out not to be the case, as we realise that just vaccines alone, even in countries that have got higher vaccination rates than ours, are not the final solution to this. But we need a combination of measures.

"We need to extend the vaccination programme to include three shots.

"We also need to realise there will be breakthrough infections that are real, we now know that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus, and that is going to be running through our populations to some degree.

"How high we want those rates to be is highly determined by our complacency and our relaxation of some of the rules that we had in place, that last year I thought were actually over the top, and now this year, I think insufficient."

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-human-cost-to-govts-mandatory-jab-policy-for-care-home-staff-as-nhs-facing-overwhelming-demand-12443026

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Bogged 1

WorkingPoor
1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

Man who will lose job at end of COVID says COVID won't end

Men with Tanks say there’ll be Tanks on streets!

• Agree 4

Democorruptcy
36 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Men with Tanks say there’ll be Tanks on streets!

No worries, you can still get plenty of foreign holidays in.

Yadda yadda yadda
29 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Is it time to close kings college London?

Close all of the University of London. Kings, close it. Imperial, shut it down. School of Oriental and African Studies, dissolve it. There might be a part of it worth keeping. Perhaps Birkbeck, which is for mature students.

• Agree 6

One percent
2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

All the stuff we promised will fix it, hasn’t. Ignore all the social, economic and health disasters we have caused while failing. Trust us. We should do more of the same, only more so.

Definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

WorkingPoor
The i weekend front page 13 November 2021

Image caption,

There are three Whitehall scenarios for when the public can forget about Covid-19, according to the i weekend. The paper says that an optimistic prediction will see the virus become routine in late 2022 or 2023, with the likeliest situation being that the world will escape the shadow of Covid in 2023-2024. The highly unlikely and most pessimistic forecast estimates mass infections until 2026, the paper adds

8 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:
The i weekend front page 13 November 2021

Image caption,

There are three Whitehall scenarios for when the public can forget about Covid-19, according to the i weekend. The paper says that an optimistic prediction will see the virus become routine in late 2022 or 2023, with the likeliest situation being that the world will escape the shadow of Covid in 2023-2024. The highly unlikely and most pessimistic forecast estimates mass infections until 2026, the paper adds

Could be next year, or the year after that or maybe a few years later 

• Agree 1

King Penda
20 hours ago, Rollseyes said:

The pandemic will end once a very high percentage have been jabbed and the transition to digital IDs can happen smoothly, facilitated by the widespread use of vaxxports. 

This has been in the planning for decades. They are not going to give up now. 

Still not taking the poison though. F'em. 

Will they dish out millions of free phones that we can leave at home

There hasn’t been much mention of covid from my acquaintances over the past week or so. Still some folk masked outdoors but I don’t talk to any of them.

The chat has mainly been about the cop26 shite…..hypocrites, waste of money, having another nice jolly at our expense and have you noticed the number of helicopters flying over the town recently, bet they’re going to Glasgow.

I think any further lockdowns will be widely ignored by many. Folk are moving on in life and just want to go out and about normally plus moan about something different.

• Agree 4

unregistered_guest
On 12/11/2021 at 11:32, WorkingPoor said:

Speaking online at the Royal Society of Medicine's COVID-19 series, he said: "And that's clearly turning out not to be the case, as we realise that just vaccines alone, even in countries that have got higher vaccination rates than ours, are not the final solution

Well, the bit I put in bold amused me....

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

The chat has mainly been about the cop26 shite…..hypocrites, waste of money, having another nice jolly at our expense and have you noticed the number of helicopters flying over the town recently, bet they’re going to Glasgow

Sadly that is because they don't realise what is coming down the tracks.

The hypocrisy is the least of their worries.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Sadly that is because they don't realise what is coming down the tracks.

The hypocrisy is the least of their worries.

Yes you’re probably correct. Sadly I’m not hopeful about the future regarding a carefree life for many of us getting out and about either locally or abroad.